Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 160314 times)

SemperFidelis

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #885 on: October 21, 2016, 04:38:09 PM »
Whenever we get married (we have established that we both want that) I am not willing to get a marriage certificate.

How does one go about getting married with a marriage certificate?

Re-read my operating definition of marriage.
So to answer your question, you get married by committing to one another.....til death do us part, All that stuff. Marriage can then be marked by rings and/or a wedding or other special acknowledgement.

SemperFidelis

« Reply #886 on: October 21, 2016, 04:41:11 PM »
Would I marry him in a church but not legally to keep my benefits? 

Exactly.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:47:53 PM by SemperFidelis »

nonesuch

« Reply #887 on: October 22, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
Both men I dated were upfront and candid.

One man had been separated for years.  His wife was on his health insurance, and she had a chronic illness and the insurance was very helpful.

The other one said he and his wife had nothing to gain by getting divorced, and had decided to just not live together. There was something about that situation that just struck me as odd,  as if both wanted to date other people, but wanted an excuse not to get serious.

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #888 on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:40 PM »
Ok, I might clearly need a new plan for online.  In two days , I have had two guys just want to chat and seems they are both hinting .. Let's hook up. Ok no thanks .. Next .. Then I just received an email that says .. You look better as a blonde... That's it , no hi .. Just to the point . Ugh .
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #889 on: October 23, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »
Yes, Momto -- there are plenty of hook up folk out there. Not my style either. I tell NG that I don't share :) And the hair color thing. Wow.

On a separate note, and I don't remember noticing before, but you're in Jersey? That's home for me (born in Cape May County, went to Rutgers New Brunswick, lived in DE and PA for a bit, met second LH in Salem County ...).
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #890 on: October 24, 2016, 11:29:06 AM »

On a separate note, and I don't remember noticing before, but you're in Jersey? That's home for me (born in Cape May County, went to Rutgers New Brunswick, lived in DE and PA for a bit, met second LH in Salem County ...).
[/quote]

Yes! Born and raised in NJ . I'm 20 minutes from Seaside . The only thing I don't love is NJ winters ..
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #891 on: October 24, 2016, 01:01:27 PM »
Ha! It was the snow that drove me west :)
Andree'

November

• Widowed 7/20/2014
« Reply #892 on: October 31, 2016, 12:55:44 PM »
So I decided to give online dating a try for the 1st time ever.  I talked to one guy and saw a couple of his pictures he wasn't my type but I decided to give him a chance.  We met at the movies about 20 mins before the movie started.  When I went in to shake his hand I got a foul odor but wasn't sure where it was coming from.  We proceeded to our seats and sitting next to him I noticed that the nasty odor was coming from his mouth!  It was so unbearable I couldn't bypass it.  I did offer very discreetly a piece of gum which he didn't take and he was so eager to keep talking to me so much that at I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't smell his and at one point I had to excuse myself to the bathroom because I couldn't handle it anymore....WTF!

P.S- No goodbye Kiss, no hug..YUCK!!
Rigo, quiero cerrar mis ojos y sentir que estas conmigo.
Love you then, now & always.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #893 on: October 31, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
Wow -- so sorry, November! That's terrible :(
Andree'

SemperFidelis

« Reply #894 on: October 31, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
Oh dear November. That's brutal. 

NG had a serious foul mouth odor for the first month or two. I really really thought it could be a deal breaker for me..... I mean, it was BAD. And it was so pungent that after kissing, there was a stinky residue that stuck to my face (you know right below my nostrils too) I could not seem to wipe off on my drive home. It was vile.  But he had so many other good things going for him, I told myself I would address this at some point if things continued to progress with him. Well, after a month of dating he ended up in the hospital related to kidney issues and he nearly died. He was lying in the hospital bed and he would want me to kiss him but holy shit. Even sitting near him was BAD news. So I finally made the grimace l had been holding back and told him, "whoa, you need to brush your teeth....you clearly haven't since being in the hospital. That's nasty. I'll buy you a toothbrush and toothpaste" So I did.

And after that, it hasn't been an issue. I do not know if he simply started maintaining oral hygiene(he uses mouthwash before kissing me lately), or if not eating for a few weeks effectively "cleansed" whatever stink was in his mouth..... I know he also switched from mountain dew to 7up, and overall changed some eating habits.

I have since confessed to him that his mouth wreaked before the time in the hospital. I might be too honest sometimes. Lol.

klim

« Reply #895 on: October 31, 2016, 07:45:12 PM »
Interesting observation about the inline dating scene.

Ok I made a couple of profiles. 1.My real one..me looking for a guy. full detail, pictures
                                              2. A very very vague one . a guy looking for a gal about my age, nopictures
                                               3. A very very vague one   my stats but no pic no detail.
This is all the vague one said
"Say HI or hello, anything to get my attention. Hey you never know what will happen ...a conversation may ensue and we might get to know each other. We may laugh , we may have fun. you never know.

So Say HI.

why  did I make the profiles you may ask.....well the guy one was so I could see who my competition is and what they say in their profiles.......The vague girl one was so I could anonimously check on some one that I went on a few dates with but didn't totally trust.

But here's the interesting observations.......the guy one got very little hits, maybe 2 messages.
 the vague girl one got quite  a bit of interest, even with no picture., especially when it first went active.

My real one is not getting much interest unless I'm on line.

In otherwords I think if I want more interest there is a point where I should shut down my profile and start a new one. I think some people are just perusing new users.

Just me being an analyst of the trends I noticed... I honestly didn't think vague profile with no picture would generate anything....maybe simpler is better.

SemperFidelis

« Reply #896 on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »
Klim, very interesting experiment. Thank you for posting!

serpico

« Reply #897 on: October 31, 2016, 11:43:51 PM »
If it's just plain 'interest' you're looking for, you may be on to something, but I'm not sure quantity is better than quality in this case, is it?
'I think I got some of your pickle'

klim

« Reply #898 on: November 01, 2016, 05:47:53 AM »
Serpico , you may have a point...

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #899 on: November 01, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »
The one benefit to quantity is that it provides options. Just sayin.
Andree'