Author Topic: "Little Happies" thread- we start small to find a bit of joy again  (Read 10965 times)

canadiangirl

Re: "Little Happies" thread- we start small to find a bit of joy again
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 08:40:09 PM »
My small one expressed the desire today to breakdance to "It Takes Two" by Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock.
I have the day off tomorrow for a national holiday.

Two little happies.

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »
My dog gave me 2 wet sloppy kisses today after daycare. She isn't the kissing type usually, and it felt good to feel the love.
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

lcoxwell

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 10:02:19 PM »
My "little happy" for today came in the form of a text from New Guy, who asked if I would like to go shopping with him for a new washing machine. Since the plan is to get married some time in the next year, this will be our first official purchase for what will one day be "our" house. I am so excited!

My other "little happy" came in the form of orange jello. Ever since I was in the hospital ICU, I seem to have developed an obsession with orange jello. To quote a favorite student of mine, "That stuff is the bomb diggity!"
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 10:59:06 PM »
Today's lil happies:

Yoga taught by my favorite instructor, who happens to be battling breast cancer. She's a freaking She-ra warrior princess, and she just radiates warmth and goodness.

Off from work today, so I languished in bed with my morning caffeine fix. Adore these kinds of mornings:)

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

Virgo

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 12:28:36 AM »
I felt pretty today. I was just out getting groceries, but I felt pretty. :) I ended up running into a few people I knew at the grocery store too. I guess everyone had the same idea.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »
Yesterday my work team went bowling. It was the first time I had bowled since a group of friends went with me on LH's birthday after he passed. I worried about being triggered but those fears we're unfounded. It was a good time.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

MissingMyJon

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »
I woke up with morning with a big smile on my face, perky and happy all around!  It is the first day since Jon's death where although I think of Jon all the time, I am still feeling happy.  Trying to savor the feeling.  I remember once upon a time when I used to feel like this all the time.  It has felt like I would never wake up really happy.  It is good to know that I can still feel like that.   ;D
Jon, your name is imprinted on my life.
I love you, baby.
9/16/1985 - 4/30/2014

lcoxwell

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »
While taking a shower this afternoon, Vinnie the Pug, was pawing at the shower door, prompting me to crack the door, just a touch. Silly Pug stuck his nose in, like he was checking to see that I was okay, then turned and walk away. Goofy dog made me laugh.

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »
Fireworks with my kids!
Happy Canada Day!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:24:01 PM by momtokam »

IfIonlycould

• Joined YWBB 2008
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »
Finding the right shrubs for the back proprety line at the garden center with "Promo $5.00" tags and getting to the register to find out they have been marked down to $3.75! Believe me I was plenty happy at $5.00 this was the added little happy bonus!
We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.
Aristotle Onassis

lcoxwell

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
My "little happy' this morning was receiving a series of texts from my son that made me giggle. He should seriously be a comedian.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 12:38:55 AM »
I supervise a team at work and they were given an agressive productivity goal to get to leave early for the long weekend. They hit goal three hours early. Days like that where everyone really pulls together make me feel fulfilled as a leader.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Virgo

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 12:52:06 AM »
I went out for dinner and to see Magic Mike with my crazy girlfriend. 
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

donswife

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 07:18:08 AM »
I was having a really hard time sleeping ...looking at my clock it said 3 am
my cat Edith , not known for ever being a cuddlier, came in and slept tucked in my arms
was very brave of her as my black lab was cuddling on the other side
but black lab just lifted her head and let Edith stay there
My everything

SoVerySad

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 07:23:07 AM »
I took the kids to see Inside Out last night. Lots of laughter which always feels so good.
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.