Author Topic: Missing my husband, my best friend & #1 cheerleader  (Read 4773 times)

Suki1

Re: Missing my husband, my best friend & #1 cheerleader
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 07:09:32 PM »
Hi Karin,

My husband passed away suddenly, too, and we had no children, and after the initial rush of condolences, nearly everyone just disappeared. So it was a great relief to me to find this site  (actually, its predecessor) eight months later. This is a great group and we know where you're coming from. You're not alone. Sending you hugs.

Mlb34u

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:26 AM »
I understand what you are going through.  I am new here but I lost my husband on October 7 when he laid down to take a nap and his heart had some strange misfire and he died in his sleep.  My 12 yr old was home with him while I was at work and went to ask him something and he wasn't breathing.  Now she doesn't like for me to nap and comes to wake me up just, to see if I am alive.  It is heartbreaking.  He was just 46.

lcoxwell

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 03:20:31 PM »
Karin, I am sorry that I missed this, when you originally posted. I am also so very sorry that you have a reason to be here, but want you to know that there are good people here and that this is a safe place to come, to share memories, to talk of your husband, and to discuss anything that might come up, along the way. My heart breaks for you.

Some of the very best advice I received, in the early days after my Kenneth died, came from the people here. A few things to remember are this: Right now, it is most important to take care of your basic needs and survival. Just do what you must to get through the day, and try not to think too far ahead. Eat when you can, sleep when you can, and drink plenty of water. Allow yourself to cry. Let others help you, when they offer, even if you aren't really sure what you need. Most of all, just remember to breathe. When you feel overwhelmed or like your whole world is caving in, taking the time to take concentrated, deep breaths will help to calm you, if nothing else.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

Karin

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 01:29:33 AM »
I miss him.  I hate this.

Dark Rose

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 01:42:59 AM »
Karin, I hate this too, I just want my husband back...
Forever incomplete, and broken without you....

phil

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »
its so cruel, i cry my eyes out every night, , hugs to every one

MauiMermaid

• 1991-2013 You gave me the best years of my life
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 07:36:50 PM »
Hello Karin,

First, I am so, so sorry for your loss. Thank you for trusting us and sharing your story with us. "Missing my husband, my best friend and # cheerleader"... it says it best. I understand and share so many of the same circumstances and emotions. You are so early in this journey, just be kind to yourself, breathe, let the emotions come (including the seemingly endless tears), and get through it hour-by-hour. In the beginning, even looking beyond the end of the day was too much for me.

I am approaching 3 years in January and looking back I never thought I'd get here. I was sure my heart would just stop like his did. How could my heart survive all this pain, after all? Yet somehow I am here. You will get through, too.

You are not alone in your thoughts. We are here when no one else can possibly understand. (((Hugs to you))). Again, I'm so sorry you lost your dear Eddie. xoxoxo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:39:52 PM by MauiMermaid »
To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with. - Mark Twain

You will always be my everything.

Karin

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 09:03:09 PM »
How am I supposed to do this "life" thing without my other half?  Suddenly, I am as unencumbered as a recent high school graduate with a whole world of options......and nothing sounds appealing.

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 05:58:47 PM »
Exactly. Perfectly stated.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Karin

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 09:35:45 PM »
3 months, today.  Feels like yesterday, and at the same time, feels like years ago.  My memory stinks, on a good day, so I really don't remember much at all from the time around his death and funeral.  That lack of memory, I've heard, is my grief protecting me from pain, but because I don't remember, it often feels like he's just not home right now.  Then, I remember, and every reminder or fresh new memory is like a punch to the gut, triggering a brand new round of pain.  I miss him so much.