Author Topic: The thoughts that have been running through my head these past 16 days  (Read 3766 times)

linda5

• My one, my only
Re: The thoughts that have been running through my head these past 16 days
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 09:44:47 PM »
Fran, you're in my prayers.  I am now at 2 1/2 years without the love of my life.  I know it doesn't help you now, but it does get easier.  Just hang on.  Your friends and family won't get it, and they shouldn't because they didn't have to experience this kind of loss.  Know that what you are feeling is normal ... cry when you want; yell, scream ... anything to get those emotions out.  My first year was hell, the second wasn't much better, but now I'm functioning.  I'm praying for you.  Keep posting and reading.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 10:37:02 PM »
So sorry you are here Fran but glad you found us. Post anything you think we can't handle because we can. We've all been there. We get you don't want to wake up another morning without him. Take one day, hour, minute at a time. Drink lots of water (crying is dehydrating). It's all baby steps!
Big hugs to you Fran.
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 07:19:16 AM »
Fran,

Welcome. I'm sorry for your loss and the horrible, horrible pain you are experiencing. You just keep taking it one hour at a time. Don't even bother thinking about the future. Survive for now. One day, you will find yourself living again. I promise. I'm nearly two years out since I lost my wife. I remember wanting to die too. I came extremely, dangerously close but many of these wonderful people on this board gave me just enough glimmer of hope to keep me going.

Scream, shout, let it all out (to quote will.i.am)

Xx
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com