Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161328 times)

Joey

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #270 on: March 14, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »
Sometimes its hard to know when a scammer is circling....claims to be a widower

Widower.... just curious why that claim would be made... Is this actually a coveted thing in online-dating circles?
"The winds of change may blow around you, but that will always be so
When love is pain it can devour you, you are never alone"
In The Light
Led Zeppelin

Captains wife

« Reply #271 on: March 14, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »
I have had this issue before - but I saw through it, easily. The guy was a clear scammer in my case. Certain scammers online dating have adopted the widower status to play the sympathy card. Its really sick.....But unfortunately there are also a lot of widows/widowers online : ( I try and give people the benefit of the doubt but I have seen it happen and its scary that people do this so I am ultra cautious.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2016, 02:06:39 PM »
CW, So sorry you are dealing with this too. I really thought it was me, giving off some weird vibe to scammers to come find me.

I've hid my profiles for now.  I was really disappointed.

I give all the nice guys the benefit of the doubt, but I have been wrong every time this round!

Sending commiserating hugs to you.😊

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »
Sometimes its hard to know when a scammer is circling....claims to be a widower

Widower.... just curious why that claim would be made... Is this actually a coveted thing in online-dating circles?

Yes, widower, new in town/area, charming.....
Most of mine have been some kind of engineer or gold merchant!

It's the sympathy play for sure...so sad because it makes the real widowers who are engineers suspicious!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:18:07 PM by momtokam »

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
I'm an engineer, but I don't lay pipe! :-)

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

Missmybecky

« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »
I am an Engineer and I design pipelines, what's the big deal?

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2016, 10:52:26 PM »
Rob and MMB you are too funny!!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Captains wife

« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2016, 08:24:29 AM »
I hate the ghosting that goes on, on dating sites. Some guy contacted me last week (cute, professional), we emailed back and forth a few times and he seemed very eager to meet up for drinks. We were supposed to meet tonight so I emailed him yesterday to check in and sort out plans....I could tell he read my email but no response (so rude!!) .....Since I had to change my train schedule, sort out babysitting to plan this date I was pretty annoyed. So I blocked him and planned a new date with a new man. NEXT !

Captains wife

« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2016, 08:27:12 AM »
One of the more odd but funny emails I received last night - "Your profile left me speechless. Maybe that's more appropriately termed mind-numb-cant think of- anything-clever-to-say. This might take some time for me to write something (ignoring the fact I just wrote this...)"

Thought I could make a few people smile today...Ill keep 'em coming.

Forgottenwife

« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
I always found the most confusing messages were the unsolicited penis pics... Does that ever work?! I became expert at knowing the block feature on the sites I was on.

And then I weeded through all the men and found a keeper. It was entertaining and funny and sometimes sad and lonely.

Portside

« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:55 PM »
I always found the most confusing messages were the unsolicited penis pics... Does that ever work?!

In a word, "Yes". That's why they do it. It's purely a numbers game. If the guy sends out 100 p pics and he gets 2 interested replies, he considers it a win. (Actually two wins) Believe me, there is always that percentage of any population that will respond to outrageous behavior.

The reverse happens too - morally broken women send unsolicited mommy part pictures to their targets. Many times, it gets a rise out them. Ummm. . . . . well, you know what I mean.  :-[

Mike
The war is over for me now. But those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

MrsDan

« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2016, 09:36:50 PM »
I always found the most confusing messages were the unsolicited penis pics... Does that ever work?!

In a word, "Yes". That's why they do it. It's purely a numbers game. If the guy sends out 100 p pics and he gets 2 interested replies, he considers it a win. (Actually two wins) Believe me, there is always that percentage of any population that will respond to outrageous behavior.

The reverse happens too - morally broken women send unsolicited mommy part pictures to their targets. Many times, it gets a rise out them. Ummm. . . . . well, you know what I mean.  :-[

Mike

I disagree. My sense is it's more of a kind of virtual assault; guys enjoy making women really uncomfortable with their junk.
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2016, 07:13:57 AM »

I disagree. My sense is it's more of a kind of virtual assault; guys enjoy making women really uncomfortable with their junk.

Not this guy!  I always enjoyed making one woman feel really "comfortable" with my junk.  Though it's been so long I don't know about that capability any longer.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »
I'm an engineer, but I don't lay pipe! :-)

Take care,
Rob T

Darn! You don't?

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »
I am an Engineer and I design pipelines, what's the big deal?

And if you messaged me on a dating site I would be suspicious now.
Why the scammers have chosen this MO, I have no idea!

No word of a lie, I've had at least 5 scammers like this!  😨
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:50:35 AM by momtokam »