Author Topic: 2 year lead up  (Read 1141 times)

Carey

• Widowed 11/23/13 Joined YWBB 12/2/13
2 year lead up
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:30:09 AM »
He died 11/23.  So now I keep think 2 years ago right now I was ..... he was still here.....we were ....  And that damn "On this Day" app on FB is still bringing up memories. This morning it reminded me that in 2010 we were snuggling in front of the TV watching stupid movies on a rainy day and I was thankful for him.  Which lead to me switching my phone to "his" playlist and it's played over and over for the last hour and a half. Torturing myself. I know I am and I don't know why I don't just stop it.  His presence or the lack thereof is suddenly bigger than it was over the summer.  The switch to fall will always make me think of those days leading up to the worst day of my life.  I really thought this would be better now.
I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are. 
Stars.... up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all
I know you've gone too far
 So I .... I can't look at the stars --Grace Potter

donswife

Re: 2 year lead up
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »
My worst day will be 10/18 
still can't take it all in and Like you I thought it would be better now and its the opposite
thinking of you and can totally relate
wish I could say something more profound to help
My everything

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
No great words tonight, just a thousand thousand tight (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))).
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

CHM1988

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »
11/18 for me, I'm right there with you. *hugs*

lcoxwell

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 05:37:34 PM »
This resonated with me, today. I think I was doing the whole "torturing myself" thing last night, and for what? That only leaves me feeling far worse, and doesn't bring any kind of comfort or solace at all. ANYWAY, no great words of wisdom here. I just wanted you to know I understand. (((Hugs)))
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.