Author Topic: "Little Happies" thread- we start small to find a bit of joy again  (Read 10954 times)

canadiangirl

Starting this thread in honour of Just Jen.  Today I showed my child a tiny snail on a rosebush.  The shell amazed us with how complex it was.  That snail is probably a garden pest but it was my one "little happy" today, and represents the pace of change/healing around here.  And that's all I got.  ((Just Jen))

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
Re: "Little Happies" thread- we start small to find a bit of joy again
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:43:12 PM »
The little bit of happiness I had today was hearing my dog snoring on the bed. Makes my heart warm. :)
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

Virgo

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
My in-laws are awesome! My father in-law came by to mow our lawn while my two older daughters helped me in the landscaping. While we were working in the yard my mother in-law was making us dinner. So nice!
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

lcoxwell

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:29:03 PM »
I haven't been feeling well, so I took a nice, long nap today, and my Pit Bull, Boo, curled up beside me on the bed to cuddle. I love her cuddles.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

widowat33

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »
The timing of this post is eerie.
Today while shopping at Walmart we let a lady with one item ahead of us in line. She thanked us, paid and left. Then she returned and spoke with the cashier and informed us she was using her employee discount for our purchases! So my boys got to see first hand how random acts of kindness are appreciated! It's such an important lesson for them that although these acts aren't always returned it does feel good to be kind to others :)

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 11:47:08 PM »
Lil happies for today:

Purchased a whole host of cleaning products today with a gift card I'd had stashed away. I lurve me some cleaning products, and for free? Boom!

Father of the Bride parts 1 and 2 were showing today on this afternoon's cable line-up. Those movies are so benign, sweet, and innocent, and that lil classy Diane Keaton is my absolute favorite actress, ever!

Listening to my dog Pumpkin, snoring by my side. Her kind lil presence brings me such comfort.

Baylee
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:50:12 PM by Baylee627 »
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

Kealoha

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 12:06:07 AM »
Toddler snuggles into your neck and little hands patting your face as they get sleepy.  Best blues banisher ever.  I am so lucky to have this every day.  DD may never  fully know how much she helps me.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:35:30 AM »
I finally decided on and ordered patio furniture for the new place. It is a small thing, but one more step to this new place being home and made me happy.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

A Tout Jamais

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »

This made me smile!

Sometimes a smile is the only "little Happy" I can find!

Oh, how to be young and innocent again!

ATJ  :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:40:50 AM by A Tout Jamais »
"Tu n'es plus là où tu étais, mais tu es partout là où je suis."
~~ Victor Hugo

"Je me souviens de toi ... Je me souviens de nous  - Il était une fois -  Je me souviens de tout!"

PhotoJunkie

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »
mine is from last night as we are just getting to the start of our day (we slept in)  but I have been snuggling on the couch or in bed with my daughter on a regular basis.  We pick a movie to watch and we snuggle.  Full on touching, which has been something that has been severely missing in the last few years between us.  It doesn't matter what we have done that day, we snuggle in the evening.  I might make this an unofficial rule from now on.  It just fills my heart when we snuggle. 

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 01:44:40 PM »
Starting this thread in honour of Just Jen.  Today I showed my child a tiny snail on a rosebush.  The shell amazed us with how complex it was.  That snail is probably a garden pest but it was my one "little happy" today, and represents the pace of change/healing around here.  And that's all I got.  ((Just Jen))

I adore you for starting this. Thank you. Seriously. Thank you. :*)

Hopefully I'll be able to add something soon.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

ieh21

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »
I took a few minutes at work to plan a dinner party for this coming Wednesday. I hadn't looked at epicurious in a long time, never mind taken up the challenge of matching my menu to someone's allergies/intolerance list. Am very much looking forward to cooking!

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 02:59:04 PM »
Best friend bought me a Baja Mt Dew at lunch and just let me lay on his shoulder and be hugged. Hes a teddy bear of a man and gives the best hugs.  looking forward to the weekend at the beach, cause we have a military sponsor for this weekend and we can go back to OUR place, and  I love all things red white and blue
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

lcoxwell

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 05:34:18 PM »
I was sitting on the edge of my bed, going through a few things, when I looked up to find my son, with just his head sticking in the doorway. He never said a word, just grinned, and went on his merry way (after getting the dogs wound up, so that they came flopping over, right in the middle of the pile of papers, I was trying to organize). I am really going to miss that boy and those dogs, when we all move next month.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

MissingMyJon

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 11:07:24 PM »
I was able to send my youngest off to grandma and grandpa's, and take my two oldest kids to see Jurrasic World.  So hard to get time alone from my little kling-on.  Loved being with just my oldest two.  Thanks mom and dad!   :)
Jon, your name is imprinted on my life.
I love you, baby.
9/16/1985 - 4/30/2014