Author Topic: Two Monkeys = Big Fun!  (Read 1116 times)

Mac

• Some of my photos: http://www.flickr.com/wackomaco
    • I have some of my photos here on flickr
Two Monkeys = Big Fun!
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:33:10 PM »
Cindy & I had so much fun with all of our adventures. We never found any drive to be boring. Never bored waiting at an airport. We were easily amused and were constantly laughing. She always said that it was because of the fact that we were both born in the year of the monkey (Chinese).

One time we took a trip to Kauai. We had fun traveling off the beaten path, trying stay away from the more touristy areas.

We were driving back down the hills from the forest. I pulled over to the side of the road to get out and enjoy the scenery. We saw that there was a river there so we climbed down the banks of it. Before long, a boat approached. It was a tour boat. We then realized that we were on the river leading up to the Fern Grotto. 

The tourists on the boats didn?t seem to be smiling much or to be having much fun. Neither did the guides. Seeing the boats go by reminded us of being on the Jungle Ride at Disneyland. So we gathered some leaves and branches and put them in our hair and clothes.  Then as each boat would approach we would do the hula together and entertain the tourists.

I was hoping that we wouldn?t offend the Hawaiian tour guides. They thought that it was really funny and gave us a big shaka sign. The tourists were no longer bored. Some them did the hula back to us. Everyone was laughing. We stayed there and did it for over two hours. Two monkeys = big fun!
Grateful for the past. Embracing the present. Trusting in the future.

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
Re: Two Monkeys = Big Fun!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
Uproarious! Envisioning that made me laugh hard. If only we had an actual photo of this!!

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

singinmomo4

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:57:38 AM »
LOL!  Great story Mac!  Thanks for the smile!
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:42:30 PM »
What an awesome thing to do. Great memories for you!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Gabzmom

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »
That's a totally awesome story!!!
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 07:17:14 AM »
lol isn't it wonderful to have memories like that? Great story, thanks for sharing, I needed a smile. :)
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

azjane

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
Love love love   8)