Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 160474 times)

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2016, 02:34:38 PM »
Torn, you may feel more ready when the right situation presents itself to you. This just wasn't it. And that is OK.

SimiRed

• Widowed 9-19-09 Joined YWBB 10-2009
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2016, 07:07:58 PM »
Whew, Maureen...Glad you got that information out of him!!  And I can't believe he stuck you with the bill!

Good for you for getting out and meeting others!

~Tracey~
My wonderful husband Rick of 19 years, 12/11/67 - 9/20/09 Neuroendocrine cancer.
I still miss you everyday, I go forward, but my mind stands still.

kjs1989

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2016, 08:18:19 PM »
Maureen,

Wow. I had a couple of dates like that, too. Seemingly nice guys on the surface, but yeah, that feeling that there may be some history looming beneath the surface. I am a snoop. I actually went on my state's court site where you can plug a name in and up pops all kinds of interesting things. The domestic abuse thing ruled out even a first meeting. I don't care what his side of the story is. I don't want to sort it out. NEXT!!!

NG received the same snoop treatment from me. His divorce was listed along with a speeding ticket ten years ago. That was all. No lawsuits, no bankruptcies, no domestic abuse, no back child support, no DUIs.

DING DING DING!!!!!  We have a winner!!!!

Hang in there! There are nice guys to be had. You will find him!

Captains wife

« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2016, 08:29:39 PM »
Wow...didn't know those types of search options were available via state court sites. Thanks for the date snooping tip! : )  There are so many crazies out there- and liars as I have found out!

Mrskro

« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2016, 07:45:33 AM »
I'm just not cut out for this online dating thing....

Guy ....Hey there, how are you doing today?

me .... Hello,  I'm pretty good.  How are you? 

Guy ...I'm ok, just trying to stay warm (it was -30 here that day.

me ....  lol  I know what you mean, I was in an arena for hockey earlier and it was warmer inside!   

Guy ...  Well come over here and I'll keep you warm.

Me ** head bang**

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2016, 09:39:13 AM »
Another, new to my town, widower, gold merchant this time....

Do I have "Scammer Target" tattooed to my forehead in my profile pictures?

I'm so fed up, I'm done! It's just not meant to be!

sojourner

« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2016, 10:31:26 AM »
"Does pipeline engineer = overseas a lot, and frequently needs money wired to him to cover expenses?

Inquiring minds want to know!"

Somehow, and maybe I'm too suspicious, when I read "pipeline engineer," what my mind reads is "drug runner!" :o

sphoc

« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2016, 10:40:19 AM »

I think it's everyone - I get more scammers than anything else. I amuse myself by calling them out on their shenanigans.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #218 on: February 16, 2016, 01:09:39 PM »

I think it's everyone - I get more scammers than anything else. I amuse myself by calling them out on their shenanigans.

I call them out on it too......I also will waste some of their time on purpose if I'm bored!

It's just getting to be way more than I've had before.
I think it's time for a break.  I will have to rely on you all to share some laughs with me!

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »
I know nothing should surprise me anymore , but I guess I'm naive . So just in last two months... Three guys online ( different sites ) one was separated for a second , back with wife but profile still up . Another guy , wife is in rehab for drugs and yup he's online, last one , as far as I know still married, still showing united front with wife , but online. (Tinder) That one I want to call out .. Small town so I know these guys . I swear I'm naive .. Is this really how people are now ? Ps not to mention the people I know who are having affairs , just not online.
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

nonesuch

« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:18 PM »
One of my Facebook friends is a man I had a terrible crush on in high school.

Ya know that song "I thank God for unanswered prayers"?

Once we became Facebook friends, is profile said. "It's complicated"

A couple weeks later he was "married."

A couple weeks after this it was "single"

Soon it was "In a relationship" along with lovey-dovey posts to the new girl.You know, "I'm in love with the most wonderful girl.  ...I love you Shmoopie" etc.   I thought, "Dude, stop!  You're still married to someone,  Just. Shut. Up."

Mrskro

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2016, 08:12:27 AM »
First email from this guy....

"I know a lot of guys on here probably message you to try to get in your pants, I want to tell you that I'm not going to try to do that. I want to get you out of those pants ;)"

Uh what the hell? 

nonesuch

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2016, 08:07:01 AM »
I got a generic introductory email in response to a Craig's List ad.

The  responder had sent the same note to three other recipients, and had forgotten to use the BCC option, so I saw their addresses.

The guys at work wanted to fix me up with someone they knew. Same trade as I'm in, he's personable, reliable, a widower...

Then the fellow suddenly up and marries a man. 

tybec

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2016, 08:37:10 AM »
You would think my stubborn head would learn to stop saying NEVER.  I am on line, just 2 weeks.  My widowed brother waited his obligatory yr. to get on line/date, and he has met a lovely lady, so far.  He is 16 yrs. older than me, no kids, and only married once at age 50 to have his bride succumb to cancer 10 yrs. in.  But I decided if my crazy brother could, I could.  I appreciate all the comments here.  I have two single friends giving me guidance, safety issues, etc.

Never say never... ;)

Captains wife

« Reply #224 on: February 29, 2016, 06:52:11 AM »
Ok - on a whim and out of restlessness I resigned up to Match.com over the weekend just to dip my toes in the water after a bad break up a month ago. Although I have had a lot of obligatory "hi" or double "hi" emails, I observed something new- some men now have these long, canned reach out emails so it looks as though they are sending you a thoughtful personalized email but it's really a copy and paste (generic sentences describing your profile plus tidbits about their life and interests). I just got one very corny one and wish I could figure out how to copy and paste it here from the site via my iPad.