Author Topic: "Little Happies" thread- we start small to find a bit of joy again  (Read 10843 times)

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
Re: "Little Happies" thread- we start small to find a bit of joy again
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 09:36:59 PM »
This is a big happy! Good for you,  TooSoon!
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Needytoo

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 05:57:00 AM »
My oldest son and I talk a lot about my husband, sharing memories ect.  My youngest on the other hand hasn't shared anything since his passing.  Yesterday he shared a memory of one time when he hit a kid at school and how his father disciplined him.  He remembered and acted out everything his father did.  My husband could be full of drama that is for sure.  Very nice that my son was finally able to open up and do this, it filled my heart. 

hachi

• Widowed 7-6-2012 YWBB Joined 6-10-2013 Loc:NH
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 06:18:14 AM »
Some of you know my story with my son. Due to his behavior over the past few years, the relationship between him and my daughter has been a little rocky.  He called her last week and invited her to dinner (I go to visit him after work on every other Wednesday when I can)

It was the first time he had called her in years, and the first time she had ever been to his house. It was really wonderful to be together there, and truly a milestone in their relationship.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.      ~ A. Einstein

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 07:25:21 AM »
I had the pleasure of hosting fellow widower Melissa'sGypsy (you guys remember him!)

I wondered where he had been and how he was doing.  Sounds like he's in a pretty good spot :) Glad you guys had a good time.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

ieh21

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 08:07:18 AM »
It was really wonderful to be together there, and truly a milestone in their relationship.
Hachi, as a mom, you must be so happy to see this small step unfold.

My own little happy is that I received my first pair of Tretorns in about 15 years. They were my favourite walking around shoes in my twenties and I stopped being able to buy them here. For whatever reason on Sunday I thought out of nowhere "hey, I can probably buy them online!". And lo and behold, they are adorning my feet this very morning. Sometimes, for short bursts of time, money really can buy you happiness.

Carey

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 09:29:50 AM »
oh man when I was in high school I had Tretorns and LOVED them. Now that you've mentioned it I will have to go look for some online.

My little happy for the day is TGIF ... and since I was here till after 9 last night, I get to leave work at noon today. I think I'm gonna find a good spot and just read. Im exhausted and 4 hours to myself sounds like heaven.  OH and I earned $150 last night "catering" our work event, so that will be a nice little bonus
And if I know you at all

lcoxwell

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »
I just had a talk with my landlady. I have been renting this house for 11-1/2 years. I have a long history of paying the rent on time, up until this last year, since Kenneth died. This year, I had gotten behind a bit. I have been struggling and doing everything I can to try and catch up, but still owe about $1000. She just informed me that, if I can stick to the July 31st move out day, she will write off the other money I owe her. I cannot tell you what a relief it is to have this worry off of my shoulders.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

mmg19

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 06:14:50 PM »
Posted out grown bikes and other sports equipment on local bulletin.  SOLD within 24 hours.  Boys founds used bikes and had enough money to get them from their sales.  3 happy people in this house tonight.

Virgo

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 05:11:30 PM »
Carpet in the basement was cleaned yesterday.  I can finally move everything back. We've been dealing with this since ithe basement flooded on July 3rd. The man cleaning the carpet was very nice. Attractive too :) He said he could come back and clean the other side of the family room once we get everything put back.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2015, 05:06:31 PM »
I'm happy today. Hard to believe, but true. It's over 100F outside, my yard is finally mowed, and I didn't do it! Ha! I finally sucked it up and hired a very nice man to come cut the grass. It sounds silly, but I'm proud of myself, and my lawn looks soooo much better. (I'd been hacking at it with a me-powered push mower until the heat defeated me!) Plus, I'm actually a little ahead on school work-- at least until the weekend. :)
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Needytoo

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2015, 08:37:58 AM »
Went to a back yard party yesterday.  I was so nervous going to a party where you hardly know anyone and I had a fabulous time. Can't believe I stayed up to 2 am, that is a shocker as well. 

hachi

• Widowed 7-6-2012 YWBB Joined 6-10-2013 Loc:NH
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2015, 07:41:07 AM »
Rode my motorcycle to work this morning after finally getting it fixed. Beautiful morning, 18 mile putt. 35 mph the whole way. Perfect way to start the day.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.      ~ A. Einstein

Virgo

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:26 PM »
School registration for my daughters today. They're excited even if they won't admit it. Loved seeing their smiles!
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Carey

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2015, 08:27:32 AM »
I went to Virginia with friends a couple weeks ago and bought myself a charm bracelet. It was the first money I spent on myself in probably 3 years. I also got a little charm to go on it that's a English double decker bus with a union jack on top (I LOVE all things brittish, and England was my favorite part of Busch Gardens that weekend).  That little jingle on my wrist every day makes me so happy, I LOVE it.  Cant explain it, but I'm excited about getting other charms for it, etc. and I have a charm on it that is angel wings with a pearl, in honor of Chad and I rub it between my fingers like a touchstone sometimes.  Sill I know but sometimes it really is the little things. 
And if I know you at all

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2015, 12:38:37 AM »
1. It's my MIL's birthday this weekend----cake!!!
2. I get to see my nephews--mah babies!!
3. Might go see that new Meryl Streep movie this weekend.

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas