Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 146483 times)

oneoftwo

Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #1365 on: August 13, 2017, 11:55:55 AM »
Still lonely. It has been 10 weeks.

Oh, this made me laugh. Still does.
(no disrespect)

It's been nearly 8 years.

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
« Reply #1366 on: August 14, 2017, 10:20:12 PM »
Still searching , try new sites, gather up stories for a book I swear I want to write . 😂. However, wouldn't it be fun if we could share some of what we see and deal with in the area we are. For example, would love to share the picture of a guy online , in his tidy whiteys , in his bathroom . Selfie picture in his mirror, but made sure you couldn't see his face. 🤔🙈
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1367 on: August 14, 2017, 11:27:14 PM »
Momto -- I want to laugh, I want to cry. Yes -- let's write a book! I write fiction and blog regularly, so I am in! Even just the descriptions would be enough to make it a best seller. I see a screenplay as well  :o
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Virgo

« Reply #1368 on: August 14, 2017, 11:55:48 PM »
Still lonely. It has been 10 weeks.

Oh, this made me laugh. Still does.
(no disrespect)

It's been nearly 8 years.

Widowed almost 4 years. Not laughing. No disrespect.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Momtojandj

« Reply #1369 on: August 24, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »
Has anyone seen the new Match stories on Match.com ? My subscription ended, and the day after it ended I see now they added match stories where you can add video, etc. I have said that forever , I think if you can see the person and hear them it 1. Would show hopefully that aren't fake and 2. Sometimes people don't show well "written " . So what do you guys think ? Has anyone seen it , or done it ? Of course now I want to re subscribe . Lol

SunshineFL

« Reply #1370 on: September 04, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »
Has anyone seen the new Match stories on Match.com ? .... So what do you guys think ? Has anyone seen it , or done it ? Of course now I want to re subscribe . Lol

Hi, @momtojandj - just wondering your update - did you try the online videos? How are things going?
Warm wishes, friend.

Momtojandj

« Reply #1371 on: September 04, 2017, 08:00:03 PM »
Sunshine.. no , my subscription ended the same day it came out. Possibly if I get a good deal to go back , I might try match again .

Guaruj

I read the news today - oh, boy!
« Reply #1372 on: September 06, 2017, 04:28:50 PM »
...and you thought your own on-line dating encounters went badly:

Woman On Tinder Date Gets Stuck In Window Trying To Retrieve Her Own Poop

I was almost encouraged to read this:

Although their first date ended up stinking to high heaven, it hasn’t swayed Smyth off a potential future with his lady friend.

“She’s a lovely girl ― I’m not sure what’s going to happen ― I’m really busy with my dissertation at the moment, but I’d certainly be open to seeing her again,” he told the Daily Star.

Oh, he's suddenly "busy" now? Of course he should ask her for a second date! How could she turn him down?

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Momtojandj

« Reply #1373 on: October 02, 2017, 07:42:24 AM »
Actually had a third date last night with someone I had gone out with twice b4, but months ago . He wasn't really ready to date then . Anyway he reached out and we had a very nice time. Hoping for another date . 👍🏻

Leadfeather

« Reply #1374 on: October 02, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »
Thank you for this thread. It has been helpful.

The profile examples somewhere in the middle of this long chain were very helpful in rewriting my own description borrowing parts of them. I hope no one minds. My original about me was written way to soon after my wife died and I shared way to much.

I have found after having been married for just a few months shy of 25 years and having only dated one woman in my life I have to re-calibrate my expectations.

I think the next date I go on I will go with the expectation that I am just going to enjoy a drink and small talk with a woman and not concern myself with anything past that.

One of the men on this thread mentioned not asking for a second date until he has had time to think about the first, and that also seemed like good advice.

And it was a hopeful thing to read the thread all the way through and see a few people who were searching and venting at the start of this massive thread and who now have found someone.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:14:46 PM by Leadfeather »
Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
-Corrie Ten Boom

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1375 on: October 02, 2017, 05:57:54 PM »
Hi, Leadfeather -- great points there about expectations. I was married twice for a total of about 25 years of committed relationship so your comment there certainly resonated. It is possible to find someone. Don't give up. Maybe take breaks and try different sites, but stick to what it is you want and don't settle. Several of us are at a point now that we can laugh about some of the horror stories we've endured with online dating, probably because we weathered the storm and made a connection of some sort. All the best to you (and all)!
Andree'

FaithOverFear

« Reply #1376 on: October 03, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »
As I am thinking I am ready to step into the world of dating, I have been giving a lot of thought to what that may look like and how I want to handle it. It seems to me that you are taking it at a good speed without jumping too fast into it. I was married 29 years and it took me a while to get to the point where I think I am ready to more in a forward direction. I wish you the best in your journey.

jgib

« Reply #1377 on: October 04, 2017, 09:38:17 AM »
Well, I am done with the online bs.....  It obviously is not my thing. 
Whether I am going about it wrong or just not ready, who knows?  I am tired of it all.  Maybe my expectations are too high??  Maybe I move too slow?  Maybe I am too weird and just don't fit?  Maybe the dating world, I have never experienced before this, is not one for me?
I am done with it for the time being.  Perhaps my perfect fit is gone and I just need to accept that, I know I am not willing to just be with someone to be with someone.  I know how good it can be.
Ok, rant over.  Nice to hear it has worked for some of you.  :)

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1378 on: October 04, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »
jgib -- yes, online dating is weird and can make you feel weird. Many folks here have taken breaks and tried other things like going to speed dating events, blind dates, set ups by friends or family, joining social event things ... whatever works. Take your time, there's no rule. But for sure, it ain't like it used to be ...  ::) ???
Andree'

Momtojandj

« Reply #1379 on: October 04, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »
Jgib..... I hear you with online. I feel like if you want to meet someone , it's a necessary evil. Try taking a break, maybe use other sites . Hugs that you are not alone in this .