Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 146130 times)

Captains wife

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2016, 12:50:39 PM »
Now why is it, that when you turn someone down, they have to sucker punch you with inventive insults? Like, wow, thanks...

That's brutal. At least you are being honest and not ghosting on them. After a phone conversation with a guy recently, I could tell we had nothing in common so when he asked me out via text as follow up I wrote him a very polite email that I thought we weren't a good match for a few reasons but I enjoyed talking to him plus he had very handsome pics online. He wrote back that he really appreciated the response and it was classy and kind of me to respond and explain why. Now there's a gentleman....

Tweety - its not you, its them....Good for you for being honest.

TalksToAngels

« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »
All sounds like wonderfully good times
: /

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2016, 02:55:28 PM »
And it's way more expensive than a bottle of hand lotion too.  I'll tell ya that!

TalksToAngels

« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2016, 04:12:59 PM »
TTS if you are new to all this be prepared for a roller coaster ride and don't take it too seriously.

TormentedTwoStep

« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2016, 04:47:34 PM »
Thanks very much for the advice, TTA.  I'm not exactly new at this, but I'm not an old pro either.  But I have already encountered some unsettling weirdness.  Like the pre-op tranny with heavy stubble that hit me up-no joke. Sorry, dude. I don't date anyone that's packin' wangage. Past, present, or future!

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »
I think I'm done with the on line crazies again.

Finally chatted with someone that seemed real, not a widower engineer new to town! Conversation and banter was great over a couple days. When I suggested adding voices to our words and talking on the phone, he deletes his profile.

Another multiple cut and paste master would not let up and finally asked if I was shy. I replied no but I am not interested in multiple copy and paste messages. He replied that it worked and he finally got my attention. I reply yup he did but I still wasn't interested. Then he started calling me difficult and said I didn't know how to laugh. Well bud, you have no clue about me or how much I actually laugh! Block!

Another widower wanted to email off site after message one. I replied that I would love to email,  after a couple messages on site to get to know more about him. Poof!

Serioisly, it's just so frustrating.

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2016, 07:53:46 PM »
Online now talking to mr negativity .. Trying to get him to say one positive thing.. So far I'm failing. I'm bored , telling him he's not for me soon .. 😂😂
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

SunshineFL

« Reply #382 on: April 07, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »
Hi, friends.

You know I shut down my online profiles months ago, but I've been here now and again reading and feeling for all the struggles, vents and frustrations so many are experiencing. I don't understand it, but believe me, been there, I get it, ugh. (Take my word, the light is brighter and the day is clearer without the "crazy" online stuff running in the background.) :)

While I don't have a vent or laugh to contribute this morning, I thought I would share a link to a new dating site I learned of recently. I haven't made a profile on this site, so I can't attest to how it works, the people there, etc, but I have been enjoying a lot of really good articles, from a mindful human perspective, about being single, online dating, relationships, knowing and healing yourself, and a broad range of on point topics. Something for everyone, and even if you don't agree with all that the writers' offer, certainly good points for thought, dialogue and conversation:

http://www.meetmindful.com/category/dating-single/

If you do make a profile and engage with others there, I'd love to hear your thoughts. When I get my dating mojo back and reinforce my protective armor, it was one site I thought I would venture to try, rather than jump back in the fray of the big sites like match, okc, pof, etc.

I also finished a book recently that I thought I'd mention as well (since we are the bunch looking to date, meet new good people, and hopefully find a special love connection at this unique stage in our lives).  It is called:  "In the Meantime" by Iyanla Vanzant. It is an older volume, published in 1998, so maybe check for a used copy or at your local library.  Whether you like her today or not, I liked her reflection of using this moment, the "in the meantime" between important relationships, as the perfect time to metaphorically clean house, to look at old patterns, heal and grow ourselves in important ways. What do we do in the meantime ... ready ourselves, be the best versions of ourselves to enter that next love relationship.  She uses a lot of examples of different couples to illustrate each level, so there is something for everyone to maybe see a bit of ourselves in each of them.  I'm sure there are a ton of other books like it, but something to learn from many sources.  Just like with each online interaction, with each text, phone call, coffee date or five dates in ...we learn something more about ourselves, peel away another layer of learning and healing, and understand better what works for us and what doesn't from a heart place of truth and honesty.

Wishing us all goodness and kindness today.
Chat soon, SunshineFL

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:37:32 AM by SunshineFL »

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #383 on: April 07, 2016, 01:13:24 PM »
Hey SunshineFl,

Thanks for mentioning your impressions of meetmindful.com - I have been reading stuff from them for awhile as well, and some of the articles are good.  I have a limited profile there, and haven't paid them money; for me, the population density means there just are not a lot of people nearby on the site.  But it could be good for people nearer to or in cities.  Worth checking out, especially if you like yoga :-)

I hope you're well, it's good to hear from you!

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #384 on: April 07, 2016, 05:25:34 PM »
Thanks SunshineFL.  There are some very good articles there.

TalksToAngels

« Reply #385 on: April 07, 2016, 07:00:17 PM »
I think many of the vents are things that many of us have experienced.
The most aggravating to me seems to be you anticipate a nice meeting sit down whether dinner or coffee or drink whatever and within minutes start hearing about bad date and ex stories. This is was always the precursor for me, that the person was not near ready to meet or date. I think part of the problem is too many people on the sites are just wanting to meet too many people, with unrealistic expectations.
Thanks for the article SF I've previously seen these, wish there was a "dating after wid handbook".
That was realistic and informative. Unfortunately all the ones I've read seem way outdated.

SunshineFL

« Reply #386 on: April 07, 2016, 09:20:42 PM »
Thanks, Rob... nice to be heard from.  8)
Thanks for the insights into meetmindful. I was thinking the same thing about big city and more opportune demographics; true for a lot of the sites, I think (but also wondered if, perhaps, there might be less rude/crude behavior and less disappearing without a word?). How is your yoga practice going? There is a little chuckle somewhere in there about being "flexible" but I'll leave it on the table.  ;)

Momtokam, glad you are enjoying some of the articles, too.

TTA, I hear you. In fact, one of the articles that caught my attention on that site was entitled something like what are the two topics that you never talk about on a first date ... Reading the article revealed the answer to be: your past and your future. Staying focused on a getting to know who the person is that you are meeting today, their likes, interests, hobbies, etc. I've been on those meets also where the discussion went right to their past and I felt like I was their therapist. I should have learned to have a bill for therapy services ready at the end of the hour.  ;) lol

Be well, friends.
Chat soon.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:24:13 AM by SunshineFL »

Needytoo

« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »
Love the articles SunshineFL. 

I think I have a date Saturday.  Have no clue what we are doing but I think we are going out for supper.   Trying to keep myself calm. 

Mrskro

« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »
I just don't get it.   If you don't want to actual start a conversation why message someone.  Is it just me? 

him - hi  (I shouldn't have responded)
Me - hello, how are you today?
Him - ok, nice profile
me - thanks  (his says absolutely nothing about him)
him - yw
and then nothing.

Why bother???

2ManyQuestions

« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2016, 05:10:14 PM »
Mrskro - Sorry but that is 2 funny....