Author Topic: Is it time to say goodbye to new guy?  (Read 8072 times)

MrsT85

• Global Moderator
  • Widowed by a car accident at age 27
Re: Is it time to say goodbye to new guy?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 12:34:17 PM »
I have no good advice, but just wanted to say DOESN'T DATING SUCK??????  This shit always makes me so resentful that we are in this situation.  I remember being so smug with my husband "Thank GOD we never have to figure this dating shit out again...aren't we lucky to have such a strong marriage"...yes, we were!!! 

I totally get this.  My Tim and I would have almost the exact same conversation all the time.  We'd often watch our friends awkwardly try to date or have a friend come to get drunk and cry and sleep on our couch after a breakup.  Afterwards, we'd always have the same conversation:  "I'm so lucky to have found you.  I love you so much and know I'll never ever want to leave you.  I'm so glad I'll never have to date again."

And then he died.  And it was my turn to run to my friends' arms and cry and get drunk and fall asleep on their couches.
Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face

Do You Realize??

01/12/1977-04/06/2013

Baylee627

• Widowed on 3/13/14
    • dawiddahood
Re: Is it time to say goodbye to new guy?
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 11:57:33 PM »
My first thought is no imminent decisions need be made if yall aren't discussing marriage in the near future. Y'all have been dating a year, so if the decision to cut him loose isn't clear-cut, continue dating him another six months or a year. Perhaps yours or his feelings will change or even something such as his finances could change with a new job. With a bit more time, it's possible he could be a better fit for you. Or, hell, you could lose interest in him altogether and there's your answer.

Hard to say.

But, if your goal is marriage sooner rather than later, and yall are at the point where that's on the table...my feeling would be to initiate breaking up as his situation is not a fit for you at this time. It's just not, no matter how much you'd like it to be.

No need to do anything impetuous. Just rationalize this. You can always give it a bit more time, nothing wrong with that approach.

Baylee

Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion--Dylan Thomas