Author Topic: 7th grade son driving me nuts  (Read 3575 times)

Sugarbell

Re: 7th grade son driving me nuts
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »
Thanks guys...All good points.

I think he's angry about everything and nothing. I do think he's angry becaUse in the past--he's enjoyed fixing/doing things (home repair. Lawn work, etc)...Now he doesn't (well he likes lawn work still on the riding mower but resents now fixing things around the house (which honestly he used to think if was so cool that he could fix the lawn mower, refrigerAtor, etc)...Now it's "I am just 12...None of my friends have to do this stuff"...

So I have backed off except the lawn-he likes it and has customers.

He started high school-And they do not keep 7/8th grade separate--he's thrown in there with Seniors--and sees everything....
So it's middle school age-But thrown in with upperclassman.

But I think at school things are fine. His golf coach Saturday said "Hey D is 7th grade Vice President. He gave a speech at school and had signs and everything. -Speech in front of 7th grade.

He did not tell me any of this-I didn't even know he was running...I said "Wow I am proud of you...great way to take imitative this year. Why didn't you tell me"

His response "Oh I forgot all about it..it's no big deal"

Also I am picking up he really misses his Dad this year....With golf...starting high school...I
He has referenced his Dad several times-which is something he really hasn't done much in years.

And yea therapy is the next step if he doesn't get things under control...We aren't there yet but I am not ruling it out.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 07:08:13 PM »
I've had to make therapy for my oldest mandatory when he was taking all his anger out on us.  It has helped and now he even schedules his own appointments when he needs to vent or work something out.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

Sugarbell

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »
It's slowly improving....

Over the weekend I took the kids to mts. All 4 of us. No NG...no one else just us. He didn't want to go and bitched and moaned but actually had a good time and bonded with his siblings. My brother and I went to his golf match yesterday and my brother is actually on the same page now as me with my son (trust me this is a miracle in itself my brother is unmedicated bipolar and I never know what I am going to get)...My son was more relaxed and golfed amazing. He felt good about himself was kind this morning to all of us.

It's still a day by day thing....but at least I feel he's getting steered back in the right direction.
B.W.H. 9/24/2007

Bear Shannon

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 05:47:03 AM »
It gets worst.  ::)
Peace ~ Bear

Laurie RIP (Married 1980 .. Widowed 2005)

"Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it."
~ Odd Thomas (Dean Kootnz)