Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161650 times)

Virgo

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #360 on: April 04, 2016, 11:24:30 AM »
Just when I thought I might take a break from dating  ... I have a date Friday.   :)  Not an online match. I'm looking forward to it.  We've been messaging off and on for a long time!

Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #361 on: April 04, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Just make sure he's wearing a raincoat if you two decide to share one of those hugs that have been mentioned on another thread!

Virgo

« Reply #362 on: April 04, 2016, 01:49:18 PM »
Just make sure he's wearing a raincoat if you two decide to share one of those hugs that have been mentioned on another thread!

My plan is to keep my pants on.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Captains wife

« Reply #363 on: April 04, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »
I'm getting very tired of picking a place to meet my dates. Don't men plan locations for dates anymore??

Mrskro

« Reply #364 on: April 04, 2016, 04:31:14 PM »
haha Captains Wife....I'm not sure that counts as a legitimate dating vent when the rest of us can't get any.......

But seriously that would drive me crazy

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #365 on: April 05, 2016, 06:23:38 AM »
I'm getting very tired of picking a place to meet my dates. Don't men plan locations for dates anymore??

What the heck??? That's pretty lame on their part.  Not that I get many opportunities, but when considering asking a lady out I pay attention to what has been said during the communication phase-especially online-and pick someplace to meet that's in keeping with her interest.  Does she like to read?  A book store with a coffee nook.  Like to hike?  We have several parks in my areas with easy trails.  Farmer's Markets?  I'll show up with her favorite coffee (I've asked first) and we browse the stalls.  What's so tough about that fellas?

I've been chatting with two ladies online that seem like good prospects, and I'm trying to arrange dates this weekend.  Oddly, one is 11 years younger than me and the other 11 older.  They live in the same part of town.  Now that I think about it, they kinda look alike....did I just get in on a mother/daughter deal?

Portside

« Reply #366 on: April 05, 2016, 08:38:29 AM »
Now that I think about it, they kinda look alike....did I just get in on a mother/daughter deal?

You say that like it's a bad thing.  ;)
The war is over for me now. But those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #367 on: April 05, 2016, 08:55:09 AM »
No, not at all Portside.  But should we click and decide to be polygamists, I just don't know that I want to be in a position to bring prune juice and pureed supper to the one, and maternity clothes, folic acid and prenatal
vitamins to the other.  I dunno.  Seems like it could be fun at first, but I'm thinking on down the road it might get weird.

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #368 on: April 05, 2016, 10:35:41 AM »
Okay-it just got weird.  The mom half of the equation just told me she's been married 32 years.  Mom and daughter tag team?  Still weird for me, but I'm open minded  ;).  Dad in the pic?  Nope-I'm not one to swing that way, thank you.  If this keeps up, they'll wanna get Aunt Bertha and Uncle Frank involved in this mess.

One good, sane, has-her-crap-sorta-together, attractive and affectionate, emotionally available woman.  Seems like a short list.  I'm discovering it's a tough thing to find.

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #369 on: April 06, 2016, 07:13:32 AM »
And we may have a clear front runner.  10 years younger than me, really cute, and tells me she has a "condition" with her lady bits (nothing catching) that requires therapy help from a partner. would I be willing to help her?  8) :-[ :-\

Captains wife

« Reply #370 on: April 06, 2016, 07:52:05 AM »
Ok - now that's odd. There is some odd things going out there in the dating world. I was texting with a guy I met on Match for a bit, we hadn't even talked on the phone and he was signing his texts "XOXO".

Um - not cool for me and too personal too early. NEXT !

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #371 on: April 06, 2016, 08:28:03 AM »
Uh-yeah.  I will admit to a flagrant mistake very early out.  In desperation and loneliness, I logged on to a site.  I didn't throw out any invites, messages or anything.  Long distance lady hits me up, we start flirting, I get sucked in.  We wind up on the phone every night for hours the next couple weeks, and agree to drive and meet up on the weekend.  I didn't care a wit about anything else to do with her, she was into me and I had a date.  We took off like teenagers, got caught up-all because of messaging and phone calls.  Then reality set in and we both moved on.  Lesson learned.

Now I know exactly where the brake pedal is and apply it judiciously.  And there are never any xoxo's in any correspondence.  I'm no longer one for premarital typing short hand  ;)

Captains wife

« Reply #372 on: April 06, 2016, 10:01:22 AM »
I might be getting stalked by an online guy - he seems relentless and thinks on paper we are a great match. He copied and pasted my list from my profile (of things I thought men might like to know about me) and responded to each one individually.... I think he looks too good looking for me....I never trust "those" guys....

Tweety76

« Reply #373 on: April 06, 2016, 10:11:00 AM »
Now why is it, that when you turn someone down, they have to sucker punch you with inventive insults? Like, wow, thanks...

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #374 on: April 06, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »
Now why is it, that when you turn someone down, they have to sucker punch you with inventive insults? Like, wow, thanks...

Thin skinned, insecure jerks that shouldn't be online if they can't take simple, non-personal rejection.  I don't understand these guys that try and convince you and wear you down until you say yes.  I don't want to be with anyone I have to work hard to convince-too much of a chance of heartbreak that way.

These guys need to grow into full grown men and realize she either feels a spark, or she doesn't.  His self worth shouldn't be shattered if a gal doesn't click a thumbs up.  Move on, dude-stop being a pathetic douchebag full of desperation.