Author Topic: Wild Wids at Disneyland - Thursday, July 21st (changed the name of the thread)  (Read 10744 times)

lcoxwell

"If you build it, they will come." - Field of Dreams

Since I, apparently, live too far away to attend any Bagos, up to this point, I have been feeling as if I have been missing out. A few wise widow/widower friends have advised that, if I want to have a Bago, all I have to do is pick a time and place, tell people to be there, and they will come. With that being said, I would like to propose a Late Spring 2016 Bago, to take place here in sunny California. I was thinking of setting a date for some time in May; and upon the suggestion of the ever-wonderful Jen, I thought it might be fun to plan a Bago for Disneyland (or one of the other popular theme parks in the general area). With that being said, who's in?

edited to add: I stole the name from Jen and changed the title of the thread, now that we have an actual date for our DisneylandBago. :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:27:26 PM by lcoxwell »
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
I'd love to try to make it work. Disneyland is a 6-7 hour drive I have made many times from Phoenix. I went recently for a day when I was in LA for work to reclaim the space for me, but now I am ready for some real fun! :)
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Quixote

Disneyland is a day trip for me.  I'm not sure I'm up for in person meetings (the moderate anonymity here helps with sharing).  But I may feel differently in the spring.  So count me as a maybe.

Mr C

• It's Your Heart
Great idea! Not sure what my schedule will look like come the Spring. But put me on the possible list.
Mrs.C, You have been my Sweetheart, Best Friend and Love since 1987. You will be my Wife forever and ever and ever. Love Always, Mr. C

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
Put me on the strong possible list. It's about 5 hours away and I can probably make a mini vacation out of it.

lcoxwell

I am so excited that there is actual interest in doing this! Yay!  :)

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
I bloody love theme parks and would genuinely consider flying over for this! May is wife's birthday and my wedding anniversary so would be a great distraction! Let me know if you set a date!

We'd be going on all the rids, right?!
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
For Disneyland, I do everything but Splash Mountain. California Adventure... I am more of  a wuss, but Disneyland is my bag.

On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

lcoxwell

I could do almost any Saturday or Sunday in May; though Saturdays tend to work best for me, since I have church on Sundays. I was thinking about trying to plan our Disney Adventure on Saturday, May 7th or Saturday, May 21st. The other two weekends are Mother's Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend, so there might be more of a crowd then. I am, however, open to suggestions and am willing to plan this shindig for any day that might fit with people's schedules. With that being said, does anyone have a preference on what day we plan to have our Sunny CA Bago?

K-REBat

Tempted.  Very tempted.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
Late May might be doable for me. I *really* want to make this happen!! My sister is due with her first baby in early- to mid-May, though, so it might be cutting it close. Cross fingers!!!
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Karin

If I can make the chosen date work. . . . I'm in.

Momtojandj

• Widowed since 10/2012 . Living in NJ
Is it weird I want to fly from NJ just to attend ? I'm following to see dates picked :-)
"To love another person is to see the face of God "

Jen

• Global Moderator
Not weird. I want to go!!!
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Jen

• Global Moderator
Here's my problem: I can't do May. :(  July, however, is an altogether different story. My second child was born in Los Angeles, but we moved when he was 10 days old, and he's never been back. His birthday is July 20, and since that falls nicely in line with our family vacation, I can make a very strong case for Disney/Anaheim/LA. (In fact, my mom already said yes.) And I have permission to add input from my partner in crime: July 21 is Michael's 2nd sadiversary, and there is nowhere he would rather be than heading west on the WidzWorldTour. So... just putting this out there... would anyone else consider doing a Disney Bago Extravaganza in July?