Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 146960 times)

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
Re: On line dating vents......
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2015, 12:40:26 PM »
Sunshinedaydreamz,  definitely....

Oh, I forgot a tip I got from that out of town guy. We were taking about on line dating scams. He is also targeted by scammers apparently. He asks them to send a picture of themselves holding something specific, pen, book, etc. If they are real and not a scam, you will know. A good tip I wish I knew in my first attempts at on line dating.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:10:46 PM by momtokam »

sunshinedaydreamz

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »
I always made it a rule not to meet with "out of towners".
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:02:09 AM by sunshinedaydreamz »

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:09 PM »
I am a relationship person as well, aways was. It just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me right now. I'm 50, with 3 kids from 11-17.  I'm so off the radar for almost all men in my age bracket. They either want much younger women or they want a free as a bird woman to take off at a moments notice.

I'm easy going, funny, decent looking and don't look my age, but that does not seem to matter. I'm not looking to snag a new husband or father for my kids anytime soon. It would be nice just to get out, meet some new people, and maybe it could lead to a nice relationship. I didn't  think it would be so hard.

I did casual only once in my life for one year between relationships in my early twenties. I didn't enjoy it then and don't know if I would enjoy it now. Sometimes I think it would be simpler to just look for casual now. Maybe that's why I actually decided to meet up with this out of town guy. To see if I could actually do it or not. I knew he was not interested in a relationship up front. Even that didn't seem to work out for me!

Honestly, not sure about any of this anymore.

sunshinedaydreamz

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2015, 03:31:55 PM »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:01:18 AM by sunshinedaydreamz »

Sugarbell

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »
I am a relationship person as well, aways was. It just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me right now. I'm 50, with 3 kids from 11-17.  I'm so off the radar for almost all men in my age bracket. They either want much younger women or they want a free as a bird woman to take off at a moments notice.

I'm easy going, funny, decent looking and don't look my age, but that does not seem to matter. I'm not looking to snag a new husband or father for my kids anytime soon. It would be nice just to get out, meet some new people, and maybe it could lead to a nice relationship. I didn't  think it would be so hard.

I did casual only once in my life for one year between relationships in my early twenties. I didn't enjoy it then and don't know if I would enjoy it now. Sometimes I think it would be simpler to just look for casual now. Maybe that's why I actually decided to meet up with this out of town guy. To see if I could actually do it or not. I knew he was not interested in a relationship up front. Even that didn't seem to work out for me!

Honestly, not sure about any of this anymore.

I totally get this....At 44 with 3 kids ages 8-12...It was a similar boat...Men 10 years younger than me had kids my kids age....and
Were looking for a step momma for kids....Men my age had grown children and were just more free as you say and in a different stage of life.

Oddly...I found a man 8 years my senior who had a college age daughter....And even though he's free to go...he actually gets that my life is very tied down. And he accepts it and likes it. Like you I was not looking nor am I now looking for a Dad for my kids. He's just a cool guy and we have fun together.

They are out there-but I agree it can be exhausting weeding through potential dates. It always just seemed like another job.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

Bear1956

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
Unfortunately, most guys/gals in their 50s have done the whole family thing and are looking forward to their kid free twilight years. At least that was my experience so I waited until my youngest was 18 to start dating.

MrsDan

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »
I dunno, I guess I see the whole  messaging a bit differently. I'm supposed to respond to every message that says something beyond hi or a bit of a cougar aren't you? (Yes, I got that.) Even when we're like a 40% match? That's a full time job! And not interested in opening doors I would just slam in someone's face. I figure when I send a message, maybe I'll get a response, maybe I won't. That's just how it goes. That like button though, that pisses me off. I got a like from someone I hadn't noticed before and sent him a message. If I don't get a response, well that's a little irksome. If you like someone, maybe then you should respond. But I guess I don't really expect strangers to respond if they're not at all interested.
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2015, 12:21:48 AM »
Thanks Sugarbell.....I know they are out there....I just wish we could find each other!

MrsDan,  I know what you are saying about opening a door to just slam it shut. For me, if they make a nice effort, I do respond. But I certainly see your point. And the like or wink stuff....yup, reply to those and then nothing back. They must send out to everyone, who knows!

MrsDan

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2015, 06:33:06 PM »
Okay ladies and gentlemen, top this. I messaged this guy, he messaged me back, it went back and forth for a while, and he asked if we could talk on the phone. OK, sure. It went okay for a while. He'd mentioned having a bird and I thought, haha that's kind of funny, made me think of Maddelena. So he's talking and talking, asking me questions but not giving me a chance to answer. Then he tells me his bird was eaten by a rat! He went on and on, then mentioned he'd had a few cocktails. Big groan. Anyway, we're talking, he's name dropping (PS, I'm not impressed that you met Bruce Campbell. Bruce Campbell is awesome, and very well known for being really great with his fans.) So come to find out he's been married three times. Okay, whatever. THEN he asks me how many times a week I masturbate. Oh no. Then when I wouldn't answer, the question, he asks if I'm sexually inhibited. No jag bag there's a difference between being inhibited and being discerning about who you share it with. Anyway, I got off the phone and he texted me a few times. I saved his number under the name, Gross in case he calls or texts again.

Who goes for this crap?! I've messaged back and forth with a few guys; there have been only two guys who actually seem genuinely nice. And one I'm starting to strongly suspect lives with his parents. But okay, at least he's sweet. Everyone else seems to be either a total perv, or they act like they're too good to continue a conversation that they decided at one point to engage in.

lcoxwell

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2015, 07:05:16 PM »
I saved his number under the name, Gross in case he calls or texts again.

I have to admit, this gave me a real laugh (though I am sorry online dating is not going well).
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2015, 08:18:36 PM »
Yikes MrsDan!  A real winner you found there! Don't be selfish and keep him for yourself!! ;)

I had a guy message me....his profile mentioned "my woman" 3 times and he wanted to take me to a mall and walk around so he could see my angel face and he would bring me a rose!

I really get a kick out of the too perfect profiles though ...cute guy, widow, model photograph,  profile reads like a girl's dream...I know it can't be real but I message them for fun....he always appears recently on line but the messages are never read. Are these bait profiles the sites set up?

MrsDan

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2015, 01:17:52 PM »
Well, it's not all bad. That guy I had lunch with and I have been texting. He's on a trip, so I think it's kind of nice that he's still in contact while he's on vacation. I had a few qualms, but my friend came in from back home and we talked about it and I feel better about it. I wasn't sure when he was back in town so I asked him if he wanted to have coffee ( I'm kid free until Tuesday). He said he's not back until Wednesday but, "I want a raincheck!" Shit. I better work harder at finding a babysitter.

SunshineFL

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2015, 05:31:01 PM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:35:00 PM by SunshineFL »

nonesuch

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2015, 07:43:13 PM »
THEN he asks me how many times a week I masturbate. Oh no. Then when I wouldn't answer, the question, he asks if I'm sexually inhibited. No jag bag there's a difference between being inhibited and being discerning about who you share it with. Anyway, I got off the phone and he texted me a few times. I saved his number under the name, Gross in case he calls or texts again.

I think we have a winner. 

MrsDan

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »
Okay, although I generally dislike the brief criptic messages, I did appreciate this one: " You look like you're 25" ( I'm 39).