Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 160246 times)

Needytoo

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #855 on: October 16, 2016, 08:19:40 AM »
Yikes momtojandj.  I have been chatting with a few guys and now they want my cell number. I have given it out in the past but really having trust issues right now which I know isn't helping me get a date. Wish my brain would shut up.

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #856 on: October 16, 2016, 08:27:04 AM »
Needy,
I actually don't mind giving my number out . I find it weeds out people fast . Also once I have their number I can google and try to get some info. Usually not a lot since it's a cell , but I have gotten lucky on a few . Like the guy who said he was 50 and separated. When I put in his cell number in Google , it went to a resume which led to other things and he was 55 and married still. Hmmmm... Second thought, I get your trust issues .. Sorry ! If it doesn't feel right , don't exchange numbers .
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

Needytoo

« Reply #857 on: October 16, 2016, 01:55:34 PM »
I have given it out in the past and you are so right Momtojandj it does weed out those people that really not ready for a relationship.  I need to get over this darn trust issue and the only way if is I trust again. 

This guy that wants my phone number so far is someone I really want to get to know better, the problem is he lives 3 hours away.  Not sure how this is going to work out. 

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #858 on: October 16, 2016, 02:26:02 PM »
Momto ... I confess, I had to laugh about the no-remembering-because-of-boobs guy. It is a crazy thing, this world of dating. That's why a couple of dear friends and I call it 'junior high'. So silly.
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

klim

« Reply #859 on: October 16, 2016, 03:06:14 PM »
Had contact with a guy who on the surface looked reasonable......  Then he turned into mr spamalot.
Want to chatt????
15 minutes later
TOO busy???? it's okay you can just delete me

20 minutes later
You still online ..not to busy now???

10 minutes later
You're beautiful chatt??

next day starts all over
 why don't you chatt, you are beautiful .i just checked you're widow so sorry I hope I didn't offend. Want to chatt?? want to chatt. YOu can delete me ( then proceeds to tell me how to block him)
 in to the evening
Want to chatt??? now still too busy??
In a 24 hr period he contact me 15 times  I only responded to 2 of them. And yes I could have blocked him but I wasn't annoyed, just amused, trying to figure out his game.
And kinda imagining a feverish squirell type man in frenzied action over his keyboard.

nonesuch

« Reply #860 on: October 17, 2016, 05:10:37 AM »
Some of these posts have me literally laughing out loud.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #861 on: October 17, 2016, 06:52:52 PM »
Haven't been on line much these days but I still have a giggle for you all.

I had been chatting with someone in January and all seemed great until he went poof! He tried to start up again in March. I didn't give him the chance. He couldn't remember my name!   Then this exchange this week on the dating site....

Him -
I want you...
It's XXX... you still have my number?

Me-
Seriously XXX?
You had your chance and blew it!
You probably still can't remember my name!

Him-
really... I don't think we spoke...

Me-
If we didn't speak, how could I have your number?

Him-
ok...so text me then...really like you..

Where is the face palm emoji?

Here is my reply back....

I wish you could hear me laughing!
I have an awesome laugh.
Too bad you can't remember it and that you will never hear it again. 😁

Soooo....he didn't give up! 😁

Him-
you lost my number...I want to hear you laugh

Me-
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Him-
lol...so text me...I signing off...

Him-
wow...still waiting...lol

Me-
Really?
Hmm....

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #862 on: October 17, 2016, 07:41:12 PM »
Boy, changed one word in my profile and activity goes crazy. ...

More giggles.....

Him-
Hi. Yes. You. Have hot. Legs. I like. All. Of. You. Xxxx.
Today - 8:02pm

Him-
What's. Your. Name.
Today - 8:07pm

Him-
Why. Are. Not. Talking. To. Me
Today - 8:10pm

Him-
Ask. Me. Aim. Very. Nice. Guy. Italian
Today - 8:18pm

Me-
I. Can. Read. Whole. Sentences. Too.
Today - 8:29pm

Him-
Ok. Good. Let's. Meet. For. Coffey. Say. Yes.
Today - 8:32pm

Edited to add that after a few messages, where he continued his "full stop" approach, and looking at my profile 30 times,  and still asking questions that are spelled out in my profile....He asks what kind of men I date. I asked what do you mean? He said White. Men. Or. Black. Men.

I replied....

I. Found. Your. Last. Question. Offensive.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:44:39 PM by momtokam »

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #863 on: October 17, 2016, 08:49:26 PM »
Needy,
I actually don't mind giving my number out . I find it weeds out people fast . Also once I have their number I can google and try to get some info. Usually not a lot since it's a cell , but I have gotten lucky on a few . Like the guy who said he was 50 and separated. When I put in his cell number in Google , it went to a resume which led to other things and he was 55 and married still. Hmmmm... Second thought, I get your trust issues .. Sorry ! If it doesn't feel right , don't exchange numbers .

Sometimes cell phone searches can yield a lot of info and other times nothing.

I try to wait a few messages before giving a cell to weed out the crazies, like the one above who gave his and asked me to text. I waited a few messages and I'm glad I did!

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #864 on: October 17, 2016, 08:50:45 PM »
Some of these posts have me literally laughing out loud.

Me too!

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #865 on: October 19, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »
Momto -- full stop guy: wow!

I have tried the Google search on mobile phone numbers and didn't have much luck, which was why I was happy to find Sideline so I wasn't giving out my primary number straight away. I appreciated the opportunity to connect off-site since many of the ones I had been on required you to pay and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that. However, the number of men who wanted to use apps instead of texting was sort of weird to me. I'd get questions like 'Do you have so-and-so app? Let's connect there and get off the site', or some were more direct and would say, 'Download so-and-so app so we can talk offline'. Really? I downloaded one of those apps when one guy asked me nicely and after our messages on the site were friendly. However, he used too many emoticons and too much text-speak for me (I text in full sentences - ha!). Eventually, I used the free weekend opportunities and tried to stay on the site longer because of the weird experiences. It was one of those free times that I ended up meeting NG :)
Andree'

serpico

« Reply #866 on: October 19, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »
I'm trying to think of a downside for giving your number out when the purpose is to actually date these people.  You can always block the psychos.  Am I missing something?
'I think I got some of your pickle'

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #867 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:01 AM »
serpico -- for me it was a matter of trust. I don't know who's on the other side of the screen. I need a minute to get to know the person. I felt better offering an alternative to my primary mobile # first rather than a complete aversion to giving out a number. Can't speak for others but that was my rationale :)
Andree'

Needytoo

« Reply #868 on: October 19, 2016, 03:29:15 PM »
You are so right Serpico. I battle with the being safe and the trust side of things and then decided to go with trust.  I gave this guy my number who was messaging me a lot using the online dating app since giving out my cell number haven't heard a thing.  Very confused but moving on. 

Had one guy message me and ask why I was single.  I told the truth and then asked him the same question.  He said it was because he hasn't met me.  He has down on his profile he is a chef, so I asked where he works, and he told me MacDonald's.  Yep, trying not to judge.

SemperFidelis

« Reply #869 on: October 19, 2016, 04:37:33 PM »
Too funny, Needytoo. ;-) At least he's honest?