Author Topic: Health & Fitness  (Read 43842 times)

Portside

Re: Health & Fitness
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 10:14:11 PM »
Time to get back into trim after winter.

Was at the gym 4x this week with a new coach. Former pro footballer and now my strength coach. I hurt everywhere - I think even my hair hurts. But in a good way.

Coming week's goal - 4x again and keep it up.
The war is over for me now. But those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

Bear1956

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 07:32:38 AM »
I need another goal.  Maybe another 8 week personal challenge?  Suggestions?

To run a 5k?

Bluebird might have better ideas on how to train for this than me.

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 09:05:57 AM »

To run a 5k?

I am training for a ? marathon 5/2. I think I need a nutrition goal.

Bluebird

• Blessed By Great Love Twice
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »

To run a 5k?

I am training for a ? marathon 5/2. I think I need a nutrition goal.

I'm training for a half too Mangomom! Mine is 4/19.

Congratulations on winning your challenge! 10" is incredible!!!!

Perhaps you could think about working on the quality of your diet in some way? I find that sometimes it's good to give my body a break after calorie restricting, but so I don't lose progress, I try and enhance quality. Like making a choice to eliminate any added sugars, or cutting out soda. My personal goal right now is to maintain and eat enough protein so I don't lose muscle mass with all the running I'm doing.
My First Love, Peace Be Thine

Bluebird

• Blessed By Great Love Twice
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »
Hey Virgo. This week I aimed for 3 strength training days and 4 running days. So far I'm 2/3 strength, and 3/4 running. Two days to go...

Got my 4th run in today and PR'd my pace! Yay!
My First Love, Peace Be Thine

ManutesGirl

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »
Good luck to those training for a half marathon.  I'm running one May 9th.  But my big thing is I am doing my first triathlon on May 3rd.  Should be interesting as I have not been out on my bike yet...

Mangomom - nutrition goal - maybe cut out processed food?  I know planning my meals for the week is very helpful (although I don't do it often enough).  My biggest issue is lunch.  If I don't cook dinner then I don't have leftovers for lunch...then the lunch struggle begins.
?I have lived my life well, lived with integrity and always lived each day the best I could.  I have no regrets.?  DKB 9/2/65 - 10/23/11

Alexswife

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »
Getting fit has become my new hobby. I gained about 15 pounds after Alex died, thanks to mt.dew. I've since lost 10 of those pounds by using workout videos on fitnessblender.com
I've also tried to drink less soda. That is the hardest thing for me because soda is like my comfort food.

My goal this week is to cut back on the amount of mt. dew I drink!
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. - Hebrews 4:7-8
Alex 1/31/91-7/19/12

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »
@bluebird and @manutes girl - I have cut out sodas, artificial sweeteners and most processed foods.  I need to take in more protein like you said, Bluebird.  I think my next number to hit will be a body fat percentage loss.  Not sure what is a reasonable goal though.  Off to read up!

@Manutes girl...  an half THEN a tri?  I wanna be you when I grow up!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:29:14 AM by Mangomom »

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 11:32:36 PM »
Week goals:

1. Attend two yoga sessions
2. Attend two Zumba sessions and/or treadmill intervals

Gotta get this fitness thing off the ground. I need to get back in shape, but I need the endorphins like nobody's bidness!

Baylee
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas

OSAAT

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 02:07:34 PM »
Today is my first day off of caffeine and nicotine (cold turkey).

First day on raw/whole foods/vegan cleanse.

I am feeling a very slight headache and pretty tired right now. My goal this week is to continue my cleanse and not give in!

littlebirdie

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 02:41:42 PM »
I have an hour of yoga scheduled for after work.

I had coffee with almond milk to wake myself up, clear broth with rice for breakfast, vegetable rice soup and kimchi for lunch, a couple of tangerines just now, and am planning on steamed potatoes, spinach, and white beans for dinner.

November

• Widowed 7/20/2014
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
Hi everyone, I ordered the 21 day fix and I am on day 6.  Since the workouts are only 30 mins. My other goal is to also wake up earlier to get at least 30 mins. of walking/running on treadmill.  And I want to go to bed earlier.  I tried to get up early and start my morning routine on the treadmill last week but I just couldn't get up.  I will keep you all posted!
Rigo, quiero cerrar mis ojos y sentir que estas conmigo.
Love you then, now & always.

Mizpah

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
Ran yesterday for the first time since getting pregnant (a year and a half ago).  I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight but it's all flab instead of muscle/fit/healthiness the way I used to be.  Need to get strong again, but have baby, career, and super long commute (and a partner with insanely long work hours, so pragmatically speaking no one to help with childcare).  But I need to.  Working out and running is one of the main things that helped me survive the early days and first couple years. 
widowed 2011 (DH 28)

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »
I walked over 10k steps yesterday and went for a walk tonight that totaled a little over 5k steps. I just need to keep doing some sort of excercise every day. My longer term goal is to get to 10k steps a day, on the days I'm not doing ballet.
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

JeanGenie

• Widowed 4-22-2013
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 06:19:31 PM »
I'm in on this after a long winter and caring for Mom...no time for exercise (or rather it was the first thing to go).  My goal this week is to get back to exercising 30 mins for 5 days/week.  I "should" also log my food...so far I've done that for 1/2 a day.  So maybe my goal is to do it for a full day!!  I did signup for another 5k in mid-April (I've done 3 previously).  Not sure I have enough time to get back in shape for that.  One week at a time, right?  So just 5 days straight of exercise will be and cutting back on snacking will be my goals for this week!
I miss how happy I was with you.