Socializing > Social Encounters

On line dating vents and laughs......

<< < (293/304) > >>

arneal:
Good points tybec. It has to be much harder for those who had an ideal situation before. I had a horrid first go at marriage and was grateful for the second go. I learned that love is not painful but patient, among other good fortune cookie points  ;D But seriously, second LH taught me about accepting and loving myself and allowing someone else to love me as well. I needed that to survive his illness and subsequent death as well as now moving forward with the life I need to live. NG I hope will be a deepening part of it as time goes on and I recognize that I have never looked for perfection but for someone who is willing (to use your words) accept my warts as much as I accept theirs :)

Leadfeather:
One of my dates turned into a 2 month thing. She has been going through some issues at work and with her kids that have added a lot of stress to her life. Even through all that I found I really liked her and enjoyed spending time with her. And from what I can tell, she enjoyed spending time with me. The last few days have been rather quiet on the texting and phone call front. This afternoon my text asking if she would be interested in getting together some time this weekend was met with "I am not sure yet, I am re-evaluating dating"

It is disappointing.

trying2breathe:
Leadfeather  Sorry that you're dealing with this disappointment, it sounds like maybe there's something going on that you're not aware of?  If you care about the relationship, I would ask her what's going on and what she's thinking.  Possibly there's too much on her plate right now, but not to stereotype - okay I will  :D - women sometimes can get a bit wonky when things are off.  I'm going through some of this myself right now -

Portside:

--- Quote from: Leadfeather on January 11, 2018, 02:10:09 PM ---. . .  getting together some time this weekend was met with "I am not sure yet, I am re-evaluating dating"

--- End quote ---

Even if she decides to get together, do you really want to?

If she is indecisive about dating, I'd take that as a negative and not something I want to deal with. 

Sorry.

trying2breathe:

--- Quote from: Portside on January 11, 2018, 07:03:32 PM ---Even if she decides to get together, do you really want to?

--- End quote ---

Yes, do you want to try in this relationship?  She may truly be re-evaluating dating.

On the other hand - interpretation of her words from a female perspective -
I wonder if he wants to stick with me even though I'm going through some stress right now.  Wonder if he's okay with some of the tougher times, is he okay with me when I'm not at my best?

She may be putting out this re-evaluation comment to test the strength of your relationship.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version