Author Topic: My message to the world  (Read 5697 times)

JaseBlade

Re: My message to the world
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 06:08:30 PM »
I wish I had the time to reply to your posts individually, but at the moment I'm crazily overwhelmed with the response to my video- I'm losing track of it all! It's reached over 32,000 people!
I hope I will get time to reply to you all individually, but for now I'd just like to say a massive thank you to you all for your kind words and help in pushing my message out there.

I have been receiving a lot of messages from people who have also lost their partners and been on the receiving edge of trolls throwing disgusting comments in their direction- I have of course directed these people towards this amazing community here :)

gracelet

• Eerily Cheerily - upbeat but sarcastic musings of a young lesbian widow
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 08:46:10 AM »
Jason, you rock.
Musings of this sarcastic but upbeat young widow can be read here : www.eerilycheerily.com

JaseBlade

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
You're too nice, Grace!! :) Thank you so much again to everyone that has helped support me with this.
Just so you all know, I have gone MASSIVELY out of my comfort zone to talk about this on TV tonight. It was difficult to do, but the message needs to get out there.

JaseBlade

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »

Jen

• Global Moderator
  • Jim: 7 April 1974-10 April 2014
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
Oh, bless your heart, Jason... you did beautifully. Is it terrible of me to say I'm glad to hear you? ((((HUGS))))
I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Dying is easy. Living is hard. ~George Washington, Hamilton

JacklessSally

• Some Bunny Loves you DB
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »
Just watched it, you did wonderfully.

Sucks that you have to defend yourself to such asshats, but this whole journey has taught me that there are some very idiotic people in the world.

When the cousin of the woman who hit my fiancee's car went online to talk about the accident, he stated that my love tried to pull a U turn in front of her, and it was B's fault his cousin is in the hospital. Never made note of the car that PUSHED my love into on coming traffic. People put together the pieces that the want to, not the ones that actually fit..
B.H.S. 1-20-1974 - 11-13-2014

You will always be my Jack and I will always be your Sally. For we were simply meant to be.

lcoxwell

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 06:03:18 PM »
I just watched the video, and I think you did quite well.  It is such a tragedy that you had to lose your Grace, and that others have attacked you; however, it is a wonderful gift that you are willing to share your story with others, in hopes that it may make others think about their actions.  Bravo!
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

stormywx

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »
Jason,
  God bless you for being strong enough to overlook the ugly comments. Not only having to deal with such a tragic accident, but then to have these trolls spewing venom at you..so sickening. You just keep being that sweet strong man I saw in your video.  ;)

look2thesky

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »
There is much to be said about the social media. I always found the best, and worst, in Facebook, and people in general. The music in the background is absolutely beautiful. I take it that its Her playing. It's the legacy to You both. Something that will live, forever. You were blessed to have each other, for the time God, and as I have felt, fate allowed.
A gift, that is the true legacy. Best to You, always.

(Shared)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:32:10 AM by look2thesky »

lcoxwell

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 03:24:42 PM »
I showed your video to my class today, and they were very moved by it.  Your video truly touched some of my students and lead to some very good discussion points among my students.  Some of my students asked me to please send you a message from them, so I told them I would.  They want you to know they are very sorry for your loss.  They also want you to know they think your Grace was beautiful, and they are very sorry people said the things they did to you.  My students said it wasn't right, what people said.  They wanted you to know, they loved your video and Grace's music.  Finally, they wanted me to tell you that you did a great job with the video and to thank you for letting them watch it.
"The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude." - Thornton Wilder

Thank you, my dearest Kenneth, for loving me and for giving me the best 13 years of my life.

marian1953

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
I truly believe your words will be remembered by many- Marian