Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 162928 times)

Love2fish

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #1260 on: May 18, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »
It sure is crazy.  He's only suing for $17.31, the cost of the ticket.   Why not include the loss of comfort from the children they will never have now?

BTW .. A movie is a lousy idea for a meet & greet anyway.  She should countersue for dating malpractice.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1261 on: May 18, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »
Love2 --  ;D ;D ;D
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Needytoo

« Reply #1262 on: May 19, 2017, 11:38:55 AM »
Could you imagine being sued for a price of a movie ticket, just adding pressure to the dating scene? 

My Tommy Texter is back full force. He asked me out, I said yes and then he said: "lets play it by ear". Huh?

Have started chatting with some other guys. 

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1263 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »
Wow, Needy. Yeah, I think it's time to kick Tommy to the curb. It's almost like he's angling ... throw bait to see where you are in the pond; if you aren't hooked, he figures he can come back and bait you again later. Ew.
Andree'

Needytoo

« Reply #1264 on: May 20, 2017, 07:25:38 AM »
I understand restarting in the dating game is scary to most of us. I try to be a free spirit but honestly, I do better when plans are set.  I am not sitting at home waiting for him.

Has anyone tried Zoosk? 

Julester3

« Reply #1265 on: May 20, 2017, 07:00:13 PM »
My 7th stand up, but why am I bothering counting anymore? What is with men 40-50? I quit on free sites. I am considering going in with a paid matchmaker service. Too many games, no simple common courtesy, very crass men out there. I think this is a sign that I'm not meant to have anyone else.

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
« Reply #1266 on: May 20, 2017, 07:43:06 PM »
I do better when plans are set.

If you don't have day, time and activity set, you don't have a plan and I don't think you have a date.

Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
« Reply #1267 on: May 20, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »
Julester   What is it about non-committal guys these days?  I'm a member of a matchmaking service, have had some success with it but there are guys there also that say they're interested and then don't commit to getting together.  In 5 months of sharing profiles, not one has followed through in a date with me.  Thinking that I had a lousy profile, I asked other women members and they have had the same experience with guys not following through.

When meeting these same guys in person at a dating event - yes, the very same ones, that's when I get asked out.  I think that it's easy to hide behind a profile, look at photos, read the description, and then not act on it.  Social media and dating sites have screwed up the dating process, in my opinion.  The options seem endless, in reality it's a very different story.
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Needytoo

« Reply #1268 on: May 21, 2017, 07:30:35 AM »
Julester I just deleted my Match account, for some reason it isn't very active in my area, lots of unpaid members on it.

I have no idea why these guys are doing what they are doing, but I am sure there are women who are standing up men as well.  Why are there so many afraid people?

You are so right Rob, I guess it really isn't a date.  I am really trying to show this guy some patience, but he is also coming off to me as a very cheap. I have been offered a ride in his truck, and a bonfire in his back yard. He is 60 years old and that is the only thing he can think of?  He is always showing he is online on POF and if I slip onto the site he instantly sends me a message. 

Today I am having lunch with another single lady.  She wants to start dating again but doesn't want to try online dating so we are going to sign up for speed dating. 

Julester3

« Reply #1269 on: May 21, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »
A divorced mom friend suggested speed dating as well. I need to look into it. I'm much less annoyed today, after all it is a new day.

I was also on POF. I deleted my upgraded account last night though I paid for 2 months. I chalk it up as a learned lesson. I know my self value and I know what love looks like and what makes a good relationship. Them trying to convince me that sex is nothing and needs to be given on a first date shows me they know absolutely nothing. I am an educated woman and I need stimulation. They are crass and can't seduce me with their cheap talk. Just crudely telling me how they like sex has no impact on me. Their loss is my ability to maintain my self respect. I have moral and values even though I accept I am a sensual person with needs. I had sensed there is very little there.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1270 on: May 21, 2017, 06:11:07 PM »
Julester -- I think some of what you see is the fallout from those who don't have that self-respect. They make a bad name for the rest.
Andree'

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1271 on: May 21, 2017, 06:52:10 PM »
Here's a video that I hope will make everyone smile about the online dating/meetup!
http://www.howtogettheguy.com/blog/what-he-says-vs-what-he-means/
Andree'

Needytoo

« Reply #1272 on: May 22, 2017, 07:32:16 AM »
There are "winners" on POF but I think those kind of guys are on all the sites. 

Arneal that video is hilarious. I sure could use a male translator. I thought I would give Tommy Texter another chance.  We met again for coffee. Again he was so nervous and couldn't keep eye contact. I asked him some more questions and he really didn't answer any of them well and he didn't ask me one. As far as I can make out the only thing the guy likes to do is drink coffee and drive around in his truck. I know this might surprise everyone but this is not how I want to spend my time. Now I am trying to figure out what I have learned about all of this and the one thing that jumps up at me if I really need to ask more questions before we have a M&G. I am not good at it at doing this but I really need to do it. Help!?!

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1273 on: May 22, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
What's he like on the telephone, Needy? Does he talk? Maybe he's people-phobic or public-phobic. Does he initiate text or phone conversations or are you reaching out all the time? If he initiates, ideally one would think there was interest on his part. Maybe asking him straight up what he'd like to do?
Andree'

Needytoo

« Reply #1274 on: May 23, 2017, 05:34:55 AM »
He is actually can speak very well on the phone. I think you might be right Arneal that he might have some social phobia. The thing is my husband had it (or he just hating doing things ) and my oldest son has it. If he has it, I am not sure if this is a person I want to have a relationship. Or I am reading way too much into everything.  He is 60 and maybe his wife dumped him and he is finding dating difficult. That part I can understand. 
This week I have been under stress due to a contractor lawsuit and I am feeling that I am having that some trust issues again.  A girlfriend pointed that out to me and she said I should tell him this.  I don't particularly like oversharing stuff too quickly but maybe I should tell him.