Author Topic: My message to the world  (Read 5677 times)

JaseBlade

My message to the world
« on: March 13, 2015, 03:13:51 PM »
For anyone on Facebook, may I please ask you to share this video with the world? The disgusting comments and messages I have seen from people about me losing my fianc?e have sickened me, but I can look past them. Please share this message in the video to make sure nobody that doesn't have the strength left to look past such comments suffer in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206231367601770&pnref=story

Thanks everyone. Big hugs! :)

Mangomom

• Widowed 8/10/12
Re: My message to the world
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »
I am so sorry, JaseBlade.  People are so cruel and quick to judge.  And when the media steps in it is a story and not a soul.  ((hugs))

lcoxwell

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 07:06:10 PM »
This is well done, and I think you have a wonderful message to share.  With your permission, I would like to share your video with my 8th grade students.  We just finished reading a book that teaches people can be word bullies, and we have spent some time discussing how words can hurt.  This video would be an excellent follow-up, showing one person's personal experience and reminding them to think before they speak.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

JaseBlade

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
This is well done, and I think you have a wonderful message to share.  With your permission, I would like to share your video with my 8th grade students.  We just finished reading a book that teaches people can be word bullies, and we have spent some time discussing how words can hurt.  This video would be an excellent follow-up, showing one person's personal experience and reminding them to think before they speak.

I would be so grateful for you to share this video, so please feel free to share it with your students. If just one person in the future is saved from pain due to my video, then that is mission accomplished. And also, well done to you for teaching your students such an important lesson in life, it's about time these internet trolls become a thing of the past.
I hope my video s helpful in teaching them.

Jason

Chopperette

• JIC 52 Ruptured Brain Aneurysm 3/21/2013
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 07:28:38 PM »
Beautiful message Jason! I gladly shared it already!

BrokenHeart2

• Widowed 2013
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »
So beautiful Jason. I'm sorry you had to endure the insensitive work of others.
Hugs
I don't want it to be his legacy that his death destroyed me.
I need to honour his life by rebuilding my life.

Trying

• aka MissingmyTim
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 09:06:55 PM »
That was beautifully done. I am crying for your loss and the insensitive comments you've had to endure.  God bless you, Grace's family and her friends.
You will forever be my always.

Wheelerswife

• Widowed x 2.
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 09:15:25 PM »
Jason...I would just like to say you are a beautiful man.  Your heart is huge and full of love and sorrow, too.  I find it so difficult to understand how people could be so cruel with their words.  Your loss of Grace is so tragic.  It hurts to know you have learned one of life's hard lessons at such a young age.  You should have been able to live in bliss and innocence until you were much older.  Thank you for sharing your depth with us.

Hugs,

Maureen
Life is short.  Love with all you've got. 

Barry 11/29/55-9/22/09       John  1/16/57-1/11/14

Empathy  Developer  Responsibility  Adaptability Connectedness

widowat33

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 12:50:25 AM »
Very nicely done! I love the message too..while my husbands death was in newspapers and posted on their websites, there wasn't any negative comments, I think the one I remember the most was one woman commented that her husband seen the accident and it was a bad one :( But I do get upset when I see comments about accidents and people are so quick to blame, I too wish they would think about the persons loved ones before they comment, or blame, or just write negative things!
I'm sorry you had to read those ignorant comments, but I'm glad you are able to realize that they are just that..ignorant!

Mr C

• It's Your Heart
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 04:25:52 AM »
Jason, Thank you for sharing your video, message and Grace's beautiful music. I am sorry that have to deal with such nasty comments by some small minded people. I can only imagine how much that hurts on top of all you have had to endure.

From what I have seen of you here, it was of little surprise to see how your friends, family and others rallied to defend and support you. You have a beautiful soul and your great love for Grace is clear.
Mrs.C, You have been my Sweetheart, Best Friend and Love since 1987. You will be my Wife forever and ever and ever. Love Always, Mr. C

swilson

• Widower since Sept. 2014
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »
Jason, I'm sorry your having to endure this nonsense along with the loss of Grace. It's too easy for mean spirited people to hide behind screen names and type out horrible, hurtful crap. If more would ponder the wise words attributed to Babcock; "When I want to speak let me think first -Is it true? -Is it kind? -Is it necessary? If not, let it be left unsaid."
~ she's gone to Heaven so I've got to be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world ~

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »
Jason... I'm typing this with tears pouring down my face. I'm appalled by the coldness and cruelty some horrible people evinced in the wake of Grace's tragic death. But more than that, I'm amazed and humbled to see the intense love you have for her. That is... priceless. So many hugs, as useless as they are. And thank you.
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

Stargazer74

• Jamie, 35, Dec 2, 2014, Unknown Cause
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 03:06:27 PM »
That's a very touching video Jason, and I shared it and sent you a friend request as well.  It is an important message to everyone to remember that each of us are flesh and blood behind the words on the internet and no one deserves to be bullied like that.  I'm glad you are here, but so sorry about your loss of Grace, she was a beautiful young lady and you both look very happy together.
?Knock and it shall be opened.' But does knocking mean hammering and kicking the door like a maniac??
C.S. Lewis

?Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything.?
C.S. Lewis

Blue14

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 11:16:26 AM »
You are amazing and courageous and I am so sorry this happen to you and Grace.

SimiRed

• Widowed 9-19-09 Joined YWBB 10-2009
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »
@JaseBlade, I am so sorry you had to read those awful messages from others.  The insensitively of others just amazes me at moments.  You are an amazing person and Grace will always be a treasure to you.

{{Hugs}}
~Tracey~
My wonderful husband Rick of 19 years, 12/11/67 - 9/20/09 Neuroendocrine cancer.
I still miss you everyday, I go forward, but my mind stands still.