Author Topic: North East PA Bago? HECK YES! - I dare you..  (Read 4182 times)

singinmomo4

Re: North East PA Bago? HECK YES! - I dare you..
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 05:44:12 PM »
Absolutely!
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

SoVerySad

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 06:36:59 PM »
I'm in depending upon location and weather.
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

TooSoon

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 07:00:56 PM »
Since the op is up in the WB-Scranton area and most of the rest of us are south, maybe someone propose a couple of dates somewhere in between?  My schedule is bonkers at the moment but if we're free, we will be there (we as in M and me).

spiritinthesky46

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 11:07:42 PM »
Pittsburgh ?? Anyone ..........

SoVerySad

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 07:48:14 PM »
Pittsburgh is a little too far for me, but your post made me chuckle. I would have to go through Somerset via the turnpike to get there. I swear I have never gone through Somerset when it wasn't snowing there. The center I managed was placed in a region with centers in Pittsburgh for a while as my location is an outlier. I had to go to Pittsburgh for regional meetings. I always hit snow in Somerset it seemed, even when it was lovely weather the whole rest of the trip.
Without you, Baby, I'm not me.

Adley

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 10:45:38 PM »
Hello all, I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I decided to stick my neck back out in my old career field, and after a few opportunities reared their heads and disintegrated, it looks like I've landed a project in NE PA. Tobyhanna, anybody familiar? I'm unfamiliar with the area and have been checking schools, daycare, and apartments. I think most of the guys are saying in Camelback and Tannersville, but I was thinking school in Mt. Pocono, and found a daycare there that opens at 5am. No apartments yet though, waiting on a realtor to call me. Any advice on schools, daycare, and apartments? I hope to get to meet you all!
Thanks, Adley
Here's to my pretty young wife     sleepin amongst the stars           now they say what's hers is mine but I know what's ours is ours

keeptrying

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
Weather is hot, freezing, hot, freezing...   Next really nice days... if anyone is up for it.. I know I am a bit far from everyone.. but I am a pretty good cook.. I'll cook something up, and have enough enough room if anyone needs a place to stay..     Getting together would be nice!

TooSoon

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 10:04:29 AM »
Hello all, I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I decided to stick my neck back out in my old career field, and after a few opportunities reared their heads and disintegrated, it looks like I've landed a project in NE PA. Tobyhanna, anybody familiar? I'm unfamiliar with the area and have been checking schools, daycare, and apartments. I think most of the guys are saying in Camelback and Tannersville, but I was thinking school in Mt. Pocono, and found a daycare there that opens at 5am. No apartments yet though, waiting on a realtor to call me. Any advice on schools, daycare, and apartments? I hope to get to meet you all!
Thanks, Adley

Hi Adley,  We live in Allentown (about 45 mins from Poconos).  Feel free to reach out if/when you relocate.  I tried looking up schools up there - I might suggest checking out the Stroudsburg Area school district (it is ranked 95th in the state on niche.com).  I've never been but people say Stroudsburg is a cute town, too. 

P.S. - edited to add - I just saw on your other post about rings that you rode in a Mardi Gras float which tells me maybe you're somewhere near NOLA.  I went to Tulane and a little bit of my heart still lives in LA.   :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:16:02 AM by TooSoon »

Adley

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
Thanks for the response! It looks like the PA isn't gonna go this year, bummer, they really had my hopes up. Now it looks instead of 5 months at Tobyhanna it'll be 6 weeks in NM.  But there are always projects there, I will probably make it one day. I know a lot of you are in the region, hope to meet you all someday! Oh and my heart is always here as well... but we were in Lake Charles parade, though I love New Orleans, the culture here is distinct. Thanks!
Here's to my pretty young wife     sleepin amongst the stars           now they say what's hers is mine but I know what's ours is ours

TooSoon

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »
When you're up here, let us know.  We can plan to meet up somewhere for dinner or something. 

singinmomo4

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »
Always!
Rick, an amazing husband, father, fisherman & fisher of men with a servants heart who served God every day. ReRe, miss your smile & twinkle in your eye.

Adley

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 03:35:35 PM »
Thanks, sorry I didn't realize you all had answered me. Oh this fickle industry, its possible I could be up there in the spring. I sure hope so, that would be a whopping 8 months! But the saying is " you never know where you're going till you get there" lol