Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161220 times)

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #1005 on: December 12, 2016, 11:16:22 AM »
arneal   I will try to include him in on my activities.  What bothers me is that he was incredulous that I wouldn't join him for a night-time paddle (chilly night!) to see the moon rise.  Sounds romantic, yes - but I think it would have been a miserable experience for me.  Feeling old.  Guess I should feel lucky that he's active, though.
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1006 on: December 12, 2016, 11:31:26 AM »
Trying: You might want to have a conversation with him about your likes and so on if you haven't already. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to do something like that. My NG was shocked that I didn't play board games; I explained (kindly) that I am not really competitive. He gave it a bit of thought and surmised that since I didn't really grow up playing them as I have no siblings, I didn't grow that competition gene :) I think he is sometimes a bit disappointed but I told him he could teach me. In actuality, I just don't pay attention to rules very well so most games tend to overwhelm me even when they are viewed as simple. We've got to work this thing to find some common ground and then accept where our differences are :)
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

SunshineFL

« Reply #1007 on: December 12, 2016, 01:55:45 PM »
My Personal Safety - Public Service Announcement of the Day:

I didn't like how a man who I had met was speaking to me via text.
I asked him to stop, then I asked him to not contact me again.
I learned how to use the block feature of my phone and didn't think about it for a few days.

When I opened my blocked messages folder, there was a barrage of texts, over the course of a few days, spewing derogatory curse words at me, and the last text which threatened bodily harm to me and one of my children.

In Florida, the electronic communication of threats of bodily harm is a 2nd degree felony.
This morning, I went to the local sheriff's office and filed a report, and then followed that up by going to the local courthouse and filed an injunction for a protective order for me and my children. If granted, uniformed officers will be serving him within the next 24-48 hours and detectives will be investigating.

Be careful out there, friends.
I know we like to think the initial best of others, but it can be a minefield out there.
Reality.
Too many internal emotions raging to type them out here, but I'm guessing you can imagine.
 :'(

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1008 on: December 12, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
Oh, Sunshine :(
Andree'

Forgottenwife

« Reply #1009 on: December 12, 2016, 02:24:05 PM »
My Personal Safety - Public Service Announcement of the Day:

I didn't like how a man who I had met was speaking to me via text.
I asked him to stop, then I asked him to not contact me again.
I learned how to use the block feature of my phone and didn't think about it for a few days.

When I opened my blocked messages folder, there was a barrage of texts, over the course of a few days, spewing derogatory curse words at me, and the last text which threatened bodily harm to me and one of my children.

In Florida, the electronic communication of threats of bodily harm is a 2nd degree felony.
This morning, I went to the local sheriff's office and filed a report, and then followed that up by going to the local courthouse and filed an injunction for a protective order for me and my children. If granted, uniformed officers will be serving him within the next 24-48 hours and detectives will be investigating.

Be careful out there, friends.
I know we like to think the initial best of others, but it can be a minefield out there.
Reality.
Too many internal emotions raging to type them out here, but I'm guessing you can imagine.
 :'(

Wow. What a creep, I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I trust the authorities will set him straight. My guess is a visit from uniformed officers will get him to immediately stop. You definitely made the right decision to go to the authorities.

Unbelievable, I am shocked. Thanks for this cautionary tale to be careful.

Captains wife

« Reply #1010 on: December 12, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »
Wow SunshineFL. So sorry that happened!! That is def a cautionary tale - I've been harassed from online dating but that is a whole different scary level. Smart to take action....be careful out there ladies.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #1011 on: December 12, 2016, 06:31:21 PM »
Yikes Sunshine!  That is creepy and scary.  I'm glad you took it seriously and took action, you really never know what people are capable of.  Always trust your gut!
You will forever be my always.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #1012 on: December 15, 2016, 08:57:55 AM »
Hugs my friend SFL, and stay safe!

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #1013 on: December 15, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »
If my dating life was not comical enough already...

I am meeting a 6'3" actor for lunch today!

If you have read any of my recent posts, you will find this pretty amusing!

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1014 on: December 15, 2016, 11:46:12 AM »
Just don't giggle in your beverage as you think of those posts yourself, momto  ;D
Andree'

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #1015 on: December 15, 2016, 08:27:03 PM »
If my dating life was not comical enough already...

I am meeting a 6'3" actor for lunch today!

If you have read any of my recent posts, you will find this pretty amusing!

It's nice to finally get a chance to meet a nice person, and have a great conversation for almost 2 hours.  I was beginning to doubt they existed or if they would ever cross my path, through on line dating. He even asked to see me again.

Who knows where, if anywhere, it might go, but it was nice to meet a true gentleman.

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #1016 on: December 15, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »
Just don't giggle in your beverage as you think of those posts yourself, momto  ;D

I told him my actor story and he couldn't believe it! 😁

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1017 on: December 15, 2016, 09:20:11 PM »
Glad you had a good time!
Andree'

Virgo

« Reply #1018 on: December 16, 2016, 12:23:39 AM »
Glad you had a good time! I hope the 2nd date is even better!

I had another guy contact me through Facebook.  We've been chatting quite a bit the past few days.  The guy I was dating wants to go out tomorrow or Saturday. I think we're leaning more towards the friend zone.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1019 on: December 16, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
Nothing wrong with making some friends along the way, Virgo -- hope 'the one' shows up for you though :)
Andree'