Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161800 times)

arneal

• The Starving Activist
Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #1275 on: May 23, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »
Needy -- it sounds like you'll have to weigh if you want to put time into this situation. Is he someone you'd like to have a deeper connection with? Spend lots of time with? If so, then sure, consider sharing/oversharing. If not, consider how to pull back without damaging what could be a friendship. Plus if he has some wounds because of the ex, how you let him know you aren't interested in more than friendship will be important, especially if he has some sort of social anxiety or worse. As an introvert, the 'dating' part of online dating mortified me ... you mean I have to physically meet this person and talk to them?! LOL! I had to talk myself into it, practice potential conversations and body language so I wouldn't look totally as freaked out as I felt on the inside, and breathe, breathe, breathe. I did a good bit of reading prior to my first meet-up as well. It's not easy ...
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

momof2obs

« Reply #1276 on: May 23, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
Uggg!  Thought I met a decent guy on Bumble.  Checked him out before we met and everything he said was as he started it.  We went out a few times and really clicked.  Last date was Friday night.  On Saturday, he texted that he was hopeful that this was the beginning of a great relationship and we started to make plans for this weekend.  Today, I ask if I should make arrangements for the weekend (he is well aware of the kid situation) and he says, "nope, I'm good".  When I question him he says he is too busy.
I ask if he is cutting me off completely and he says yes. WTF?  Long story short.  He says he found someone else. Really?  You couldn't be honest from the get go about that? if this is how dating is these days...I'm done!

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1277 on: May 23, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
So sorry to hear, momof2 :( That was rotten.
Andree'

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
« Reply #1278 on: May 23, 2017, 05:42:22 PM »
momof2obs   Sorry to hear  :-\   Better to know his character now, rather than later
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:13:44 PM by trying2breathe »
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Julester3

« Reply #1279 on: May 23, 2017, 08:19:03 PM »
I got a response like that when the guy didn't like what I was wearing. Sucks that you had a fickle guy. I'm not having any luck but then again I closed my online account! Lol! Duh!

Needytoo

« Reply #1280 on: May 24, 2017, 05:57:23 AM »
So sorry momof2obs, I hope you are doing alright.

Last week I was at the top of my stress game because of a contractor that I am suing.  The last straw was a text message from him.The message was so bizarre and because if was so strange I didn't feel safe. Called some friends and my lawyer and they calmed me down yesterday. My back has been in so much pain from the stress went and had a massage, still in pain but hopefully it gets better. Talked to my neighbors to keep a look out on my property. Then I called "Tommy" texter and explained the situation.  The guy was amazing. Actually felt genuine concern. Once I get my own head on straight I hope we go out again.  Guess I was wrong about oversharing too soon.

momof2obs

« Reply #1281 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:07 AM »
Update...the guy now has changed his story.  He says there isn't anyone else and that he just said that so I would leave him alone. Ummmm OK.  So I do. What happens? Ten to 6 this morning he texts me.  Can't make this stuff up!!!

kjs1989

« Reply #1282 on: May 24, 2017, 10:38:02 AM »
momof2,

Oh my gawd, your scenario  sounds like the stories  my college daughter tells me about about the frat guys she meets.  On and off like light switches. Discouraging that they don't grow up. Little entitled boys whose mommies have coddled them their whole lives.

BLECH!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:16:23 PM by kjs1989 »

Captains wife

« Reply #1283 on: May 24, 2017, 03:01:12 PM »
momof2obs - please just block this jerk on your cell. Believe me - I have done a lot of online dating (no judgement) - there are certain guys out there that just like to mess with you. They are interested when they don't have anyone else and then put you to the bottom of the list when they think they have found someone "better" (which they usually haven't so then they come back around). Im sorry, you deserve a lot better than that. His loss - seriously.....

Forgottenwife

« Reply #1284 on: May 24, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »
momof2obs - please just block this jerk on your cell. Believe me - I have done a lot of online dating (no judgement) - there are certain guys out there that just like to mess with you. They are interested when they don't have anyone else and then put you to the bottom of the list when they think they have found someone "better" (which they usually haven't so then they come back around). Im sorry, you deserve a lot better than that. His loss - seriously.....

I second this - I too did a lot if dating before I met my current sweetheart, men like this I just simply stopped talking to. Didn't answer their texts, didn't respond to any communication at all. Not only do you deserve better, I am certain you can do much better. He's not worth any of your time.

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1285 on: May 24, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
Glad to hear, Needy! That is fabulous. Have you considered essential oils for your pain? I was buying my own randomly but my friend started selling them so I have a local connection now :) frankinsense is great for pain and doterra has a blue concoction that works for me and for my friend who has rheumatoid arthritis.
Andree'

momof2obs

« Reply #1286 on: May 24, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »

I second this - I too did a lot if dating before I met my current sweetheart, men like this I just simply stopped talking to. Didn't answer their texts, didn't respond to any communication at all. Not only do you deserve better, I am certain you can do much better. He's not worth any of your time.

Thanks for the input.  I have been ignoring him.  I know I deserve better and will not settle for less!!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:06:45 PM by momof2obs »

Needytoo

« Reply #1287 on: May 25, 2017, 05:53:45 AM »
Good for you momof2, but you might want to block his number as well. Trust me some of these messages from guys can be stressful ex. my crazy contractor.

Arneal my son bought me a diffusor for Mother's Day. I have been using a lot of lavender and peppermint. I don't have any frankincense but I think that is a great idea. I have frankincense wax cubes for those warmer thingamingers. 
Have you tried the oil on your skin?

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1288 on: May 25, 2017, 08:34:54 AM »
Needy -- yes, but with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp (baby oil in a pinch when the pennies are low lol). I have a few stress mixtures and plan to make my own as I learn more. Love my oils! And the blue stuff from doterra has done wonders for my ankle.
Andree'

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #1289 on: May 25, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »
On match..... guy checks my profile , sends me an email says your profile is awesome , would love to chat . Tell me three of your favorite shows right now.  I answer . He reads my messsage , rechecks my profile and doesn't answer .
It's gotten so absurd , it's funny anymore .
"To love another person is to see the face of God "