Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161083 times)

SunshineFL

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #225 on: February 29, 2016, 08:27:35 PM »
CW...I've seen those copy and paste, pseudo personalized ones, too.
A few times, the same men sent me the same intro note as they had the last time I was on the site.
Have you figured out how to share it from your email to here? Could use a chuckle.
I hope this foray goes well and you meet someone you want to enjoy time with.

And typec, it has been a little while since you posted that nice reminder to never say never. What is your update? Make any interesting connections you are enjoying exploring?

Momtojandj, mrkskro, Sphoc, robftc, anyone else I can't see on my little screen here....meeting new potentials?

This thread needed a bump ...I'm ever hopeful for us all.  ;)

Looking forward to the updates.
Chat soon.

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2016, 05:00:05 AM »
Sunshinefl..... I just went back to try plenty of fish . I tried tinder .. Which was married guy after the next , or old profiles not to hopeful with online . However keep saying , it only takes one . And I'm hopeful for us all too !!!!!
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

TalksToAngels

« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2016, 06:14:07 AM »
I'm still trying to get over the confusion I caused myself of particularly pof,
met 100% users and losers. Needed a counsellor to get me over the types of people I loathed.
Trying to seperate myself from a latest "friend" I've been seeing. Had enough grief with that site it's done forever. Wishing others better results : )

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »
A few little tidbits from me...

So....My gift to myself last Monday was to hide all my online profiles...Best gift I have ever received!

Right before I hid my Tinder, I received a match, 19km away. When we started chatting, he told me he is was back in California, where he lives, after being in my city making a proposal to.....A pipeline company!!!! Forgot to add...He is also a widower!  Here we go again I thought, another scammer! The conversation was so boring though.....My scammer was too dull to keep my attention!!!

I tried to have a second date with someone. I liked him personally, we are both foodies and had a lot in common. I didn't really feel a huge attraction but I thought a second meeting would be nice, when he asked to meet me again. I gave him some dates to choose from and he left me to choose. The day before, he cancelled because he was too busy due to work.  He then asked again, a week later. I was busy in the evenings during his free time, explained all my reasons, but offered a lunch on Friday (was tomorrow) which he was free for. I told him I would need to book off work, but I would be ok with that. Response I received was "Ok, maybe tomorrow If I am not too tired. I will know in the morning." I replied I would not book off work then, until I heard from him. I did later get a work call, and let him know I was no longer free. I have not heard back. Crickets! Really? So, I should have booked off work, not get paid, in the hopes that he might not be tired, and we could maybe have lunch? Not happening!

I really would not believe this stuff...except that it actually is happening to me!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:12:30 PM by momtokam »

TalksToAngels

« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2016, 06:28:25 PM »
I would get better results throwing a bottle in the ocean. Seriously met every deranged person there was on pof.
I punched in Google pof sucks and found I was not alone.

Max2507

« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
No loss Momtokam, if he is potentially too tired for lunch he will be too tired for anything and everything else.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
No loss Momtokam, if he is potentially too tired for lunch he will be too tired for anything and everything else.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2016, 07:19:54 PM »
I would get better results throwing a bottle in the ocean. Seriously met every deranged person there was on pof.
I punched in Google pof sucks and found I was not alone.

What is funny is my one and only post wid relationship was from POF, met about 2+ years ago. That site was about the same level as the others in my area. This time, quality went way down!  I got off there in a big hurry!

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2016, 08:17:33 PM »
What I don't get , is all the people that do find someone online.. What I find is married, guys message than stop, message and never ask out,  it really does hurt my self esteem .. I go off them, but then go back because I'm not meeting people in real life . Ugh ..
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

SunshineFL

« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2016, 09:05:58 PM »

So true.
I concur. ;)

SunshineFL

« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2016, 09:16:30 PM »
What I don't get , is all the people that do find someone online.. What I find is married, guys message than stop, message and never ask out,  it really does hurt my self esteem .. I go off them, but then go back because I'm not meeting people in real life . Ugh ..

(((Hugs momtojandj))))) ... I hear you.
Echoing your "ugh."
I've experienced those situations, as well.

But it hurts when I read that the horrible cycle of bad online experiences has started to hurt your self esteem, though, as you phrased it.

I don't have answers specifically because we are all so different, but knowing you aren't alone on the journey and have others to help remind you of your goodness as you find your way...I hope that helps. A step further... Feel free to PM me any time if you want to chat. I'd welcome that sharing and time with a new friend.
Chat soon.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2016, 09:45:28 PM »
Quote from: Momtojandj link=topic=1090.msg25585#msg25585 date=t debt
What I don't get , is all the people that do find someone online.. What I find  married, guys message than stop, message and never ask out,  it really does hurt my self esteem .. I go off them, but then go back because I'm not meeting people in real life . Ugh ..

Momtojandj please don't let this get under your skin. It's definitely not you. Yes, online works for some, but not for others. Some find it quickly,  some it takes longer. I  have had the same experiences as you. I think it's the same for most. The problem is, that the good ones, like us, are out there, but in much fewer numbers than all the creeps. I am sure your standards are high, like mine, and it will take longer to sift through all the losers to find our gem. Maybe on line, maybe some other way.

Please remember to not see it as a reflection of you in any way. 😊

TalksToAngels

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »
Right now I don't think or believe someone dating multiple people or just wanting to chat endlessly would be for me, especially in my age range. These people act and carry on like teenagers on a field trip. I think someone would now have to find me at the park while dog walking. The people on the dating sites view it as well ill see what's out there, and if I meet someone better, well it's ok to break people's hearts anyway, it seems that's what it's all about. I almost feel it's a virtual "the bachelor". I can date 10 people, and if it's not ok, there's plenty of other options. Broken hearts are all around, who cares if i break another ?
And if I get mine broken I can just go back to an ex, or two.
That's the new dating game.
I think I should just be happy, living alone, and being me.

MrsDan

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2016, 01:23:36 PM »

I met my boyfriend on OKCupid. At one point he said we could do a commercial for them. But he also found it jading I think. A lot depends on the region; where one site is great in one area, it might have nothing to offer in another part of the country. Which is a shame because there is a range in quality of the sites themselves. I joined Match a couple of times, but I found it completely useless. Way too general. I found OKCupid much more user friendly, but if no one promising is on there in your area you're kind of out of luck. I know I got really lucky. I wasn't even on it that long and I was already getting jaded. My approach was to message for a while before meeting. All my offline experiences except for one (a phone call with the guy with the dead bird who asked how many times I masturbated, see above) didn't end up being creepers. They were pretty nice guys that I just didn't have a connection with and/or attraction to. I did meet one guy after not messaging all that much, because some people here and a friend of mine prefer that approach so I thought I'd give it a try. He was nice enough, but just not the right guy. And that approach wasn't for me. It seems like I've read tons of posts saying there are nothing but creepers and scammers online. I get it, I do, and I got plenty of gross messages. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt my feelings a little bit. I mean, I was on there. My boyfriend was on there. A very good friend is on there. My coworker met her boyfriend on there. Besides, for some the other options are limited. I work in a female dominated profession, and the few guys I was interested in were unavailable. I don't go to bars, and I have no friends here. I'm too busy for hobbies.
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.

TalksToAngels

« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »
Edited
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:01:44 AM by TalksToAngels »