Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161410 times)

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
Soooo, I thought maybe the 1st day of spring held a little promise, so I unhid my profiles....

Him...
My name is XXX and I am a 53 years old straight male. 5'10" tall 170 lbs Short grey hair and brown eyes.
I too am looking for a woman who may not like but understands my crazy work hours and wants one person to spend time together and have a special friendship. I have great endurance and I love to lick xxxx for hours

Me....
So tell me XXX, does this approach of an opening message actually work for you?
I seriously must be doing something totally wrong on here then.

Him ...
no wasn't thinking sorry

Hey, at least I received an apology....That is a first!

Oh....the men going poof...they don't seem to be slowing down at all.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2016, 05:44:16 PM »
Everyone should hide their match.com account if they are not looking.  If you don't, your image will be used to try to interest others and will sometimes generate fake views even if you stop logging in.

I think I am hiding my account tomorrow.  The five-date widda I took on a picnic a couple of weeks ago seems to have gone poof - I'd asked her to breakfast on her day off tomorrow, but it's been enough days since I heard back that I don't expect to do so.  I hadn't thought she was a poofer, but you never know.  If I try to Get A Life(TM) in April and actually try to get some PICTURES OF MYSELF WITH OTHER PEOPLE, maybe I will come across better.

Take care,
Rob T

Yes, always hide your profile. If yoy won't be back for a while, delete the pictures as well, just in case. You never know what can be done with them if they still exist on there.
I'm sorry about 5 date widda. I know you were hopeful.

SimiRed

• Widowed 9-19-09 Joined YWBB 10-2009
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2016, 06:09:13 PM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:21:47 PM by SimiRed »
~Tracey~
My wonderful husband Rick of 19 years, 12/11/67 - 9/20/09 Neuroendocrine cancer.
I still miss you everyday, I go forward, but my mind stands still.

Forgottenwife

« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »
I too am looking for a woman who may not like but understands my crazy work hours and wants one person to spend time together and have a special friendship. I have great endurance and I love to lick xxxx for hours

I can't even... what?  :-[

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2016, 08:29:38 PM »
The five-date widda I took on a picnic a couple of weeks ago seems to have gone poof - I'd asked her to breakfast on her day off tomorrow, but it's been enough days since I heard back that I don't expect to do so. 

Well, awhile after I wrote this, I heard from her.  It looks like she might have flat-out missed my invitation, haven't actually talked so it's unclear.  We're set for a walk Thursday.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

TalksToAngels

« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2016, 08:09:20 AM »
 ::)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:16:16 AM by TalksToAngels »

MIK3

« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2016, 11:40:58 PM »
I had an interesting encounter. Normally I ignore the simple "Hi" or "Hey there!" intros, but I responded to one who listed 'widowed' as her marital status. I offered my condolences and asked "how long has it been?".  She responded that she didn't know what I meant and she'd forgotten what she'd written in her profile. Later, she explained that she was really divorced and that she was trying an experiment to see if 'widowed' would get her more hits on her profile.  She said, though, that she knows what it feels like to be widowed.  I told her that her experiment makes it clear that she doesn't.
It's life's illusions I recall

Mrskro

« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2016, 07:00:31 AM »
MIK3 ..... Nope just Nope

That one might take the prize as all time worst.  :( :o

TalksToAngels

« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »
Yes a low way to attract another : (
Poo poo award

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2016, 03:54:02 PM »
Might as well start the relationship honestly, with a lie, right? :-)

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2016, 06:06:11 PM »
Bottom of the barrel if you ask me.  Nope, you're outa here real fast!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2016, 06:33:13 PM »
Geez! What a real prize she is! 😨

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2016, 05:39:26 AM »
Met a guy a few days ago on match, talked on phone, texted. Had drinks wens night. Cute, nice time . Texts when I left , sounds promising . Text yesterday good morning etc. all good. Last night .. The odd questions started .. The best was am I the agreesor in bed... Didn't respond, he txt sorry about question. So I said I have no issue talking about sex, but I just met you .l. With that I get sorry won't happen again , and I'm tired going to bed night . ... Well alrighty then . Would be shocked if hear from him again . Next ....
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

Captains wife

« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2016, 07:33:16 AM »
Momtojandj....agreed, that guy was being really inappropriate and that's a red flag to me. An ex of mine made some lewd comments early on and since he apologized I just left it. But it was a precursor to the kind of guy he really was- i.e. Not a good guy. The sexual upfront questions when you meet is NOT sexy and guys should have figured that out lol. On my end, had a fabulous match date 2 weeks ago- cute, we had tons in common, lots of chemistry. He texted he really wanted to see me again and we set another date for last night - we texted a bit in the interim. About a week ago, I responded to his text with a question and he went silent on me....but since he is in my favorite contact list (he liked me) I could see he was constantly online. Then no follow up about our date. I just left it because I am not chasing anyone. But the as yesterday passes I started to get really annoyed- I had put this night aside, booked my nanny to babysit and he couldn't even bother to cancel. So I sent him an email on match - firm but fair- that I'm fine if potential dates cancel, move on etc as that is the nature of online dating but it's incredibly rude to ignore a text and then not even let me know the date is cancelled and ghost on me. His profile said he was a gentleman - I pointed out he was NO gentleman. Surprisingly I received a nice apology - and he admitted he was in the wrong. He claimed there was some person stuff going on with his family and he was only now getting his head on straight. Honestly I'm not even sure he was telling the truth but nice to get an apology as he could have bloody well just sent a quick cancellation text. Next!

Captains wife

« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2016, 07:40:44 AM »
Spoke to a guy on the phone 2 days ago as I call screen everyone now as my time is precious....he claimed he was a really positive person, great dad and liked the positivity on my profile. Then we are talking and he just keeps complaining, about match.com, life etc Then I asked him about his daughter and whether she was an only child and he lets a big hmpf and says oh god one child is ENOUGH! Not cool to say that to someone with kids- and his negativity was brutal. No wonder he was looking for someone positive. Next!