Specific Situations > Young Widowed Parents

I am a mess...

(1/3) > >>

Mangomom:
My 17 year old son just received his college acceptance letters today.  I can't stop crying.  I am so happy for him but I am so profoundly sad that his dad isn't here.  This is so unfair.  And now I have to figure out the financials and the logistics by myself - something that was suppose to be his job.  And I am terrified because my son is so emotionally unstable right now that his therapist and I have discussed delaying college until we can get him back on solid ground.  I am just overwhelmed with emotion right now and that is usually not me.  Thanks for letting me vent here.

Trying:
Congratulations to your son and to you for being a great mom!  It is such an emotional time for both of you, my oldest graduated last year so I can totally relate to all of the mixed emotions and concerns.

anniegirl:
Congratulations to your son!

Have you talked with the counseling office at his high school to see if they can help you figure out the financial stuff and maybe even help you arrange a delayed entrance to the school (if that proves necessary).

I taught high school. Counselors are there to help with that sort of thing.

One day at a time. Today be proud of you both!

Mac:
Congratulations Mangomom!

Cindy passed the month after our son graduated from high school. Our daughter graduated from college a year later. I can appreciate what you wrote. (((Mangomom))) It would be nice if the college wasn't too far away from you. Far enough away for him to live there and have some independence, but close enough (1-2 hour drive) that you can see each other whenever you want to. I think that most colleges do offer counseling, or he would still be close enough to see his therapist occasionally. My daughter's college was a 7-1/2 hour drive. My son's college is about a 50 minute drive. I'm glad that we are able to see each other so often. I'm very glad that we were able to see each other so much during that 1st year of college. I did help him so much.

lcoxwell:
Kenneth passed away two months before our son graduated from high school.  I remember posting about it on the old board, saying how he should have been there.  I'm sorry you are a mess, and just wanted you to know I hear you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version