Author Topic: Thoughts at 3 years, from the rocking chair...  (Read 890 times)

hachi

• Widowed 7-6-2012 YWBB Joined 6-10-2013 Loc:NH
Thoughts at 3 years, from the rocking chair...
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:11:14 PM »
Everything is different, and yet nothing has changed. It was a lifetime ago and it feels like it just happened yesterday. My life is full of great friends, family that truly cares for me, a new guy. And yet sometimes it feels empty. I feel like I am living this life of opposites.

This has been an emotional month. On Father's Day my daughter posted this on Facebook.

It reminded me of a post I made a few months after my husband passed away, this picture with the comment that some empty places just can't be filled.

For a long time it was my avatar. I posted a link to it on my FB page and New Guy got a little upset about it. Then he saw the date and said he felt like a jerk and apologized. I accepted his apology but asked him if the date really made a difference. Which led to a discussion about grief and dates, and anniversaries which wreak havoc on the heart.

I have been spending a bit of time in that rocking chair lately as I come up on the 3 year anniversary. Reliving the last few days as our time together got small. As sad as it makes me, I am happy still that he got to do it on his terms, in a place that he loved.

But I don't miss him any less...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:50:20 AM by hachi »
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.      ~ A. Einstein

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
Re: Thoughts at 3 years, from the rocking chair...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:02:44 PM »
I bet you don't miss him any less. I'm feeling that missing tonight so strong just over 2 yrs out.  Not sure why but it hurts like hell. Hugs to you.
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
Re: Thoughts at 3 years, from the rocking chair...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »
Hugs, hachi.  I understand not missing him any less.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness