Author Topic: First world problem - wine?  (Read 1049 times)

Gabzmom

First world problem - wine?
« on: July 17, 2015, 03:50:44 AM »
My girlfriend from Cali did a road trip from Oregon to Wa.  She picked up a couple of bottles of wine and now they sit in my dining room.  She asked me to ship the wine to her.  I checked UPS on shipping and it looks like it has to be done by a retailer.  Anyone with experience on this? 

I know - I should just open the bottles and drink them.
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

ieh21

Re: First world problem - wine?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
Indeed, I've heard that an individual cannot ship wine across state lines. There must be a wine broker or something whose business is to take care of this particular problem. I love that expression "first world problem".

sunshinedaydreamz

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »
Drink it, and tell them the state regulations.
And how much you enjoyed it !
; )

Gabzmom

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 11:35:43 PM »
How much time do you think I will get if I ship as olive oil and they open to discover the wine?   :P :P
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens

SimiRed

• Widowed 9-19-09 Joined YWBB 10-2009
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 11:45:08 PM »
Ummm.... I've shipped wine before, just never told anyone it was wine.  Done it a few times actually.  Bubble wrap it good, buy those 2 gallon baggies and put them in there first, write Fragile on the box. 

I'm not in jail...yet :)
~Tracey~
My wonderful husband Rick of 19 years, 12/11/67 - 9/20/09 Neuroendocrine cancer.
I still miss you everyday, I go forward, but my mind stands still.

hachi

• Widowed 7-6-2012 YWBB Joined 6-10-2013 Loc:NH
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 11:04:19 AM »
Call it vinegar! It could be.....
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.      ~ A. Einstein

Mr C

• It's Your Heart
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM »
How much time do you think I will get if I ship as olive oil and they open to discover the wine?   :P :P

Go for it! I'll come down and spring you loose if it comes to that.   :o
Mrs.C, You have been my Sweetheart, Best Friend and Love since 1987. You will be my Wife forever and ever and ever. Love Always, Mr. C

serpico

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 08:06:51 PM »

Just pray you get Piper Chapman as a cellie instead of Crazy Eyes  :o
'I think I got some of your pickle'