Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 162027 times)

klim

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #975 on: December 02, 2016, 03:20:13 PM »
Was rainy around here the other night so I mentioned it in an exchange.  18 hours later the guy told me he was out driving in the rain right now. ...it was clear and sunny out at this point so I asked him what he was doing

Answer: "I was driving around road patrolling for the city. Looking for damage or safety issues"

I'm thinking he doesn't live in my city like his profile says.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #976 on: December 02, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »
Oh my, klim  :o Do you have his phone number? I used to check area codes and ask them how come their phone number is associated with [X city and state] and the profile says they live in [Y city and state]. Some would vanish, some would get indignant (had one guy ask me why having a # from somewhere else was an issue and get huffy, then disappear), and some would answer right back that they used to live in that one place and since there was still family there, they kept the same #. However, the weather claim is a new one to me!
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

imissdow

« Reply #977 on: December 02, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »
Omg! I just checked my message requests on Facebook. Earlier this week I deleted a friend request from a guy in  Pakistan. He also sent me a message request and a marriage proposal. Even included a phone number. Oh my!! That's the second marriage proposal this year! 

klim

« Reply #978 on: December 03, 2016, 09:46:25 AM »
wow Imissdow....think you could have been married twice already!!!!
seriously does that ever work???

tybec

« Reply #979 on: December 03, 2016, 11:32:38 AM »
NG is still waiting on his green card, he tells me!   ;)  Had a bunch of them at first on-line!

A Meme I received:  In reality, all girls (and guys) are crazy, so you just better pick your favorite kind!  Yuppers!

nonesuch

« Reply #980 on: December 03, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »
Oh my, klim  :o Do you have his phone number? I used to check area codes and ask them how come their phone number is associated with [X city and state] and the profile says they live in [Y city and state].

I haven't met a single person, ever, who changed his or her phone number voluntarily. Most try to keep whatever mobile number they have and port it from one carrier to another.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #981 on: December 03, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »
Sure, people do that. I know a few people, myself included, who changed phone numbers when I moved. I ditched my Jersey number for one in California not too long after I got here and have family who have done that when they moved as well.
Andree'

imissdow

« Reply #982 on: December 04, 2016, 06:27:42 AM »
Sometimes just asking is enough. Had a guy give me his number it was a philly area code. My one of my sisters live there so I recognized it right away. I asked about it he told me he had moved. I asked a question about what his favorite place to visit was. It took awhile for him to get back to me and then he picked a well known tourist trap. Sooo did you google that?
If you put a phone number in the search box for Facebook, can bring up their profile. Had a it guy tell me this after he found out my last name and were I lived. Was a tad creepy!

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #983 on: December 04, 2016, 03:27:21 PM »
Gotta love some scammers for entertainment!

Tinder match with a B level celebrity. I didn't notice until he mentioned it. He is engaged to a super model but things are "not going well" and is looking for someone "different and genuine". Women there only want him for his money and sex. I told him I didn't have interest in his money but sex would be good. 😁

Said he was deleting the app and wanted to communicate off site. Told him I messaged his Facebook page and to reply to me there! (I actually did with a screen shot of the conversation. Not sure if they can go after him or not but thought I would try.)

He said I was ignorant and insulted him! Yet, he kept trying!

Pure entertainment I tell you! I couldn't stop laughing!

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #984 on: December 04, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »
That is rich, momto (pun intended)  :P
Andree'

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #985 on: December 04, 2016, 07:11:15 PM »
Just a random share of what one of my friends would call a junior high moment in the world of dating:

So NG is in another state for work just now. We had Thanksgiving at my house; it was the first time in five years that he hadn't cooked for himself. I invited his daughter and granddaughter as well but they went to her mother's this year. He said it seems she's alternating holidays as she spent last Thanksgiving with him. Anyway, we were going to get together for a movie night on Saturday but the weather was so horrible that he didn't come over and we didn't go out. I felt some type of way for a moment but after snuggling in because the rain had gotten fierce, I got over it quickly. Anyway, it turns out the job called him out of state (second time in about three weeks). A few days after he left, he texts to say he was sorry we hadn't gotten together.   :D

Fast forward to yesterday. I posted on social media about getting a friend request from some random alleged widowed guy who I didn't know and who wasn't connected to anyone I know. I made a joke of deleting the request. I had a bunch of friends make jokes and so on. NG pops in and posts that the guy better back off.  ;D ;D I replied with something like, 'Exactly -- that's what I'm saying'. He put smileys and said he'd be home in a week.

Giggle.

Thanks for letting me share and hope you're all having a good weekend!
Andree'

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #986 on: December 04, 2016, 09:29:33 PM »
Was rainy around here the other night so I mentioned it in an exchange.  18 hours later the guy told me he was out driving in the rain right now. ...it was clear and sunny out at this point so I asked him what he was doing

Answer: "I was driving around road patrolling for the city. Looking for damage or safety issues"

I'm thinking he doesn't live in my city like his profile says.

Yes klim...

I tried a new app. Bagel meets coffee. It's supposed to be more about communication and no swiping based on looks.

Started a pleasant conversation. I asked what part of the city he lives in as it states he lives in my city.

He says a town almost an hour west.
I say not XXX then  (my city).
He says here in my city.
I say his town is almost an hour away.

POOF! He vanished!

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #987 on: December 09, 2016, 08:49:58 AM »
Did anyone hear an announcement for Catfishing Friday?  It must be - I woke up with three expressions of interest today:

- an OKCupid message from a 29-year-old in Wide-Spot-In-The-Road or something Wyoming who would like me to contact her - off-site at an e-mail address with a Russian domain name - sounds legit :-)

- a fave and a like on match.com from two different lovely women, ages 30 and 31, in Casper, Wyoming - who happen to have included the same Gmail address for further contact.  I guess it was too hard to yell across the boiler room to coordinate who was going to use the "rossewewa" account today.  Did I mention the profiles were word-for-word the same, too?  I should point them to each other, they'd get along well!  :D

Ready to get off of all these sites in 3... 2... 1...

Take care,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #988 on: December 09, 2016, 10:35:19 AM »
Oh, Rob! Sigh ... they just don't quit, do they?
Andree'

kjs1989

« Reply #989 on: December 09, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »
Ack, it is so unfortunate there are so many scammers, questionable motive types, and issue laden people on these sites.  I lucked out and met someone "normal," as have many friends and acquaintances, but the process can sure take a lot out of a person in the meantime.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:14:51 PM by kjs1989 »