Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 144669 times)

serpico

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #840 on: October 01, 2016, 01:14:56 PM »
I even trusted him  completely to try something new-to-me ... rode on the back of his Indian motorcycle at the beach at sunset!

Don't let him tell you that's a gearshift you're holding on to. It ain't.  :o
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:16:58 PM by serpico »
'I think I got some of your pickle'

SunshineFL

« Reply #841 on: October 01, 2016, 03:10:27 PM »
So funny @serpico!
Yes, don't even get me started on all the heightened and tuned-in senses during the motorcycle ride - arms around man, roaming hands, straddling the seat, breasts on back, nestled close together ... wait, that is another thread here!
Whoa....
...back to our regularly scheduled programming.... ;)

SunshineFL

« Reply #842 on: October 01, 2016, 03:13:11 PM »
Thanks kindly @arneal and @SemperFidelis.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #843 on: October 01, 2016, 03:14:35 PM »
Amen, Sunshine -- my NG has a Harley. We haven't gone riding yet as he's about to upgrade and wants to wait until he's got the bigger one.

Could also be another thread  :o :P
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #844 on: October 04, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »
Looks like my online is on pause . I need to go get new pictures done, I will attach my new look .. Went for a new look, dark hair . Ignore glasses , I don't wear them . However, could you imagine showing up with such a drastic look on a date lol
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #845 on: October 05, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »
Haven't been on line much these days but I still have a giggle for you all.

I had been chatting with someone in January and all seemed great until he went poof! He tried to start up again in March. I didn't give him the chance. He couldn't remember my name!   Then this exchange this week on the dating site....

Him -
I want you...
It's XXX... you still have my number?

Me-
Seriously XXX?
You had your chance and blew it!
You probably still can't remember my name!

Him-
really... I don't think we spoke...

Me-
If we didn't speak, how could I have your number?

Him-
ok...so text me then...really like you..

Where is the face palm emoji?

Here is my reply back....

I wish you could hear me laughing!
I have an awesome laugh.
Too bad you can't remember it and that you will never hear it again. 😁
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:48:03 PM by momtokam »

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #846 on: October 05, 2016, 05:02:39 PM »
There are days, momto, that it seems nearly impossible. We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried. Glad you can laugh about it!
Andree'

SunshineFL

« Reply #847 on: October 10, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »
Two different men who I interacted with ("met" seems weird because we actually never met in person, just online messages, texts and phone calls) from OKC this summer texted me on the same day this past week. I hadn't heard from either in several weeks if not months. They both live on the east coast of Florida, about 3.5 hours away from me. They both thought of me on the west coast of Florida as they were making their evacuation plans from Hurricane Matthew. They both used the phrase....I'm thinking of coming to the town where I know this beautiful, intelligent, mystery woman lives to escape the impending storm and would love to meet up with you.

I couldn't contain my laughter!
Apparently we have now established that it requires Category 4 hurricane force winds, life-threatening rains and imminent flooding to motivate some men to want to traverse the state to meet me in person!!!  ::)

You can't make this stuff up, my friends.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #848 on: October 10, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »
No way you could make it up ... plus, what's with the same lingo in both messages? Same person perhaps?
Andree'

SunshineFL

« Reply #849 on: October 10, 2016, 09:08:18 PM »
...not the same man, @arneal, not identical sentences. I was just being concise and combined the same sentiments they expressed for this post. Thx.  :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:44:46 PM by SunshineFL »

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #850 on: October 10, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »
Lol! Well, thank goodness! Online dating world is weird enough  :o :D
Andree'

Needytoo

« Reply #851 on: October 15, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »
Question for everyone, when do you give out your phone number? 

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #852 on: October 15, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »
Hi, Needy: I added a second phone number to my mobile. If you search your app store, you should find Sideline -- it's free and works like your regular number. There is a paid version but I don't use it that much. It allows you to make and receive calls and texts. I like it because I don't want someone I am unsure about to have my real # straight away. I used it as the contact number when I signed up on dating sites as well. In the case of NG, I gave it to him the first time we chatted online and used it for about a month of our initial contact. I then gave him my regular mobile #. Funny you asked this question because he happened to call me on the Sideline # yesterday as he still has it programmed in his phone :)
Andree'

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #853 on: October 15, 2016, 05:47:46 PM »
Needytoo, with online I usually offer my number just before first meeting in case someone is running late, and half the time she's offered her number by then as well.  Of course, in person, which is coming up more, I usually lead by asking for a number, and they don't really know a lot about me there.

Arneal, Sideline sounds cool, though my App store is catatonic right now.  Another option for those on match.com is their anonymous matchPhone feature, which appears useful.

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #854 on: October 16, 2016, 08:13:48 AM »
So, I pretty much have my profile hidden 90 percent of the time anymore . Tired of the games that go on ..  Anyway .. Happen to go on the other night and I received a message . So , off to check his profile and he smokes . I respond , nice to hear from you however I prefer to not date smokers , good luck . He responds , ok your so beautiful I will quit . I respond , hold on while I step out of the bull@@ you just left . He says , no really I will quit for you .
Same night , receive a message from a guy I already went out with over a year ago . He doesnt remember me, probably because on the date he stared at my boobs all night .
"To love another person is to see the face of God "