Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 145628 times)

Needytoo

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »
I didn't ghost. Feel really bad for this guy he is very lonely but there is no way it is going to work he lives way too far.

Still getting messages from the other guy at least he hasn't ghosted, yet.  A got a two other messages from guys.  Weird how it comes in packs and then settles down. 

What is Tinder?  I think my kids are on that one.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »
Agreed, Needy -- it does seem to come in packs lol!
Tinder is a hook-up site, as I understand it. Swipe one way to indicate interest, swipe the other way for no interest. The messages my Facebook friend mentions are always from guys looking just for sex. I don't have it on my phone so I am not sure if it's more than that ...
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2016, 06:46:28 PM »
Arneal and needytoo,
  I have used tinder .. But I clearly say I'm looking to date. Believe it or not, I've had a few dates from there . I like it because it hooks up thru Facebook, it will tell you if you have friends in common. It's honestly no worse than the other free sites.
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

TofinoMan

« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2016, 10:20:51 PM »
So what is all this ghost talk?

I admit that I am not an internet guy....but my brain keeps seeing people in a white sheet at a Halloween party.

I might date again in 60 years....those old guys in the retirement home by then shouldn't need for me to be online since we are all locked in the same building.
I have a daughter named Boo, a dog called Stick, and a truck named Zane Grey. My neighbors think I am nuts when they hear me yell Boo and Stick get in Zane.
Best part is neighbors leave the crazy guy alone.....

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #619 on: July 20, 2016, 07:38:58 AM »
Tofinoman...

Funny ...

Ghosting is when you are talking to someone from online , and emails , calls or texts have gone back and forth . A lot of times a date has been set up, and poof they stop calling, texting, emailing .
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #620 on: July 20, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »
I have a friend who made me try Tinder. She has friends who are in relationships that met on that site. Bumble is similar but the woman has to initiate contact after a match.

No luck for me there. Had not met anyone in person fron there. They had either ghosted or were scammers.

So much fun new terminology for sure Tofinoman.
We almost need a new age dating dictionary.
I have actually Googled some terms that have not made sense to me. Urban dictionary has been a help at times. 😁 So many things have been messaged to me with sexual references and I've had no clue!

tybec

« Reply #621 on: July 22, 2016, 04:30:19 PM »
Random, I know, but with marrying the only guy I dated from HS, there are so many rules regarding dating.  NG told me when a woman wears her matching bra and underwear, she is open to sex on the date.   Who makes these rules? :o

Taurus

« Reply #622 on: July 23, 2016, 05:47:31 AM »
NG told me when a woman wears her matching bra and underwear, she is open to sex on the date....
Not a "rule" per se, more a logical conclusion: after all, why would a woman go to the trouble of wearing matching lingerie on a date if there was not some expectation of being seen and appreciated?

Bunny

• widowed 2012
« Reply #623 on: July 23, 2016, 08:15:33 AM »
The other day, my bf shared an Italian meme with me that basically said: if you seduce a woman into bed and then notice she is wearing matching underwear, it was not you doing the seducing.

While I don't own any matching sets of underwear, I do like to choose complimentary styles and colors every day- for myself. I think it makes a girl walk around a bit more confidently...
It is a fearful thing to love what Death can touch.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #624 on: July 23, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »
NG told me when a woman wears her matching bra and underwear, she is open to sex on the date....
Not a "rule" per se, more a logical conclusion: after all, why would a woman go to the trouble of wearing matching lingerie on a date if there was not some expectation of being seen and appreciated?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have every heard!

Wearing matching underthings does not mean they are expected to be seen or that someone is open to have sex.

It could just be about how it makes the person wearing them feel.  I had a Skype date with someone very far away from me not too long ago. I wore nice underthings. Was I expecting him to see them?  No! Was I expecting to have sex? No! It just made ME feel good knowing I was wearing them.

Goodness! There is so much wrong with those conclusions, I can't even begin to list the reasons here.

tybec

« Reply #625 on: July 23, 2016, 12:50:32 PM »
Oh, it is tongue in cheek.  So many things, memes, generalizations.  I didn't take it too seriously.  An observation, not criticism. I haven't been in the dating world for 32 years.  I like learning new things, al beit, not taking it as written in stone.   ;D

Portside

« Reply #626 on: July 23, 2016, 08:14:34 PM »
NG told me when a woman wears her matching bra and underwear, she is open to sex on the date.   

I'm sure glad many of the women I know were not sticklers for the 'rules'.

Goodness - what a load.

Mike
The war is over for me now. But those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

TofinoMan

« Reply #627 on: July 25, 2016, 12:35:03 AM »
I have some matching socks.....
I have a daughter named Boo, a dog called Stick, and a truck named Zane Grey. My neighbors think I am nuts when they hear me yell Boo and Stick get in Zane.

TofinoMan

« Reply #628 on: July 25, 2016, 12:37:49 AM »
Tofinoman...

Funny ...

Ghosting is when you are talking to someone from online , and emails , calls or texts have gone back and forth . A lot of times a date has been set up, and poof they stop calling, texting, emailing .

Thanks for the good explanation.
I'm sure no one wants a bf or gf that rude anyways so be thankful.

SemperFidelis

« Reply #629 on: July 25, 2016, 01:22:29 AM »
So I am on page 22 of this thread and am enjoying every post. Thank you to everyone who has contributed. I am going to prematurely contribute before I keep reading the thread to completion(will take a couple more days I reckon).

First let me say I am getting close to 30, and so grew up in the dawn of internet technology as a kid. And the experience was not good. I learned that a lot of men of all ages are looking for kids to have sex with and if not, to send pix of their twinkies to.  So I got jaded early on and learned how easily someone can manipulate others and conceal themselves.....period.. .but especially so online.

Enter age 27 and my husband(who I met playing chess at Starbucks) has just died. I looked around online early on; kind of like going to the circus.....just wanting to see what kind of clowns I would have to sort through and deal with eventually.

I corresponded briefly with one man, who was a REAL piece of work. First off, he lied about military service. He has NO military experience...but he claimed to have been in Afghanistan and in the marine corps....and to have been shot.....and he had a lot of bogus war stories. I kept asking questions and egging him on to see how far down the rabbit hole he would go.  His primary problem is: I WAS MARRIED TO A MOTHERFU*KING MARINE. *ahem*. So. It gets better/worse, depending how you look at it. I did a background check on this f*ck.  When he was 17 or 18, this maggot had an attempted murder charge. No joke.The loooooong string of other charges seem inconsequential compared to that. So anyway. Yes there are some real gems out there, even on match.

I met my ch2 on match....we are going on nine months together now. I will make a separate post on him later when I am not so sleepy.