Author Topic: Minimalist 1 item a day challenge!  (Read 20356 times)

CBB

Re: Minimalist 1 item a day challenge!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 04:38:16 PM »
Today I purged old shoes. I still had shoes from high school. I kid you not! All in toll 20 pairs got donated! It was one of those thigs I have meant to do but just kept putting off.

Tomorrow it is revisiting old tubs of DH's miscellaneous items. He isn't going to want these any time soon so it is time to let go. Then working on basement stuff. Why I hang on to so much junk is beyond me. Who needs 10 totes of old Christmas and Halloween stuff?

Cyndi
I am different! How could I not be?

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »
Tomorrow I am ordering a dumpster to have delivered on Friday. It will be seven days of purging in preparation of a move I hope to be making in a couple months. For now, I just need to breathe without all of this clutter!
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 08:44:57 PM »
Jess I got a dumpster in the fall and it felt amazing!  I have a long way to go but I'm probably looking at 2 years before I'm ready to move. Happy purging!
You will forever be my always.

TooSoon

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 09:16:49 PM »
How much do dumpsters cost?

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
It depends on the size and probably different depending on where you live.  Mine was around $150 I think and I could have it as long as I needed.
You will forever be my always.

TooSoon

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 09:29:45 PM »
Oh!  That's not bad at all.  I will get myself a dumpster for my upcoming birthday -- a real purge splurge!

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 10:51:59 PM »
Yesterday I finally moved a box of donation goods from my kitchen to the donation center.  Today I replaced a light fixture with the new one that has been sitting in my back hall stairs since November. The old one is at the front door to go out with me in the morning to the recycle bin.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

DonnaP

• Forever changed because I loved you!
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 08:23:43 AM »
I went through a bin of old VHS tapes. A bunch are video footage from my kids' childhood years, so I can't part with them. I am considering transferring to DVD though. There are just so many of them. I DID toss several VHS tapes of televised NY Giants games from years ago. Mick had taped them, although he never once went back and re-watched those old games.
I still think of you, Mick...every SINGLE day!

Lmsmdm

• Joined Ywbb July/2011
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »
Cleaned the heck out of my second floor this weekend. Managed to toss 15 tops, and even a pair of shoes. That's right Big Guy, you heard right SHOES!!  ::)
You hate me don't you? Yup, so much I married you twice! :)

Munsen

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 04:30:54 PM »
Today I was sorting through the storage cabinet in my office. Tossing everything and anything that was no longer needed since I sold the company.

Next week, my son comes to get the cabinet and anything else business related. Including boxes of old files needing to be shredded.

MissingSquish

• widowed 5/20/12
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »
Wow, you guys are doing an amazing job of purging!  I love it!
Gone but not forgotten.....my Squish.

Miss you forever baby girl, my Pru!

mokie

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 06:15:09 PM »
Today I opened a box that had a bunch of old comic books that belonged to S... Put those in the container for his son.  Dug 4 formal dresses out of the closet and listed them for sale on the local Buy, Sell, and Trade site... 2 of which were my wedding dresses #2 and 3.  Yeah, 3 weddings so far.  There will not be a 4th.  And people wonder why I chuckle at the term "Chapter 2".  I think I'm on chapter 37.   :-\

The hubs listed 2 trombones and a guitar... And already sold the guitar.  He also pitched several things in the burn barrel, and sorted out some other stuff to go to the St Vincent's.  We're on a roll now!!
When you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance!

Mancino

• Widowed: September, 2009 Location: SE Michigan
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »
I got sidetracked with working on this, but am trying to get back on track so I need to catch up.  Today I sold my DH's camera (big sigh!), and then I started in on my spare bedroom, gathering a bag of goods to go to consignment and another for donation.   I also tossed two trash bags of stuff that wasn't fit for either pile.   

This purging/decluttering has been a real trip down memory lane.  I had a good chuckle over an old dance costume I found in the bottom of a storage chest, leftover from my ballroom/disco dancing days back in the 80s.  ::)  While I would love to get back into ballroom dancing one of these days, I think my days of wearing a sequin trimmed leotard with a gold fringe skirt are long over (not to mention there's no way it would go over my aging, ample ass, lol).   Next I need to get the nerve to sell/get rid of my unicycle that is collecting dust in the basement.  I remember saving my allowance to buy that thing when I was in 6th grade (I'm 56 now!) against my mother's rather loud objections.  I have carted it around with me all these years for some unknown reason.  Silly me actually thought about trying to ride it not too long ago...but then I decided if I was going to do that, I'd better do it in the hospital parking lot to save time and an ambulance ride  ;D
It didn't seem possible to take the next breath; but I realize today that I am surviving your death. Some days are hard when weakened by sorrow; Remembering you inspires me to face my tomorrow  ~Author Unknown

mokie

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »
Can you ride the unicycle while wearing the sequin trimmed leotard with the gold fringe skirt?  I think that would be pretty exciting!   :o
When you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance!

Mancino

• Widowed: September, 2009 Location: SE Michigan
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 09:01:53 PM »
Can you ride the unicycle while wearing the sequin trimmed leotard with the gold fringe skirt?  I think that would be pretty exciting!   :o
Ha, I think the fringe would get caught in the spokes.
It didn't seem possible to take the next breath; but I realize today that I am surviving your death. Some days are hard when weakened by sorrow; Remembering you inspires me to face my tomorrow  ~Author Unknown