Author Topic: Another suggestion  (Read 1322 times)

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
Another suggestion
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:11:13 PM »
I was thinking about how I interact with the board, and I had a suggestion, which I know could range from trivial to impossible to implement.

We have a "Quote" button which we can use to create a public response to a thread post, with quoted text.  Sometimes I would prefer to send that privately to the author I am quoting - I'd like a new button to build the quote and send a private message to that person.  If I want to do this, especially with quoted text, it's really quite the pain to do thoroughly by hand.

Something to consider.

Thanks,
Rob T
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

RobFTC

• Lost Michelle to ovarian cancer 2010/11/07
    • Celtic Journeys radio show
Re: Another suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »
Least popular suggestion ever, apparently.
There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

donswife

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:47:32 PM »
ok that made me laugh
My everything

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 07:52:58 PM »
Awww, sorry Rob. I missed this. I will ask if this is possible. :)
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Guaruj

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:01:30 PM »
We have a "Quote" button which we can use to create a public response to a thread post, with quoted text.  Sometimes I would prefer to send that privately to the author I am quoting - I'd like a new button to build the quote and send a private message to that person.  If I want to do this, especially with quoted text, it's really quite the pain to do thoroughly by hand.

It is possible to do this, though I admit it's not as straightforward as it could be. You need to open at least one additional browser tab or window to do it:

• View the thread you wish to quote from.
  • Open "Send Personal Message" in another tab (Ctrl+Click) or window (Shift+Click).
  • Click the "Quote" button in the original window.
  • Select all the quoted text (Ctrl+A).
  • Copy the quoted text (Ctrl+C).
  • Paste the quoted text (Ctrl+V) into the personal message form.

This environment doesn't support direct quoting between threads, and that logically extends to personal messages.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Gabzmom

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 10:25:13 PM »
I think it's a great idea.  I have not been on the board for a few days though, so I didn't see it. 
"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." ~Cat Stevens