Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 144429 times)

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #420 on: April 15, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »
Alright all you online daters.   I have a question....I'm sure you've all been asked this before so here goes....
How do you answer "what are you looking for?"

Somebody sane that I like enough to let myself fall in love with?

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

kjs1989

« Reply #421 on: April 15, 2016, 09:15:42 AM »
Rob,

There must be lots of nutso women out there, too. I know NG talks about all the unstable women he encountered in the six years of dating after his divorce. Just as many flaky women as guys I guess. Such a drag.

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2016, 11:03:34 AM »
I have only met a few that were certifiable :-)  I've actually been pretty impressed by the women I have met, just not always their taste in men!

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

Captains wife

« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2016, 12:14:44 PM »
I hear you Rob - it's the match part that's the hardest. I love when dates show up early - my date did last night and ordered me a glass of white wine. Was a nice recovery from awful widower date.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »
Thanks - I don't mind flirting, kissing early on but this guys actions were inappropriate I thought for a 3rd date. And it's too bad because the date went very well up to that point and then ended on a completely awkward note when it became clear I wasn't playing his games. Sigh- can't we ladies have a romance period for a while instead of instantly jumping into bed?
[/queote]

OK, I probably should stay away from this area as I'm still conflicted about dating- however, I'm feeling somebody needs to say this, so I'll do it, as I'm under the influence of pop music via teenagers.    ;D So, with thanks to Meghan Trainor and to paraphrase.... This guy needs to learn "....my name is NO, my sign is NO, my number is NO... You need to let it go!"

Full lyrics available on the internets!  ;D

"All my ladies, listen up
If that boy ain't giving up
Lick your lips and swing your hips
Girl all you gotta say is

My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go......"

😊

Captains wife

« Reply #425 on: April 20, 2016, 01:26:44 PM »
Some guys obviously don't know when the date didn't go well. The late, pot smelling real estate guy contacted me and asked me out for another drink as he thought we got along well and he "felt something" when he hugged me goodbye. Funny

On a more positive note, I am giving big bonus points to cute Turkish engineer who asked me out for date 2 and agreed to go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 with me (chick flick). And he took charge and booked everything in one of those theaters with big leather seats that serves dinner and drinks. He said "I deserved it"...so maybe there is hope yet.  Which is good as I was starting to think about giving up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:30:12 PM by Captains wife »

MrsDan

« Reply #426 on: April 20, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
Some guys obviously don't know when the date didn't go well. The late, pot smelling real estate guy contacted me and asked me out for another drink as he thought we got along well and he "felt something" when he hugged me goodbye. Funny

On a more positive note, I am giving big bonus points to cute Turkish engineer who asked me out for date 2 and agreed to go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 with me (chick flick). And he took charge and booked everything in one of those theaters with big leather seats that serves dinner and drinks. He said "I deserved it"...so maybe there is hope yet.  Which is good as I was starting to think about giving up.

CW, I was talking about this with my boyfriend. I was talking about a date where all we talked about was our kids. It was a nice enough conversation, but I didn't detect any spark. The guys asked me for a second date anyway. My boyfriend said, "Well, you're gorgeous, so any guy's gonna give it a shot." (Yes, he is very sweet).  It's possible he did realize it, but liked you and figured it was worth a try.
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.

tybec

« Reply #427 on: April 23, 2016, 07:18:59 AM »
No expert here by any means.  I chose a Christian site, as that was important to me that at least folks SAID they were.  They all were not, of course.  I decided to lay it out straight.  If they had no interest,so be it.  Like a resume, lasts about 30 seconds, right?  I said I had loved long and well and life changed on a dime.  I noted I KNEW what a long lasting marriage was, as I had it, and was ready to pursue life with another.  I figured all my insecurities could not be worse than for folks who never had a successful long term marriage. So far, I am now with my guy two months, and planning the summer activities. Long distance, but doable, and he is special.  Lightening striking twice, maybe?  Having fun regardless....

Oh, and my playbook of rules has been thrown out the window.  AS NG said, major paradigm shift made.  I have great friends backing me up on my decisions, and that helps.  What a world we are in!  Never thought of all this ever.  ;-)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:24:51 AM by tybec »

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »

Engineers are pretty cool! 😊

Just make sure he is not a pipeline engineer that will go back to Turkey, on a big business trip, and ask you to courier him a new cell phone because you are the only one who can help him after he "loses" it. 😂

Needytoo

« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »
Pipeline engineers too funny. 

The online dating thing was very quiet for me till this week and now I have three of them chatting with me.

First guy is 60 years old and has already asked me out for coffee and to give me a ride on his Harley. He is flirting big time. Hate to judge age but 11 years older than me might be a problem. 

Second guy is looks kinda like that smaller guy off myth busters and is just as funny.  He already gave me his cell number.

Third guy didn't send me much of a message just his cell number and wants to meet me for coffee. 

I am not a fan of this chatting thing especially when we know some of them go poof. I am assuming maybe these guys feel the same way. Any advice?  I would really like to meet a someone sane, maybe a pipeline engineer.  ;)

TalksToAngels

« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
 8)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:49:36 AM by TalksToAngels »

Missmybecky

« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2016, 11:29:18 AM »
I am a civil engineer and I do a lot of work on pipelines as I have said previously and this thread continues to crack me up!

Captains wife

« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »
Funny ! Ok - so great date with cute Turkish (electrical) engineer on Friday. This was only date 2 although we have been in touch for a few weeks. He sent me a very straight forward text the following day about me hopefully becoming his girlfriend very soon. VERY sweet but much too fast for me right now. Is it bad that I am currently enjoying multi-dating now ?? It just feels comfortable for me after all the BS I have been through - the various guys know I am multi dating and nothing really that physical has transpired yet. I have just met some decent men recently but they are SOOO different so I want to take some time and I'm actually starting to get more comfortable being on my own and my last (failed) relationship is getting further and further in the rear view mirror (yeah !!)

Mrskro

« Reply #433 on: April 26, 2016, 09:20:30 AM »
Captains wife....NO it isn't bad that you are enjoying it!  You've been honestly they all know so take your time.  Enjoy yourself IMO

Captains wife

« Reply #434 on: April 26, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »
I responded to one guy that although I appreciated his email, I am not interested in meeting up now as I have dating fatigue (which I do for some reason). I thought that might deter him - but NOPE...he still wanted to go out. Funny....