Author Topic: Radio Hell International  (Read 7029 times)

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
Re: Radio Hell International
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 10:25:42 AM »
Kids here too....Halloween is a no go. :-(

I would love to do a NYC bago at some point!

Michael797

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »
Are we going to post the bago?

That is affirmative, as soon as we lock in the venue. For now the official date is Sunday, Nov. 1st - for what it's worth, MeAndTheKids and I are hammering out details on a VERY KID-FRIENDLY venue, if that helps anyone.

And lcoxwell - your warm welcome made all 38 of my personalities very happy (hey, it takes a lot of staff to run this place). We're glad you're glad we're back. Thank you so much!

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:16 PM »
...hey, it takes a lot of staff to run this place...

*watches a tumble weed roll down the hallway

It's not like the boss has been around much to supervise lately... :P Most of your staff got bored and went to work at Starbucks (yep, plenty of those in hell!). Cinnamon Dolce Latte, anyone?
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Michael797

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »
Warning: for close to a year now, the folks at the station have been trying their best to keep people from listening to our broadcasts - yet some of you just can't seem to keep your little twinkie hooks off the dial. Our latest feature is one last attempt to get you to go find something better to do with your lives. Here goes nothing....

WELCOME, kids, to Uncle Touchy's Naked Storytime Basement! Come on in and make yourselves at home. Today's story is about a misbegotten little widower who just might have had something go right in his life. Are you sitting comfortably? Yeah, I know, the floor's cold. Last chance to get out of here!

FINE! Once upon a time, there was an arrogant little drama queen who spent years thinking that life revolved around him. One day he met a princess and fell madly in love with her; it seems that she possessed magical powers that made him realize that there were lots more things to care about than just himself. Inspired by his love for the princess and his new awareness of more than just his own pompous ass, he made plans for the two of them to get married.

And then she got sick. And after six months of battling her illness with all sorts of horrible treatments, she passed away - leaving the little drama queen without a pot to piss in.

You may be wondering why this guy was a drama queen. Well, it's because he loved the theatre; he loved how everything was larger than life on the stage. He adored the applause he would get when he delivered a line with just the right timing. In short, he was (and still is) pretty much a total egomaniac.

After his princess died, nobody applauded for him anymore. In fact, huge numbers of audience members turned their collective backs on him. After a period of inertia and madness, he finally realized that his only hope was to try to get himself back into the theatre to see if he could recapture some of the glory from his former days. He decided to start small and put together a little show made up of a bunch of short plays. He hired his cast and rehearsed them as best he could. The theatre didn't exactly share his enthusiasm, but in spite of their indifference, the show went on!

It wasn't very well attended, but it was a critical success. Everyone that came to the performances had a good time!

Opening night, after the first show, he went out to dinner with one of his dearest friends from the theatre, as well as one of the cast members. While they dined, he became aware that opening night was the 13-month anniversary of the passing of his princess.

He mentioned this to his companions and wondered aloud if it was remotely possible that the princess would have been proud of what he had done.

They both said that they were pretty sure she was, and the three of them toasted her memory. The End.

What's the moral, you say? Silly question - stories around here don't have morals. The best anyone can do in this place is tiny victories. The real question is whether this story constitutes a victory or not.

That's all for today's transmission. As always, here's hoping you never made it past the first line. Hasty Banana from Radio Hell!

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 03:18:29 PM »
Great. You crack me up and break my heart in one post. Uncle Touchy? <shudder>

She is proud. So proud. So am I.

And, for the record, the dial on this radio never moves...
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Michael797

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 06:30:54 PM »
The Widow World Tour continues with a repeat stop in NYC on Sunday, November 1st. Kindly go to the Widobago thread for details on this, and watch for updates both here and there as we collect more information. Hoping to cya there!

Ursula

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »
Michael, great to hear a new transmission, have to admit, been out of the office for a bit, would have a latte, cinnamon or not ( hey Jen!!) and must say, really like your last post: 'What's the moral, you say? Silly question - stories around here don't have morals. The best anyone can do in this place is tiny victories. The real question is whether this story constitutes a victory or not.'
I guess as long as you can make up a story that is a creative process and creativity's rebirth must be a sign of progress in the healing process....

wishing you much fun in NY !!

Por que tu fuego a?n me quema, sin ti las noches son eternas,
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..
Y yo te esperare, amor aunque los a?os lleguen sin querer (Marc Anthony)

Michael797

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 06:27:33 PM »
Missing you and the other Euro-wids very much, Ursula. Thanks so much for chiming in. We HAVE to find a way to spend time together again - something maybe more meaningful next time.

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »
We HAVE to find a way to spend time together again - something maybe more meaningful next time.

Oh, we will. Failure is not an option. :)

Ursula

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »
Oh yess, mydears! Open invitation renewed to my new old abode under the palmtrees.... Little victories also include leaving ones job and going to where one feels slightly better (and warmer!!!).  Next year only though... xxx
tu aroma sigue aqu?, no me deja ir.. Por m?s que intente y quiera olvidarte, yo nunca lograre dejarte, cautivo de este amor sincero esclavo de tu voz.. Por que estoy am?ndote, so??ndose, aunque no est?s aqu?..

Jen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2015, 10:00:19 PM »
YAY BEACH PARTY!!!!!! Been awhile since we had one. (((((((((R))))))))))) Love you!!!

cyndidd

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »
Miss chatting with you

Ursula

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 03:20:42 PM »
Guys, what happened to Radio Hell ?? I finally found the tune again...
would love to hear some.
greetings from G