Author Topic: Wild Wids at Disneyland - Thursday, July 21st (changed the name of the thread)  (Read 11597 times)

Amor

• Amor Para Siempre
Wow Alaska and NC 2 of my favorite places.  Where are you going in both states?  Thanks for setting a date.  I am not sure what I am doing yet to make it or not to disneyland we shall see.  I know it will be a great trip.   

lcoxwell

Amor, my Alaskan cruise honeymoon is going to take me from Seattle, Washington up to Ketchican, Tracy Arm Fjord, Juneau, and Skagway in Alaska, and then will take me back down to Victoria, British Columbia, before returning me to Seattle. Then in August, I will be visiting the mountains of NC, in a little town that is over near Asheville.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Quixote

I'm leaning towards going.  You folks seem like nice people, it'd be nice to hang out.  I live about an hour north, traffic depending. As for scheduling, I don't know my work schedule until the 20th of the month prior but I'll try to bid for it off.

twistedmensa

• Embracing the suck since 1968!
The date of my high school reunion has been changed from July 23 to July 30, so I might be able to make this work. I think my kids would literally kill me in my sleep if they thought they had a chance to go to Disneyland and I didn't take them...lol. DH and I took them when they were younger. My daughter remembers going, but my son was only 4 and doesn't remember.

lcoxwell

You folks seem like nice people, it'd be nice to hang out.

Such high words of praise.  I am touched.   :D

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
WOOHOO!!!! This is so happening!! :D
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

lcoxwell

I should warn you people that I am one of those touchy-feely hugger types. If you do not wish to be accosted with a hug, you should let me know in advance, or I might just be hugging on you half the day. You have been warned.  ;D

lcoxwell

I'm just bumping this up to remind people to make plans to join us at Disneyland in July. This is my very first widow gathering, so please, please, please do not disappoint me with your failure to appear! Some of the very best widows you could possibly find anywhere will be there, so you won't just be stuck with me. I promise I will try really, really hard not to be a major embarrassment. Although, if you get bored while waiting in long lines, I can entertain with amusing stories and impressions of goofy teenagers, which could be mildly embarrassing, depending on who you are.  ;D

LiveToRide

This sounds like exactly what my daughter and I need! I was hoping to plan a vacation that same week. We are a strong maybe.  ;D

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
This sounds like exactly what my daughter and I need! I was hoping to plan a vacation that same week. We are a strong maybe.  ;D

Awesome! I hope you can join us!
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
Okay out of towners getting a hotel, anyone booked yet and staying somewhere specific?
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

LiveToRide

My 14 year old daughter and I are a definite now. Thinking about looking for an all inclusive beach resort deal so we can do Disney on the 21st and lounge on the beach for a few days.

I am so fucking excited! Finally something to look forward to! ;D

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
I just got confirmation that I got my vacation dates, so I'll be there, come hell or high water. And I'm bringing Mr Radio Hell himself with me. ;)
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

LiveToRide

We have decided on ShoreBreak in Huntington Beach. It looks adorable and it's beach front! We are staying Mon-Sat, because it made the trip way cheaper. YAY!!!

Anyone wanna join me on a vacation on the beach?  ;D ;D

LiveToRide

Trip is booked! 8)