Author Topic: My Grandma is Dying  (Read 7053 times)

Alexswife

My Grandma is Dying
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:10:05 AM »
It's 4:00 in the morning and my parents just left for the hospital. She fell almost two weeks ago and hit her head. She was just released from the hospital on Tuesday only to go back last night. They found that her brain in bleeding and there is nothing they can do for her.

I am torn. I have never had to be the 'strong' one. When Alex died I fell apart and my family just let me cry, scream, do whatever I needed to. Now I need to be there for my dad but I'm not sure that I know how to.

I am torn between going to work today to distract myself or going to tell her bye. I didn't get to tell Alex bye. I don't know what to do. I wish he were here to help me through everything.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. - Hebrews 4:7-8
Alex 1/31/91-7/19/12

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
Re: My Grandma is Dying
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 03:19:27 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma.  It's very hard to go through these difficult times without our love by our side to support us. 
You will forever be my always.

rifatheroffour

• Widowed 1-13-13 joined YWBB 6-10-13 Loc: RI
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 03:53:30 AM »
I am so sorry, yes these challenges alone are awful. The only thought I have is what would you have done if Alex were here?  Go with your gut feelings say a prayer for her and you can survive this.
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.
Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 07:08:25 AM »
Just hugs, Alexswife.  I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

SoVerySad

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 07:39:33 AM »
I'm so sorry your Grandma is so sick, AW. I think the best way to be there for your dad is just to be yourself - kind, loving, caring, faithful. That's all he will need and you fully embody them all.

Sending you love and tight, tight hugs...
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 08:17:14 AM »
I'm so sorry your Grandma is so sick, AW. I think the best way to be there for your dad is just to be yourself - kind, loving, caring, faithful. That's all he will need and you fully embody them all.

Sending you love and tight, tight hugs...

I couldn't say it any better than this. I am so sorry to hear this is happening.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

IfIonlycould

• Joined YWBB 2008
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 08:18:57 AM »
I wish I could do more,  sending (((((HUGS)))) and support as you and your family go through this....
We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.
Aristotle Onassis

Alexswife

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »
Thank you all for your support. It means so much.

She woke up today. Said she was starving but they will not let her eat. They want my dad to sign a DNR. It seems like a dream.

I decided to work today instead of going to the hospital. They have run test after test on her. They were talking about sending her hOme with hospice and then she woke up so now I don't know what the plan is.

Thanks again for your support. Please continue to pray for my family, especially my dad. My grandma was widowed in her early thirties and never remarried. I know she misses her Bennie. If she passes, I am sure she will finally be whole again.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. - Hebrews 4:7-8
Alex 1/31/91-7/19/12

momtokam

• Widowed September 2012
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »
I'm so, so, sorry you and your family are going through this.
You are all in my thoughts....

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 07:45:33 PM »
I am sorry that you have to go through this. Sending hugs.

widowat33

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »
Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

lcoxwell

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 12:58:38 AM »
It seems too inadequate to say that I am sorry, but I truly am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I will be praying for you, and for your family. (((Hugs)))
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

donswife

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 06:43:27 AM »
just wanted to say I am sorry you and your family are going though this right now
wish I had more to say but know we are here
My everything

swilson

• Widower since Sept. 2014
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 04:26:30 PM »
I'm sorry you and family are facing this, prayers for all of you.
~ she's gone to Heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world ~

MrsDan

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 05:56:34 AM »
A, I just want you to know you and your family have been in my thoughts. I hope your faith and love for one another will continue to provide the support and comfort you need at this time.
You are the Bear of my heart dear,
And nothing can take that away.