Author Topic: Memories / hubbies motorcycle  (Read 530 times)

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
Memories / hubbies motorcycle
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »
Tonight I was driving somewhere and in front of me was a man riding his motorcycle. I wasn't upset, or felt sick (for those who remember hubby died on his motorcycle) . I was transfixed, I could see his reflection in his rear view mirror. A goat tee , just like John . I watched as he rode, wind blowing thru his shirt . I didn't ride offen with hubby, was scared of them . But all I could do is remember John, how much he loved to escape on his , felt free . I so wanted to jump on this back with this random guy, bury my head in his back , feel the wind , feel free and escape.
The first night I met John, he took me for a ride on his motorcycle. (Different one ). Such a bittersweet memory for me . I almost want to ask someone to take me for a ride , just once, to feel that freedom again.
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

Beyondlife

Re: Memories / hubbies motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »
I miss it too.  Have gone 2-3 times with a friend of his but just not the same.  He didn't die on his bike but selling it was
one of the hardest things I did.
Spring is so hard when they all come out of storage and you hear and see them everywhere.
Hugs
?There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.?

― Washington Irving