Author Topic: Cancer Wids?  (Read 16354 times)

Abitlost

Re: Cancer Wids?
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »
Cancer sucks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:38:55 PM by Abitlost »

sojourner

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »
Non Hodgkin lymphoma. Started as a typically slow-growing form that, while incurable, has a generally long survival period (follicular lymphoma). Rapidly transformed into a very aggressive but frequently curable form (DLBCL), which for him turned out to be resistant to all treatments, from ones that normally can cure it, especially in someone as relatively young and as healthy as he was, to an experimental clinical trial.  He beat the odds, which were all in his favor, and died. Just about 2 years from diagnosis to death from cancer-induced multiple organ failure. Only fairly recently have I begun to be able to remember him without it being memories/flashbacks of hearing his final gasping breaths, lying to him that we (kids & me) would be fine, that everything would be okay, and then reassuring him that we will see him later.

Bear Shannon

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
If the boogie man is coming, he is coming.

Yep  :(
Peace ~ Bear

Laurie RIP (Married 1980 .. Widowed 2005)

"Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it."
~ Odd Thomas (Dean Kootnz)

TooSoon

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2015, 05:38:54 PM »
Brain. Glioblastoma Multiforme. Misdiagnosed until it was the size of my fist.

Cancer sucks.

Another Glio-fucking-blastoma Multiforme widow here.  Oh, ABL, what an insane journey that was.  Some days I still marvel that we made it through and are still standing because there were many days when I wasn't so sure.  xxoo

Losttogether

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2015, 12:16:04 AM »
Glioblastoma multiforme (brain cancer). Lived 16 months from diagnosis. Died at 37.
How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold.

mizjsea

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2015, 07:49:19 PM »
Stage 4 Kidney cancer, rare aggressive subtype (1%). No signs of anything and in incredible shape and health until first symptom at stage 4. Gone in 7 months.

After being on this side of the fence, I am so bothered by all the "cancer lore" - such as all the stories in the media about the cancer fighters who win with their positive thoughts. If optimism was a true factor, my husband would have lived till he was 105. My brother has a good expression that "fate steps in and lets you know who is in charge."

I know similar things have been said on these site; it is nothing new. But the shock IT happened still takes my breath away and I suppose it always will.

Fuchsia

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2015, 01:10:23 AM »
Chondromsarcoma stole my husband a week ago. He fought for three years and live every day to the fullest. He wss wonderful.  Cancer sucks!

DebW

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2015, 12:37:13 PM »
Stage 4 Kidney cancer, rare aggressive subtype (1%). No signs of anything and in incredible shape and health until first symptom at stage 4. Gone in 7 months.

After being on this side of the fence, I am so bothered by all the "cancer lore" - such as all the stories in the media about the cancer fighters who win with their positive thoughts. If optimism was a true factor, my husband would have lived till he was 105. My brother has a good expression that "fate steps in and lets you know who is in charge."

I know similar things have been said on these site; it is nothing new. But the shock IT happened still takes my breath away and I suppose it always will.

I am so sorry for your loss. This too annoys the hell out of me, people who are positive seem to be deemed more worthy to live than someone who is struggling with what they are facing - you can't tell me that these people are 100% happy all the time, it's just what they present to the world. Also the 'miracle cures' touted in the press, it used to upset Anthony no end to have well meaning friends text or email us links to the lastest thing to try. We aren't religious in the conventional sense either and it annoys me when people tell you to have faith, God has a plan. As my 8 year old said, there is no good god that would allow this to happen to his daddy.

Guaruj

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2015, 07:25:26 PM »
My wife, Catherine, died in July 2014, 8 years after the discovery of her first soft tissue sarcoma tumor.

After being on this side of the fence, I am so bothered by all the "cancer lore" - such as all the stories in the media about the cancer fighters who win with their positive thoughts. If optimism was a true factor, my husband would have lived till he was 105.

I agree with this completely.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Bones

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2015, 09:08:45 PM »
Leiomyosarcoma of the left pulmonary artery. Misdiagnosed as a Pulmonary Embolism. Symptoms persisted and was misdiagnosed again, with a psychogenic cough- a fancy way of saying that persistent barking cough is all in your head. Someone finally had the good sense to repeat a CT. The diagnosis did not seem compatible with life. It wasn't. As many of you witnessed the same, my husband went through unimaginable procedures and complications to try to stay alive for his family.  He passed July 2015.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2015, 10:01:58 PM »
I'm sorry that you lost your husband to leiomyosarcoma, Bones.  I'm all too familiar with it myself, having been diagnosed with the unterine form of LMS just weeks after my second husband died.  Not many people have heard of it.

Sigh.

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

TalksToAngels

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2015, 10:33:06 PM »
Cancer wid. Misdiagnosis, with soon after to be "death sentence". I hold a lot inside, knowing the doctors could have acted sooner, with regard to treatment. It seems a complete blur now.

nonesuch

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »
i didn't even look closely at late husband's death certificate until yesterday.  I had to fax it to the manager of the Veterans' Cemetery.

Pulmonary embolism
Lung cancer