Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 202806 times)

Julester3

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #1515 on: March 19, 2018, 09:33:25 PM »
I guess I never elaborated on my situation. I found someone I really truly like. He's a gentlemen and he's patient with me and even did his best to call me out on some of my fears since I'm still in that hesitant mode but in a polite non-offensive way. We're compatible and have a good amount of similar interests. We've talked pretty openly and it's going in a good direction. This has been for about 2 months now.

I caught his interest by accident. I felt the need to update my dating profile because a trip to the doctor has revealed that I need a hysterectomy so if a guy had a wish to still have children, I can't have kids anymore. So I had to change my status saying I didn't want any more children as I was previously undecided. No need to get anyone's hopes up. This tiny change alerted him since we were matched weeks ago but never contacted nor sorted the other out. Still it had him look at my profile and contact me. We text and call often. He's divorced with kids and has them every other week so we have to plan accordingly. My kids know and have given their blessing to have him over so we can do boring adult things like hang out and watch TV, maybe cook together. Going out is fun but we seem to be homebodies so a homebody activity may be just what we need. LOL. My 14 y.o. gave me my own lecture back to me, "You can have boys over but no touchy feely business and they can't go upstairs!"

I had tried with another guy who I was talking with since October but he's moved on, I think. He's just too busy with 2 jobs and checking on aged parents and other family in the area. He was also divorced and a great guy but our schedules never seem to mesh and I honestly tried to be a little more open and affectionate to him (hugs and a quick peck here or there impromptu) but got nothing but a brotherly hug back. I think that's why I was became reserved with the guy I am seeing now. I think it made me less likely to open to show any type of affection.

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #1516 on: March 20, 2018, 10:05:10 AM »
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-new-dating-trend-is-even-worse-than-ghosting_us_5aabfcf6e4b05b2217fe8495?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

A single friend of mine shared this article, and I’ve seen people on here talk about dealing with this type of bad behavior, so thought it might be of some interest in this thread.
It is a fearful thing to love what Death can touch.

StillWidowed

« Reply #1517 on: March 29, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »
So I'd been chatting to a guy for a little bit as he was out of the country on business.  Btw he let me know he was wealthy.  ::) We got along fine and set up an evening to meet for a glass of wine.  As we are chatting and getting to know each other, he proceeds to ask me "when's the last time you had sex?".  I tell you, some of these guys are something else.  If you saw my other post about women not liking sex, I assure you this wasn't the guy I mentioned in that post.  Nope, this is another one.  Ugh!!!!!

Peony

« Reply #1518 on: March 29, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »
StillWidowed,

I'm starting to think that you are just incredibly irresistible!!!    :) ;D ;)

StillWidowed

« Reply #1519 on: April 02, 2018, 12:24:18 PM »
Nah.......I've met nice men too, but no attraction.  I just won't settle.  Case in point.....I saw a gf of mine at a concert that I hadn't seen in awhile.  She told me who she was dating and this was a guy I had run into a couple of times.  I instantly knew he was the kind of man that expected the woman to do all the chasing.  That isn't me.  So there's my gf and I chatting and I asked where he was.  She said the bathroom.  All of a sudden she says she had to go and as I looked down the hallway (as she literally ran after him) I saw him nod his head to her (irritated) like let's go!  He started walking out.  Didn't wait for her to catch up.  Didn't come to her and say hi to us.  Nope.  It was a come on woman! type of thing.  I'll take single over that bullshit any day.  ;D

Virgo

« Reply #1520 on: April 25, 2018, 03:27:20 PM »
I'll take single over that bullshit any day.  ;D

I agree! I won't settle. A friend told me that my marriage was a blessing and a curse. I know how good it can be, which makes me walk away from guys to quickly. I disagree.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss