Author Topic: Joe Biden  (Read 4128 times)

Sugarbell

Re: Joe Biden
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 11:26:53 AM »
I adore him...When Obama picked him as his running mate in 2008...I knew very little about him. Didn't know he was a widow...but loved what he stood for politically and he always drew me in when he spoke. I developed a secret crush and people thought I was crazy. lol

After learning more and watching him over the past 8 years...he's a class act. He's brilliant yet humble...The man is deep...And I agree his wife Jill is just as amazing as him.

B.W.H. 9/24/2007

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 11:04:46 PM »
I'm a Canadian and I've always liked Biden but sorry, I have a problem with this interview. He stated his son never wanted anyone to know he got a Bronze Star (1:44 on the video) and he just told America. WTF was that?  Why did he dishonour his sons wishes? Politics is a dirty f'en game.
Just sayin, please don't be swayed by the heart strings when it comes to voting!
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

TooSoon

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 11:54:44 PM »
Shall we talk about Harper?! 

This is a discussion of about man who is not currently running for office and who has experienced loss of a magnitude I almost cannot compute who also happens to the the VPOTUS. 

widowat33

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »
No let's not talk about Harper..lol..

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 06:15:13 AM »
I didn't realize he wasn't running for office. Still don't understand why he told about his son. What is VPOTUS?
Harper for PM!

SoVerySad

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 10:44:09 AM »
BH2, Joe Biden is currently our Vice President. He is not currently running to be President as often our Vice Presidents do, however he has been considering running as he is being encouraged to do so. He's been honest that he isn't sure he has the full heart to commit to running so soon after his son's death.

It has been knowledge long before that interview with Colbert that his son was a bronze star recipient. I have known it for some time. I am not sure exactly who shared the information originally, but Biden wasn't revealing any secrets after his son's death. I think his point was just to share that he felt Beau was always humble and more concerned about others than himself and used that as an example. Biden's other son shared the same sentiment about his brother at his memorial service. It appears his family deeply misses him.

TS, yes, those words by Colbert have stuck with me as well. I think the important takeaway is that he understood and accepted his mother's grief. I know they remained very close throughout his life. Here is the transcript of the tribute he gave on his show after her death...

http://www.third-beat.com/2013/06/19/transcript-stephen-colberts-tribute-to-his-mother/

Beautiful!
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

soloact

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
Beau Biden died May 30, 2015. His family is not "over it" yet. Major Biden's military honors are known. The Vice President did not reveal any secrets or dishonor his son in the Colbert interview.

Google is your friend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau_Biden

Bear Shannon

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »
I want to get drunk and go skinny dipping with Joe.
Peace ~ Bear

Laurie RIP (Married 1980 .. Widowed 2005)

"Grief can destroy you -- or focus you. You can decide a relationship was all for nothing if it had to end in death, and you alone. OR you can realize that every moment of it had more meaning than you dared to recognize at the time, so much meaning it scared you, so you just lived, just took for granted the love and laughter of each day, and didn't allow yourself to consider the sacredness of it."
~ Odd Thomas (Dean Kootnz)

singinmomo4

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
What is VPOTUS?

Vice President Of The United States
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »
Being a Canadian, I still knew that he was VP. I have admired him,  I was just taken aback with the video clip I watched about him telling about his sons medal and I didn't realize it was already public. I thought he was running for President, pardon my ignorance. 
Really 'Google is your friend'. A tad much, I know all about Google and the Internet thanks.