Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161481 times)

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #480 on: May 11, 2016, 02:33:45 PM »
Thank you captainswife, needed to read that . ❤️
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #481 on: May 11, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »
Thanks, TalksToAngels! That's what we need :)
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

TalksToAngels

« Reply #482 on: May 12, 2016, 03:12:33 AM »
Of course !

tybec

« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2016, 09:45:42 AM »
I admit I am an odd one.  I met my LH the summer going into HS, and never dated anyone but him, married until he died. 

Well, started this online thing in Feb. and NG has professed his love to me now.  He knows I had one partner, ever, finds that  unbelievable and attractive, and when he told me it was a big responsibility to take on, I got insecure (& maybe PO'd) and told him I was a "Grown Ass Woman" and independent, and I chose to be with him, no pressure to "take me on".  He then asked if it would be okay to take on this responsibility because he wanted to do so.  (swoon) He wanted to only be with me and my son, package deal.  I have only chatted with him from on line, met him, been with him, not others.  Can't predict the future, of course, but so far it is amazing.  So, keep on keeping on.  The on line thing can make life pretty exciting!

This from the woman who said she would likely choose to be alone.....Never say never.....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:47:39 AM by tybec »

Mrskro

« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »
Tybec.   That's awesome  Congrats!   

It's nice to hear the stories where it works out!

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2016, 10:14:55 AM »
Thanks, Tybec -- you give me hope :) I started talking with a guy online and things seemed to have been going well. Suddenly yesterday, conversation went a bit cold. Now I know I can tend toward the paranoid (maybe he's got lots of work, other things going on...), but I am quite sad about it. I had hoped that we would be a good connection and it seemed to have been going that way. I am not giving up but guess I better take a few more cold showers and chill out  ;D
Andree'

widowat33

« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2016, 02:11:15 PM »
So I met with the guy on Wednesday, up until that point we had been chatting online, texting and having 5 hour long phone conversations..lol.
Everything  went well. We had coffee, went for a walk. It was really nice, and he seemed interested. I did mention before I was looking for friends only..he has barely texted me since..just the odd one here and there. I'm not sure what that means?! I wish now we had never met, we were cool before,lol.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »
widowat33, I don't have online dating experience to back up what I am thinking so take it for what it is.  I don't think most men are on an online dating site looking for a "friend".  Maybe with potential dates you can just say that you are new to dating and not sure what you are looking for but would like to get to know them and see where it goes. You are under no obligation to be physical with any date but most people date to see if there is an emotional and physical connection.

Dipping your toes in is very scary but can also be fun!
You will forever be my always.

Portside

« Reply #488 on: May 13, 2016, 10:48:02 PM »

Everything  went well. We had coffee, went for a walk. It was really nice, and he seemed interested. I did mention before I was looking for friends only..he has barely texted me since..just the odd one here and there. I'm not sure what that means?!

I tend to agree with Trying that us guys are not normally looking for friends on a dating site. Not saying your date isn't just I've never known a guy to do that.

If he hasn't been in contact with you much since your date perhaps he has decided you really aren't his cup of tea. I know it's disappointing but that's what this 'getting to know you' period is all about.

Keep your chin up! There are lots of good guys out there.

Good luck - Mike
The war is over for me now. But those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

Needytoo

« Reply #489 on: May 18, 2016, 06:51:09 AM »
Thank nonesuch for your advise, I have to agree. 

Had a coffee date with the same guy and he was a no show.  He is apologized that he totally forgot.  Not sure if I totally believe it but giving him some slack.

Joined a group on facebook on women over 40 dating.  I have a problem with guys wanted to get together the same day and not giving me notice, then it looks like I am too busy and not approachable. Most of the people agree that you need some warning for a date and last second seems like a "booty call".  But there is this one person who thinks I am so horrible that I just don't drop everything when a man asks.  I am keeping myself calm with her.  Interesting experience, lots of different outlooks.

Now chatting with another guy and he seems human. Keeping my fingers crossed.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #490 on: May 18, 2016, 11:00:30 AM »
All the best, Needytoo!
Andree'

Mrskro

« Reply #491 on: May 18, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »
@ Needy

Now chatting with another guy and he seems human

This made me laugh,  I totally relate!

Good luck!

widowat33

« Reply #492 on: May 21, 2016, 10:34:52 AM »
I've been thinking about what I wrote and the replies. Of course they aren't going on a dating website to make friends..I'm not really sure what I was thinking,lol. We have been talking more lately, I think he wants more than I do. I think that's why it became awkward between us. I could never think of him as more than a friend, he just doesn't have the qualities I'm looking for, but he's still an awesome guy, just not for me!
I am meeting up with someone else tomorrow. We haven't established a friendship, just chatted a little..so maybe this time will be different? I'm going into this with more of an open mind this time.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #493 on: May 21, 2016, 10:55:42 AM »
Good for you, Widowat33; as an aside, I was widowed the first time at 30, the second at 47 ... I wish you all the best as we take this journey!
Andree'

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #494 on: May 21, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »
Of course they aren't going on a dating website to make friends..I'm not really sure what I was thinking,lol.

I'm not sure this is entirely true.  I've been spending a little time on dating sites myself, more or less trying to figure out where I am in terms of readiness for a new relationship.  I have had a few conversations with nice men and I have met one in particular who lives fairly locally, and we have both realized that maybe the best thing right now is to have a new friend.  We have talked fairly openly since we started corresponding and we just put it out there...no chemistry, but we care about each others well-being and we like spending some time together.  So we have a new friendship, and for both of us, that is a good thing.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness