Socializing > Social Encounters

Re: OK being alone, haven't recoupled and not seeking to recouple thread

<< < (17/17)

Bear Shannon:
I love women but I don't see marriage in my future. Even living with a woman for six months was too much togetherness for me. I have a few friends here in FL who call themselves polyamorous and one who calls himself solo poly, which means he has a few close relationships but he prefers to live alone. It is not one night stands or casual sex. They call it "ethical non-monogamy". 

Julester3:

--- Quote from: Bear Shannon on July 18, 2017, 06:22:13 PM ---I love women but I don't see marriage in my future. Even living with a woman for six months was too much togetherness for me. I have a few friends here in FL who call themselves polyamorous and one who calls himself solo poly, which means he has a few close relationships but he prefers to live alone. It is not one night stands or casual sex. They call it "ethical non-monogamy".

--- End quote ---

That's interesting. Thanks for the information.

Bear Shannon:

--- Quote from: Julester3 on July 18, 2017, 07:03:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bear Shannon on July 18, 2017, 06:22:13 PM ---I love women but I don't see marriage in my future. Even living with a woman for six months was too much togetherness for me. I have a few friends here in FL who call themselves polyamorous and one who calls himself solo poly, which means he has a few close relationships but he prefers to live alone. It is not one night stands or casual sex. They call it "ethical non-monogamy".

--- End quote ---

That's interesting. Thanks for the information.

--- End quote ---

Maybe it's just my fear of commitment?  :)

Flman:
I have been a widower a long time 12 years . Married for 14 . After a year of losing my wife I felt kinda desperate didn't want to be alone or just listened to ppl telling me you're young you have to get married again.so I went on dates like crazy for a while what a joke even had a few relationships but just bc Everyone said to. It's been a few years now that I've been kind of a loner. To be honest it's great to a point sure I would love to have company once in a while but coming home with no drama is the best thing in life right now. Maybe I just can't get over the fact that my sweetheart is gone forever or when I was with someone I always felt so dam guilty. I mean we didn't divorce its like she just went away for a long time. Life really sucks sometimes

Adley:
Yes Flman, to the coming home to no drama. I remarried last year for four months, and learned how much worse things can be than simply being alone. It's lonely, yes, but I'll take solitude over constant strife any day. As in your other recent post, I can feel myself shutting doors as a protection mechanism. Who wants to add more pain? Life is complicated enough without someone's arbitrary drama.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version