Author Topic: On line dating vents and laughs......  (Read 161517 times)

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
Re: On line dating vents and laughs......
« Reply #1425 on: October 16, 2017, 07:33:58 AM »
So date number 2 last night with online dude , only 3 years from first date to second date . Lol . He wasn’t ready to date 3 years ago . Very nice guy , but I didn’t feel anything that plus young kids , not sure he would be for me . Now this part I hate , if he texts saying I’m not interested .
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

Leadfeather

« Reply #1426 on: October 16, 2017, 08:41:38 AM »
Now this part I hate , if he texts saying I’m not interested .

Just rip that bandaid right off. As someone who was just was on the receiving end of a "your a nice guy but" text I much prefer to know and move on than to wait and not know.
Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
-Corrie Ten Boom

Momtojandj

« Reply #1427 on: October 16, 2017, 12:10:09 PM »
Leadfeather.. you are correct . I texted him , and he was so nice about it  . He agreed the difference in our kids ages and where we are at this stage in life wouldn’t work. Phew .. always hate that part .

faye

« Reply #1428 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »
After a while I learned when a date cancelled, I left the ball in his court to re-schedule.

momof2obs

« Reply #1429 on: October 16, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »

On the lighter side there was no discussion of genitalia size. . .

Damn...you did better than me!

momof2obs

« Reply #1430 on: October 16, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »
it just keeps getting better...I can't wait for the book I write about my experiences...

Had a guy message me that he wants me to be his sugar momma (hello, buy into the rich widow myth much?)

I asked him what he meant and got this reply...

"you pay me for the ultimate orgasmic experience of your life"

::)

Julester3

« Reply #1431 on: October 17, 2017, 06:20:43 AM »
I got a similar offer once but I didn't have to pay him, he wanted to experience an older woman. 🤔 Uh no thanks you! I'm never that desperate for human contact!

Momtojandj

« Reply #1432 on: October 22, 2017, 04:02:43 PM »
Matched with a guy on tinder, we messaged . We happen to have a mutual friend in common . He asked for my number and texted me last night . I was out and said I would text him when I got home , I did .. he read it ( thanks iPhone ) no response. Texts me today , I respond he reads and no response . Ok not a good first impression... next... but why bother really ?

trying2breathe

• Widowed August 2013
« Reply #1433 on: October 23, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »
momtojandj   Don't write him off too soon, the timing of texts has always been a source of stress for me.   It's the very start of communicating and there's no protocol.  I'd give him a chance and see where it goes.
Have I told you lately how much I love you?

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1434 on: October 25, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
Yes -- the text thing is crazy-making. Often if you don't ask any questions in your message, people feel no need to respond. He might have a weird schedule as well, making responses difficult. Never know until you have a chance to meet him if you so desire.
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Virgo

« Reply #1435 on: November 06, 2017, 11:40:36 PM »
A little backstory for new wids. I haven't ventured into online dating unless Facebook counts. A lot of men contact me through Facebook. Back in May I decided to take a break from dating. It was just very underwhelming and unsatisfying.

On my birthday, August 28th, I ran into a guy I graduated high school with at the gas station. I was airing my tires and glanced back at him. He looked familiar, but I just went back to airing my tires. Then I left. He messaged me on Facebook asking if I was just at the gas station airing my tires. Our conversation started from there. We met for lunch a few days later.  We started meeting for lunch once a week, talking and texting daily, then seeing each other more often,  evenings, etc.  I'm an over thinker, so I'm trying really hard just to take it one day at a time. I really enjoy his company. He's a great guy. We're always laughing, both sarcastic. I feel really comfortable with him.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

arneal

• The Starving Activist
« Reply #1436 on: November 07, 2017, 01:12:54 PM »
Good for you, Virgo!
Andree'

Seek peace, and pursue it - Psalm 34:14b

Virgo

« Reply #1437 on: November 07, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »
Good for you, Virgo!

Thank you! I'm cautiously optimistic.
Jen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Leadfeather

« Reply #1438 on: November 12, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »
Not really a vent, more of a question.

How many men/women do you talk to online at a time? It feels like if I am not careful I am going to have to many conversations going at once. Three seems to be about my limit. Also after a few days of chatting I want to do a meet and greet before investing to much more time in a conversation.
Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
-Corrie Ten Boom

First Widow

« Reply #1439 on: November 12, 2017, 03:54:18 PM »
I think 3 was my limit too.  Actually it was a good number because I quickly realized that when I got a notification, I was disappointed if it was from #2 or #3 and I focused my attention on #1.  It took us about 3 weeks to meet in person, but it was February and the weather was wreaking havoc with attempts to get together.

Good luck!
"But slowly he stole my broken heart and put the pieces back together while I wasn’t looking…and I love him."