Author Topic: The "like" feature  (Read 4859 times)

nonesuch

Re: The "like" feature
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2015, 07:38:44 AM »
Sometimes I'll think about replying, but someone has already done a better job of expressing what I wanted to say.  I might hit the like button for that.

I roll my eyes at the "like and share" Facebook stuff.  A couple summers ago, one person wanted to have a benefit concert for a particular cause, but the only task he would undertake was reminding people to like and share.  No permits applied for, no entertainment booked, no vendors rounded up = no benefit. 

I view the like button here and the one on Facebook as entirely different things. Weird, I am.

Captains wife

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2015, 09:00:41 AM »
I guess I am one of the few who likes the "like" button on here. I appreciate that many people read posts on here but don't post themselves - and some of those people will use the "like" button. I see it more of a way to appreciate what someone has said, rather than a replacement for words. I use it  because I think its nice to acknowledge people's thoughts, and sometimes I don't have the words to express myself. I also appreciate it that readers "like" posts, rather than reading and doing nothing. I am not insulted if my posts aren't acknowledged with a "like"....Just a different point of view.

soloact

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2015, 10:20:29 PM »
I use the like button when I agree with the poster but have nothing to offer that would expand on the thought. I like the like button.