Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 145917 times)

Guaruj

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »
Just saw and loved this http://www.theonion.com/article/woman-feels-shes-finally-ready-start-receiving-uns-52143

I read this and it's hilarious! Then I started reading the other stories on that site and....

Beware! There's a sick joke of piece with the title How to Talk to Your Child About Death, which is only funny to those who have not yet experienced a tragic loss. Skip that one if you can.

Sorry for the off-topic digression.

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2016, 08:22:28 PM »
Well.  Closing out the weekend, I thought I had three dates - a first date today with a woman I have been messaging with for awhile, a fifth date Friday with a woman I've got on well with before, and a first date with a widow who I expected to be "just friends" with.  The first one cancelled on Monday, saying her Mom was sick and she had some bad job news and would not be good company.  I might hear from her later on.  The second one had already had to decline a date offer last week, and Friday was the rescheduled time, but she cancelled earlier today due to just being too busy.  The third one I did meet, and I liked her but don't see a connection.  Oh well, January started with great promise in other areas, so to heck with it.  I kinda wish chat were still a thing we did here.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »
I'm sorry Rob....

It has been an interesting month...

Met one gentleman, very nice but not more than friends.
Chatted with another, widower, new in town, when I suggested we meet, he went poof! Scammer for sure.
Chatting with a new gentleman I am enjoying very much. Plan to meet after I get back from my trip. Some spidey senses that there might be something fishy. We shall see.
Had date 5 with my minimal texter. Movie only, no attempt to touch me until the good night kiss...still don't know if am I am a buddy with kissing benefits! He is really nice and texts me every day. He did ask tonight if I packed a bikini for my trip!

Rob, you can chat with us ladies in Florida if you want!!! 😊

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
Time for a little update!

Gentleman (using the term loosely) I was enjoying chatting with seems to have gone poof! I don't think I was providing the pics or dialogue he was desiring. Suspicions he may have been a loan shark too!

My widower (who went poof), new to my city, said he was a pipeline engineer, he was from match.

Oh, guess what, I have a new match on tinder.....a widower, new to my city, who is a pipeline engineer....😨 You just can't make this stuff up! I am not holding anything back with this one!

RobFTC

« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
Hey G, I'm an engineer who's seen a pipeline, would you date me?  ;D   Talk about trends!

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2016, 04:55:46 PM »
Hey G, I'm an engineer who's seen a pipeline, would you date me?  ;D   Talk about trends!

Take care,
Rob T

😁😁😁😁😁

If only you were not so far away!

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2016, 05:45:07 PM »
So after being turned off by match and pof .. My friend convinced me to try tinder. I do like a lot about it. Of course normal, guys email then poof...one guy though , darn I wished I screenshot it to show you guys. He basically needed to know my freak factor and what I'm willing to do behind closed doors. Told him shame he didn't try to meet me or get to know me first , that I've been known to bring men to their knees. His response , no women will ever do that to me , then wait...  so what do you do ? Lmao ... Block , next . 
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

RobFTC

« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2016, 09:07:43 PM »
I can't remember the last time I knew of anyone swiping right on me on Tinder.  I need to get my butt off that site!

Take care,
Rob T

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »
I can't remember the last time I knew of anyone swiping right on me on Tinder.  I need to get my butt off that site!

Take care,
Rob T

http://m.kiss925.com/2016/02/10/how-men-can-up-their-tinder-game/

Apparently you need to wear red, scowl, and hold a dog. (In your case one of your kitties) 😁

TalksToAngels

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2016, 11:42:22 PM »
Love how everything is "studies say". Who the heck are they interviewing anyway.
My analysis of over 45 dating sites is that almost everybody you will meet are fed up w the sites, have been in multiple relationships, and will gladly tell you ALL about them, including sexual details which will make you wish you stayed home and watched Netflix.
Really sad pool. Think I'll stay on the dry sand.

nonesuch

« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2016, 08:32:09 PM »
Does pipeline engineer = overseas a lot, and frequently needs money wired to him to cover expenses?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
Well, I guess I'm going to get my first opportunity to post on this thread.  I've opened myself up to the possibilities of meeting new people.  I've had a couple first dates, nice men, but definitely not the right men for me.  They were the kinds of situations where it didn't take long to know that there wasn't any chemistry at all, but they weren't uncomfortable, either.  Then there was the guy I met waiting in line at the deli counter at the grocery store.

I was wearing a fleece jacket with a logo from my university.  He struck up a conversation by asking me if I worked at the university.  I told him I was a student.  We continued our conversation for several minutes, discussing education...he has a bachelor's degree, a master's degree and an MBA.  He had received his first degree from my university, and he had moved back to the area recently.  He asked me if I would be interested in having dinner some time.  I said sure...and I gave him my phone number.  He texted me the next day and asked me out to dinner.  We made plans.  We met at a local restaurant.  I asked him a few questions about his past, where he had lived, why he had returned to the area.  He skirted some questions and said he didn't want to talk about our pasts, just move forward.  I wasn't having it.  My spidey senses were at full attention.  I told him that our pasts were a part of us, and I needed to understand where he came from and that I was not going to pretend anyone's past didn't exist.  He realized that I meant what I said.  Things would go nowhere if he didn't level with me.  So...he started leveling with me...somewhat.  I could tell he was hiding things.  I kept a really calm and accepting exterior, all-the-while becoming more concerned.  Eventually, some truth started coming out.  He has some level of a drinking problem, has at least one DUI back in Texas, he has been arrested for domestic violence and he and his ex-wife were charged with tax evasion - 7 years that his ex-wife apparently didn't file their taxes.  I'm not sure how such a highly educated man doesn't know he hasn't signed his tax forms!  He used to live in high society and can name drop all over the place, but right now, he is living in a completely VA supported apartment, gets support from the Salvation Army, doesn't have a penny to his name....and he feels entitled to all of the support he is getting.  He managed to blame everyone but himself for his own predicament.  He tried to tell me just how brilliant he is - MENSA brilliant.  Perhaps he is smart, but he wasn't too perceptive about me.  And...he couldn't even pay for his own dinner.  I managed to be kind to him and treat him with dignity, but I let him know I wasn't attracted to him.  He persisted in texting me and I finally had to bluntly say that his communication needed to stop and I wasn't going to remain in contact.

UGH!  Dating in small town America!

Maybe I just need to give up on this idea.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

Torn

• "This Guy"
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2016, 03:35:07 AM »
Maureen,
  Congrats for trying to get out and meet new people BUT:

that fellow drinks and has been charged for domestic violence...hmmm,well I doubt you missed anything substantial in him.

Personally I tried to make a date with a local lady & through talking to her I had a realisation, I'm afraid I'm not ready.
  Once I heard the sports bar,going out and all well I just gave up, I'm not the bar type and enjoy more personal connections between men + women.
    Best to you all next time
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Oscar Levant

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2016, 01:43:43 PM »
Maureen, don't give up!
It's so good that you are getting yourself out there.

Many Mr Wrongs will cross our paths before the Mr Right will.

Take it one day at a time and remember to laugh at these experiences  because laughing is way better than crying! 😊

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2016, 02:29:39 PM »
Does pipeline engineer = overseas a lot, and frequently needs money wired to him to cover expenses?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Never got far enough to find out! 
Engineer #2 went POOF when I mentioned my coincidence chatting with another widower, new in town, pipeline engineer! 😁😁😁😁