Author Topic: Something I Did Today Would Have Made Him Very Proud  (Read 1321 times)

LostMyCharles

Something I Did Today Would Have Made Him Very Proud
« on: March 12, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »
I applied to take a professional certification exam, something that he had been encouraging me to do for years. It's the logical next step in my career but I never felt I was ready to take it. I guess I just had the realization that life is too short (don't we all know that!!) and nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So... I have a few short weeks to study for the exam, and the only time I'll have available to do so is after the youngster has gone to bed. Not my optimum time of day for retention, but so what.

I guess this is one way of moving forward, and knowing that he's showering his huge grin and unparalleled support down on me from the other side of the stars.

Jessica
"He was my North, my South, my East and West..." W.H. Auden

My love is with you always, Charles. 6/29/66 - 12/08/14

singinmomo4

Re: Something I Did Today Would Have Made Him Very Proud
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:47:38 PM »
Jessica that's great!  And yes, Charles would be very proud I'm sure.  I hope you are also proud of yourself because you should be.  Good job!
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

Jess

• Administrator
  • AKA Jezzy
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:43:36 PM »
Great job! I prefer to think that they know about these things and are happy. Who knows if they do, but I have always liked the thought. You go!
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good. - Unknown

Don't be concerned about being disloyal to your pain by being joyous. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Joe: 1979- 7/2014

Chopperette

• JIC 52 Ruptured Brain Aneurysm 3/21/2013
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
Congratulations Jessica!
With that determination, I'm sure you are going to ace that exam!

widowat33

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 11:53:41 PM »
That's great! I'm sure he would be proud of you :)
I started college less than two months after my dh passed away, it has really helped keep me busy and have positive things to focus on!
I agree, sometimes life is too short to waste not doing the things that make us happier!
Good luck!!